“4 Hour Private City Tour”

Barcelona Great Tours
Ranked #283 of 581 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: We are tour company in Barcelona with 5 years of experience with cruise passengers. We arrange private tours only for your party, never shared, all our vans are licensed and our driver-guides speak a perfect English. We are not dealers, we are not a commisionist, you contact the final company directly, this is allows to you to have best rates for the same service offered by other tour companies.Let us be your friend in Barcelona!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 23 March 2014

So, months after posting my 3 star review, I get an email from TripAdvisor saying that it's been removed because "it may have been published to the wrong listing." Yeah, right. There's only one Baracelona Great Tours on here. The lack of 4,3 and 2 star ratings suddenly looks suspect. No matter. Here's the original post for all to see.

"After much debate I decided to go with Barcelona Great Tours because the price was so very reasonable in comparison to other tour companies. It was an expensive vacation and we had to pinch pennies where we could. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. It took quite a while to find our tour because my name was written on a rather small board with the names of other people using the same company even though we were taking a private tour. The driver, Jonathan(?), was smartly dressed and very patient when I had to wait in line and exchange money before we left. The one issue was his English skills, or lack thereof. He had trouble understanding even simple questions and his accent was so thick we had trouble understanding his answers. We saw all of the sites that we wanted to see including a detour to Park Guell and the van was very clean and safe, but at some point we basically gave up on asking questions and just rode in silence. I would probably recommend BGT more readily if we'd had a different guide."

1  Thank Jae A

Reviewed 16 March 2014

From the planning to the drop off at the port, Barcelona Great Tours provided great service, excellent advice and a wonderful driver/guide in Carlos. Martha answered my million questions promptly prior to our trip. My elderly mother and her friend traveled separately to Barcelona, so I was worried about them being met at the airport. I worried needlessly. BGT met them and me on time. We spent 2 days with Carlos, touring the city and then driving down all the way to Cadaiques along the Costa Brava. He was wonderful, knowledgeable and fun. My mother and her friend were able to rely on Carlos' strong arm whenever the walk got rough. Carlos was the best guide, by far, we had during our 10 days in Spain. And the price was the best I found in my research and well worth it.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

While planning our visit to Barcelona, Carlos of Barcelona Great Tours was very prompt and professional in responding to all of our queries. We took a half day city tour and full day tours to Monserrat and Costa Brava. Our guide Alex was excellent. He was knowledgeable and took great care that we enjoyed our excursions, specially taking us to Pals and Tossa De Mar. We were taken to good local cafes and restaurants during our outings. Alex also made sure we and our belongings were safe. We highly recommend Barcelona Great Tours.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

If you a planning a trip to Spain, you have spent too much money if you go with a company other than Barcelona Great Tours. Frank was our guide and driver and he was extremely knowledgeable about Barcelona. He picked us up at our hotel and drove us, in a Mercedes Benz sedan, to all the tourist sites and when the tour was over, he took us where ever we wanted to go. This was an AWESOME tour!!!

1  Thank tglenn1025
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We arrived in Barcelona after flying all night and wanted to maximize our time while waiting for our hotel room to be ready. My husband, myself and two sons were entirely pleased with the tour. Our driver/tour guide, Carlos, picked us up at the airport on time. He was pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable of the city and spoke very good English. We felt relaxed knowing we were in good hands. Carlos took us to all the major sights in the city. He gave us a narrated background of the sights and told us about some highlights in the city. We got the "lay of the land" and had a better idea what we wanted to see in depth later. At various places we were able to get out anywhere from 5 minutes to 35 minutes and tour while Carlos waited with our luggage in the van. This tour company not only had a very competitive price but they were very responsive on short notice. They were able to accommodate us when other larger companies told me "no". A deposit via pay pal is all that is needed to make a reservation. The rest of the fee is due at the end of the tour. This was truly one of the smartest things we did on our Barcelona trip!

2  Thank 266summertraveler