“creativity without more”
Review of Topik

Topik
Reserve with
Topik is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,129 of 10,605 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Mediterranean restaurant with asian touch. Speciality in fish, meat and rice cooked with tipical valencian casserole. Chart of Wine with over 200 wines throughout Catalonia and also from all over the world. Sakes, tuna, oysters.
Reviewed 10 June 2013

of the best dining experiences, very creative dishes (tuna tartare with foie gras, seaweed salad, squid croquettes and excellent rice dishes, among other...) wine list with plenty of choice. good service and best price. very close to Paseo de Gracia

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Delicious tapas, great wine, very attentive staff -- Topik is one of the best restaurants I've been to. Try their ostras fritas, truly exquisite. I'll definitely come back next time I'm in Barcelona.

1  Thank kea_bxl
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I have visited this restaurant for the 3rd time for lunch before writing a review. I have referred it to acquaintances to learn from their experiences. Meeting a constant high standard is difficult with such a small footprint of space. However, Adelf Morales and his team made having lunch her to a feast. The Tataky is a main dish you should at least have tried once. Since he has many fresh ingredients, you might as well leave it to Adelf to make you a suggestion of dishes and accompanying wines. I had surprise lunches during all my 3 visits. I do recognise that the table staff might seem uninterested or rude. However keep in mind, that they only speak the local language. If you have an issue, ask for Adelf, who speaks good English. Altogether you came for a taste of excellent Mediterranean cuisine and that is what you get, including the waiters. Topik is my standard stop for lunch during all my trips to Barcelona by now. Enjoy.

1  Thank Bernard S
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We had our Valentine's Day dinner at Topik this year. They had prepared a set menu for the night at 25 euros, but we decided to take various things from the carta. We had king oysters for starter, which the chef is really good at, sea urchin roe au gratin. I don't eat sea urchin roe when it comes with sushi because of its texture, but this one au gatin was a real delicacy. We also had crab canelones, sepia in its ink, clam in sake sauce. The crown jewel of the dinner was this clam stew. We had tried many places for a clam stew, but this one was by far the best. We finished our main course with hake, by then we were really full. The icing on the cake was dessert. I had green tea ice cream and my husband had coulant au chocolat with hazelnut ice cream. Yummy yummy!! The wine we had was Salanques priorat 2007, an excellent mix of garnacha and samso grapes. Highly recommended for a romantic and sweet dinner.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Though we regularly go to Topik for dinner, it had been a while since we had lunch at Topik. Everything was as excellent as ever. As in previous visits, my wife took tartar de atún for a primero plato (a must for everyone!) . It´s a red tuna tartar on a bed of guacamole with wakame seeweed salad. For the segundo plato, she had cod and cauliflower au gratin, which was the first time she had at Topik. The cod was a real good match with the cream sauce. I had Turkish-style spinach and fish dish, and it was so good that my wife had almost a third of it. I also had meatballs with sepia (squid), and the sauce was amazing. I think It´s based on caldo de pescado, it was extremely good. We both had pannacotta for dessert. A three course menu del día costs 12 euros, that includes drinks (beer, water, or a (generous) glass of red/white wine). We paid a little extra for tartar de atún, but it´s more than worth the price, and I don´t think there is any better place for lunch with this price in Barcelona at this level of high quality. Strongly recommended. They said they would do a food/wine pairing dinner of tuna and garnacha red wine at the end of this month, I´m really looking forward to it.