“Fab-u-lous Barcelona break!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lugaris Beach
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Fab-u-lous Barcelona break!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed with son and wife for 3 nights and really could not fault it. The welcome we received from Pia and Narcis was second to none and they really could not have done more to help us get around. The apartment was spotlessly clean and supplied a few essentials so often missing from self catering places eg coffee sachets and milk, detergent tablets ( not that we did any laundry!), washing up liquid etc. The metro is only a short walk away where you can buy a T10 ticket for 10 euros which is for 10 bus or metro trips pretty much anywhere you will need to get to. View from the roof is good too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in an apartment on the 5th floor (great for easy access to the pool!) fr 3 nights over late spring bank holiday.
The apartment was clean and had everything you would need for a week or longer (washing machine, iron, dishwasher, the lot!). There's nothing flash about them, but that's not what you're paying for really, they're just nice, fresh, and brlliantly located. The beach is 5 mins away, and is a quiet bit. There are some excellent bars and restaurants barely a minute or two away, and a great supermarket if you're on a budget and not wanting to eat out for every meal.
Poblenou tube is a 5/10 min walk away, and is only about 5 or 6 stops from the very centre. You can change to almost any location from this line. Reception also told us the bus was very easy to catch from out the front, though we didn't actually do this.
I would thoroughly recommend these aparamtents, and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaTakesTrips
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We were here in May 2013. We were lucky to be in a nice spacy appartment. The beach is just across the street, playground just as well, one average supermarket is 2 min walking distance and plenty of restaurants.
So we decided to come back. Our boys are 3,5 y.o. and 5 months old. Honestly, we expected the same kind of appartment and at the booking we asked to be at the top floor. Nothing of this we got..
The room is ok, but smaller. The bad surprize is the bathroom with the "lavabo" (dont know in English) hanging down a bit BUT supported by the towels table!!!
We informed the receptionnist about it, he asked our permission to check the problem, but so far we did not hear from him any comments...or perhaps it is supposed that we should run after and ask ourselves...?
Anyway, hope this thing will hold for two more days and wont fall on none of us!!!
Yes, receptionnints are very helpful to tell u where to go, which bus, etc. But thats all.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Aquarius20102010
Irene F, Quality Assistant at Lugaris Beach, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear guest,

First at all, thank you to choose us again for your stay in Barcelona and I am sorry for the inconveniences you have had during your stay.

Our apartments are organised per types and each one has a different arrangement.. For your next stay, you can request the apartment you wish and we try to give you under availability.

Regarding the sink, I am sorry that you feel ignored and we can not fix the inconvenience during your stay. Actually, the technician fixed it after you left the apartment.

I want to thank you again the time you take for your comment and we expect to see you to show you our improvements.

Please, do not hesitate to contact with me if you have any doubt or suggestion.

Best regards,

Irene Ferre García
Quality Assistant
E-mail: info@lugaris.com
Tlf: 0034 93 221 9159
Stevenage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Modern block just off the beach and close to many bars and restaurants Rambla de Poblenou is 3 minutes away.

Very comfortable apartments, contemporary design, great night sleep in the 6 foot wide bed. Excellent value.

Only downside for us was the WiFi was not working during our 3 night stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John L
Lugaris, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Lugaris Beach, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you very much for your comments of Lugaris Sea The Home Concept, we valuate a lot your opinion.

At the moment we are installing the individual WIFI service of high speed 10 Mb descent and 3 Mb rise in each of our apartments.

Please keep in mind there is a computer available at the reception for the clients for any search you need to make or to buy turistic tickets.

We would be glad if you could enjoy this improvement during your next stay with us.

If you make reservation through our web, with the code LUG10HOTC3, you will receive the 10% discount.

We are looking forward seeing you soon.

Best regards

Pía Vargas
Ansbach, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at the Lugaris Sea apartment/hotel with friends to celebrate my 35th birthday. At first, I was anxious about the location because I wanted to stay by Las Ramblas to have easy access to everything---namely the nightlife. However, I was really pleased with the location once I arrived. We were a three minute walk (across one street) to the beach, which allowed me to take a sunrise walk on the beach my first morning.....amazing! It was a little challenging to find, but the hotel gave me excellent directions and the staffer came outside to find me once he saw me with my suitcase wondering around. :) The apartment is lovely, very comfortable. It is well-appointed with a full kitchen, dining table, futon/lounge/bed and a queen size bed. (we stayed in the one bedroom apartment. It easily slept the three in my party). The hotel is located a block from a major thoroughfare with bars and restaurants and shops. And a few blocks down in the Metro and we were just minutes away via train from the downtown of Barcelona. Easy access to anything we wanted to see. The hotel is also not far from the pier area....which has plenty to see and do, as well.
I left my phone in the taxi which took me to the hotel. Narcis, in the office, was SO kind and called the cab company for me (I only speak very limited Spanish and the cab company had previously hung up on me in frustration). The phone was found after I had left Spain to go home to Germany, and Narcis tracked it down and mailed it to me!!! I couldn't believe it! How's that for customer service. He didn't even charge me anything other than my shipping!
I highly recommend the Lugaris Sea apartment/hotel. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Just give them a call and let them know how many people you are trying to sleep, and they will help...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank t_long7
Reading
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

These apartments are in a good location near the beach, and with convenient shops nearby. The service from Irene and front desk crew was very helpful. Unfortunately, the rooms are noisy due to traffic noise (buses, starting early) on the main road in front, also noise from other rooms. The beds are not very comfortable. The décor is modern and the apartment was clean, with plenty of kitchen utensils.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank reatigger
Dear guest,

First at all, thank you for your comments. We appreciate the time you take and we note about your suggestions.

Regarding the noise, all our apartments have soundproof windows. I am sorry if the noise disturbs you anyway.

I am sorry to hear the bed was not as comfortable as you expected. Please, note we are at the office from 9am to midnight to help our guests to improve their stays.

Please, do not hesitate to contact with me to assist you with anything by phone or e-mail.

We hope to see you another time.

Best regards,

Irene Ferre García
Quality Assistant
E-mail: info@lugaris.com
Tlf: +34 93 221 9159
Budleigh Salterton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed in this apartment when visiting our son and daughter-in-law who live in Poblenou. The apartment was excellently fitted,and spotlessly clean. It is in a new apartment block minutes away both from the beach and the Rambla in Poblenou. We will be using this apartment again in January, staying for a week.

Poblenou itself is an excellent base to stay. It is on the metro which enables easy access to the centre of Barcelona but also has all that you would need in the way of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family