“Best way to see Barcelona!”

Running Tours Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: City Running or also known as Sightrunning is a guided sightseeing tour while running. Your running guide will take you jogging through the streets of Barcelona allowing you to experience up close the cultural, historical and architectural highlights of the City. Sightjogging is the ideal way to combine an unforgettable sightseeing experience with your regular fitness training. Customer comment about Sightrunning:"City Running is more like a friend is showing his hometown to you. You don't feel like a tourist and you are much closer to the people on the streets!" You don't have to be a marathoner! Your pace is our pace and we are not in a hurry! Our running tours is for everybody with the affinity for running. Fitness, Culture, Health and History all in one. We show you the most popular sights and of course the secret spots of Barcelona. Hear stories about the over 2000 years old city and find out how the history affected todays life in Barcelona. Choose one of our standard tours or tell us your wishes and let us customize your tour to your needs. Discover Barcelona with your running shoes! The new creative and sporty way of sightseeing. We hope to welcome you soon in Barcelona.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My two friends and I did this tour on our 2nd day in the city, and for all of us, it was the highlight of our two week trip across 6 countries! We did the Old Town 10k tour, which ended up being about 7.1 miles (probably a result of where our apartment was located) and 2.5 hours of a personalized, professional tour of Barcelona...just the 3 of us and Robin...what a treat! Robin was a great guide, showed us fantastic spots that we never would've found ourselves, and gave us great recommendations for the remaining two days of our trip. He even sent us an email a few hours after the tour with the exact route that we traveled and some more recommendations of places to eat...this kind of feedback and follow up is not something that I expected, but he went above and beyond! He carried water for us as well, which we needed as it got hot in the morning, and slowed his pace for my friend who hadn't been running a lot. We got great pictures and information from this trip, and the workout was an added bonus! My recommendation is that you do this tour early enough in your stay that you can go back to places that interest you and you can take advantage of Robin's recommendations. Thank you, Robin, for a great tour in Barcelona and being the highlight of our trip!!

1  Thank kcbenz34
"gopro"
in 6 reviews
"13km"

Reviewed 23 June 2014

A morning running tour (especially on the weekends/holiday) is a unique and great way to see Barcelona. Given that most of the citizens sleep in late you mostly have the city to yourselves and the street cleaners. Our guide, Robin, was very knowledgeable about the history, buildings, culture, and insights into life within the city.

One of us had a sore back from a long flight and Robin adjusted his pace (which I am sure was glacially slow to him). Would strongly recommend. Barcelona is a big running city and you can see a lot on foot plus get some calorie burn for all the delicious food.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The running tour of Barcelona was absolutely fantastic. A friend and I signed up on June 20 for the 8KM run through Montjuic hill with Robin. He was extremely knowledgeable about the city and was flexible in speeding up / slowing down per our needs. Here's a high level overview:

- He comes with a bag packed with supplies and water
- He has a GoPro camera that he uses to take pictures of your group as you run; its a great move on his part and the pictures he took were great
- He runs a specific route and will send you the route after the run
- He is very enthusiastic about running and will point out all the spots in Montjuic hill where there are few visitors but where the amenities are really good (i.e. a public swimming pool near the Olympic stadium)

Very strong recommend!

1  Thank pmenon3
Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a great idea! I'm not a hard core runner (3-4 miles 3-4 days/week) and found the 10K running tour a great way to see the city! Robin was a superb and knowledgeable guide, pointing out many interesting parts of the city I would have never seen on my own. He was very responsive to e-mail even though I booked with just a few days notice. I'll be looking for similar tours wherever I travel from now on!