“Figueres and Girona day trip”
Review of Julia Travel

US$68.54*
Montserrat Monastery Tour from Barcelona Including Cogwheel Train Ride
Ranked #187 of 591 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Julia Travel is a Spanish company with more than 80 years of experience dedicated to incoming tourism in Spain and deals both with the tourism industry and directly with tourists. We offer half/one day tours in Barcelona and surroundings on our confortable buses and always with a bilingual guide who provides all information and more to fully enjoy the trip!
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Day trip out of Barcelona using two guides. The Girona guide was well informed and pleasant but hampered by a full tour group requiring several languages. Ample free time provided for lunch and wandering. Little direction provided at the Dali museum but plenty of time to see the exhibits.The bus is a snug fit for anyone with height. The cost made this a reasonable day tour but nothing made it an outstanding tour.

JTcustomerService, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Julia Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback following your experience with us.

All our guides are official tourist guides and they are specialist in these destinations. All our tours are done, at least, in English and Spanish.

Our company is part of a GRUPO JULIA, with more than 300 vehicles of all sizes, with an average age of less than 4 years, equipped with the latest safety features. Our buses are 50 – 52 seats vehicles.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope that we will be able to welcome you again soon for and hopefully improved and more enjoyable experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Really enjoyed this tour. Have done Skip the Line tours elsewhere, and think they are the way to go if you have limited time, and don't want to queue up. We waited for about ten minutes outside the Julia office before being split into two groups of about 15 each group. Ana our guide then walked us over the park to the rear entrance to the Sagrada, we waited another five minutes to get each audio device fitted and working, and then began the tour with an interesting and informative background on Gaudi as well as detailed info on the intricate symbolism of this amazing building. We then entered the cathedral, which is truly spectacular. Our guide walked us through the different areas inside, detailing the structure, the materials used and why, and gave us a real insight into this cathedral, which isn't due to be finished until 2025-2030!
The tour includes the museum area under the main building, and features a collection of models, and photographs that chart the history of the Sagrada.
We found Ana to be informed and passionate about Spanish history, and in particular Gaudi and his vision. Happy to recommend.

JTcustomerService, Guest Relations Manager at Julia Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was very surprised to read some poor reviews for Julia Travel's Sagrada Familia tour as I thought it was fabulous. I booked online via the Barcelona tourist guide website and went for the queue buster and guided tour of the Sagrada Familia. Our guide, Carlos, was really good and I have to say I wouldn't have noticed half of the things he pointed out whilst on the tour. I also thought it was well worth it to beat the queue, which was approximately two hours long on the day I visited. Some people in the group did moan about having to wait for the tour to start, but we waited 10 minutes at the most and that was due to late arrival of other guests rather than the tour guides themselves. Highly recommended.

JTcustomerService, Guest Relations Manager at Julia Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you for taking time to send a review to Tripadvisor regarding your experience with Julia Travel.

I am happy to read that we succeeded in meeting or exceeding your expectations and to know that you have given us an opportunity to demonstrate our commitment.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I took the city tour on Julia Travels bus on 1st July in Barcelona. During the trip, the driver suddenly braked leading to injury on my knee, which is still to get ok. The driver claims that a car came in front of the bus, hence he had to brake so suddenly. As it was clearly Julia Travels fault, they should have taken care of me, but I had to get my treatment done (X-rays etc) alone at the hospital. Still my treatment continues (knee still not OK ), but there has been no apologies from Julia or footing of the medical bills. Overall, Disappointing attitude. My ill-luck to have taken Julia. Regards..Shishir

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I thought the tour (Julia's Travel) was well worth the time spent traveling to and from site. Each way is about 1 hr, but it seems shorter. This entire area is an amazing site. You can get up close with the "Black Madonnas" and take tour of amzing art in the museum. Many famous pieces are available for viewing, including several Picasso paintings.