“Good food & great staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,722 of 9,317 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Central American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food & great staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

My wife & I have been here quite a few times, mainly at first I must confess because they make great Mojitos. But when we eventually got around to trying the food, we found that it's pretty good also. I don't profess to be any sort of expert on Mexican food but everything we have tried has been really tasty & excellent value with huge portions (be careful you don't order too much food accidently). The staff are really friendly (they're great actually) & it's a fun place to spend some time, so I can happily recommend it.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Grumpydude

• Polish first
Riverside, California
“I'm from Southern California and.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

I've been in Barcelona for 3 weeks an have been dying for some good Mexican food! I ran into an American woman walking through Montjuic Cemetery and she told me to come here! LOL. So thank you teacher from Michigan! I ordered the enchiladas. Three enchiladas, Spanish rice and what looked like re-fried black beans. All were excellent! The enchiladas had a little bit different taste than what I am used to, but that was okay. If you are down in this area and want some good Mexican food similar to what we get in the USA, stop here.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lynella J
Middlesbrough
“Lovely food great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Stumbled across this restaurant during the day when exploring and went back for a meal on the night. The nachos with chilli and cheese were lovely and so with the fahitas but the starter was quite big so we shared it and we could have shared the fahitas too as the portions are big!! Would go back.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I've been to La Hacienda few times and I always had great food and outstanding service. The girls at the bar and even the Italian Manager (Antonello) were very nice and offered us a drink after our meal. Lovely atmosphere and great food for the price. Will go again for sure when I'm in Barcelona.
Muchas Gracias.

• Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“OMG -- What a find!!! Went back 3 times!!! (Family with 2 Teen Girls)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Believe it or not, this was our favourite restaurant in Barcelona and we stumbled on it by accident, just exploring La Ribera. The appetizers were fantastic as were the entrees. Even better -- the Margaritas! We found the prices reasonable, the food fresh & tasteful and I can honestly say it's one of the best Mexican Restaurants I've eaten in in Europe, North America & even Mexico. And I loved the interior -- colourful, festive, happy. A great find, and when we return to Barcelona, it'll be the first place we go back to.

• Visited August 2012