“Good food but inconsistent service”
Review of 9 Reinas

9 Reinas
Reserve with
9 Reinas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 10,483 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$45 - US$51
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: El restaurante argentino 9Reinas se encuentra situado en el corazón de Barcelona, en el barrio del Eixample. 9Reinas permite descubrir a sus clientes la gastronomía argentina con una extensa y variada carta de platos y vinos representando los valores del restaurante que son la máxima calidad de producto y el mejor servicio y atención para sus comensales. Especializado en carnes de todo el mundo como Irlanda filet ?Gold?, Nebraska ?Cube roll?, Buey de Wagyuk Japonés ó Argentina Angus, las mejores pastas amasadas a mano como los sorrentinos, ravioles, ñoquis, canelones (salsas a su elección) y, sin olvidar las ensaladas, las exquisitas empanadas al horno ó fritas, los entrantes como el chorizo criollo ó los marinos como el bacalao al all i oli ó a la llauna, los langostinos flambeados ó el rape a la provenzal. Para completar la comida en este exquisito asador, 9Reinas ofrece una completa carta postres destacando entre ellos el tiramisú casero, tarta Balcarce, panqueque de dulce de leche ó la copa Don Pedro para satisfacer los paladares más exigentes en un ambiente cálido, relajado y cómodo. Un trozo de Argentina en Barcelona.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Had dinner at 9Reinas on 3/30. They appeared to be short staffed and the service was very inconsistent. Our server was pleasant enough but appeared to be barely keeping up and there was a long period where we were left waiting to order. The food was decent enough but I would stick to meat and avoid the fish. The steak was the superior, but the sweetbreads and empanadas were average, and the fish was below average. Dessert was a nice tiramasu on the house. Overall though a pleasant meal and friendly staff, so worth a try.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I dont know if they were just having a bad night or what the problem was but this restaurant was very disappointing.
Our starters were good and the bread was nice but when the meat came we were shocked.
We ordered fillet stakes medium and what we got was more like fillet tail well done. We complained and even showed them a picture of a fillet, just in case there was a language barrier but no they kept on insisting it was a fillet. They finally agreed to get us new steaks, this time we got a proper fillet but it wasnt done properly and frankly just wasnt tasty.
We were seated at the end of a corridor and could only see the wall, make sure you dont get this table as there better tables to be had.
This place is rather on the expensive side and really not worth it.
The only reason I gave it 3 stars and not 1 is because the starters were nice.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I went to diner on a night when it was raining heavily, both my friend and me were wet through. The host very kindly allowed us some time to clean up and get comfortable. He was very intuitive about what we would like to eat and drink and was very attentive all through out the evening. The diner was excellent, the wine almost better. I ever I go back to Barcelona I will make sure to visit here again!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I spent three days touring our US based daughter and my sister thru greater Barcelona. Had many OK and some fine meals demonstrating the predominant cooking styles of the area - especially Tapas, and Catalonia cuisine. Having decided that we were on sensory overload, we chose to enjoy our last meal in Barcelona at this restaurant. Glad we chose this for last. This restaurant is a culinary delight. Steaks are outstanding(grilled exactly to your specifications), salads are chock full of fresh greens, etc., asparagus seasoned perfectly and cooked al-dente. Bottle of red wine of "Reserva 2011" quality is very modestly priced. Shared desserts were hit, especially with the ladies.
Service was attentive but not in your face. Conversation flowed freely while servers did their jobs unobtrusively. This is definitely a must return to restaurant - which we will when New York friends visit us in May. Oh, did I mention that dinner for four (including drinks, wine, dessert) was $170 euros. You won't find better quality restaurants in Barcelona at this price point.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The 9R is a self defiened "argentinian restaurant" serving an impresive variety of prime cuts of meat.
It's a turn away from the nice Paseig de Gracia and was a very satisfying ending to the day at the Gracia neighbourhood.
We had a good feeling about the place from the moment we got inside. The decore is clean and elegant, and the ambiance is very warn and welcoming. This was also supported by the great service we recieved from the (partly) fluent english talking crew.
The food was fantastic! Everything from starters to deserts went from good to amazing.
Don't miss the ampanadaus, the "sweetbread" (a meat delicacy) for starters and the tiramisu (served as a cake) for desert.
Amd get wild on the steaks! Most of us had tenderloin which was one of the best I've tasted.