“Very bland Tex Mex food, to avoid!”
Review of La Hacienda

La Hacienda
Ranked #1,931 of 9,698 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$15 - US$38
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Barcelona, Spain
“Very bland Tex Mex food, to avoid!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This place is often packed and looks pretty good, so I decided to give it a try. The burrito I ordered was huge and reasonably priced... the only problem is that it didn't have much taste, it was very bland... really bad. I've been to many Mexican and Tex Mex restaurants in Barcelona, and this is by far the worst one.

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top place in top neighbourhood!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

This place is located in the nice neighbourhoud 'el born'. Me and my girlfriend loved this area be cause of the nice small streets and good atmosphere. This bar fitted perfectly in the picture. Friendly quick service and good quality for rather cheap prices! Good atmosphere, loved this placed and its foods/drinks. I had the combo (variation of small dishes) and a san fransisco cocktail (non alcoholic). My girlfriend had the queso frito and tequila sangria. All of it was perfect and presented in a nice attractive way. Top place!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food & great staff.”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My wife & I have been here quite a few times, mainly at first I must confess because they make great Mojitos. But when we eventually got around to trying the food, we found that it's pretty good also. I don't profess to be any sort of expert on Mexican food but everything we have tried has been really tasty & excellent value with huge portions (be careful you don't order too much food accidently). The staff are really friendly (they're great actually) & it's a fun place to spend some time, so I can happily recommend it.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Grumpydude
Riverside, California
“I'm from Southern California and.....”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I've been in Barcelona for 3 weeks an have been dying for some good Mexican food! I ran into an American woman walking through Montjuic Cemetery and she told me to come here! LOL. So thank you teacher from Michigan! I ordered the enchiladas. Three enchiladas, Spanish rice and what looked like re-fried black beans. All were excellent! The enchiladas had a little bit different taste than what I am used to, but that was okay. If you are down in this area and want some good Mexican food similar to what we get in the USA, stop here.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lynella J
Middlesbrough
“Lovely food great atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Stumbled across this restaurant during the day when exploring and went back for a meal on the night. The nachos with chilli and cheese were lovely and so with the fahitas but the starter was quite big so we shared it and we could have shared the fahitas too as the portions are big!! Would go back.

• Visited March 2013