“Very tasty”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Excellent food and a rille nice atmosphere. Those used to customer service in the US may find the service a bit snotty. But the food is really good,especially the lamb :)

Reviewed 1 January 2013

My wife and I went here for Christmas dinner in 2012. The staff were fantastic and the vibe very relaxed. We both had lobster but mine was the lobster casserole. I hadn't had a lobster casserole in a long time so I forgot what it entailed. The lobster was great and it was in a pot of the lobster's own juices and potatoes and seasoning. It was certainly good but if I had to do it again I'd probably opt for the traditional lobster with melted butter. The appetizers and starters were also very good. The Iberian jambon is worth it. They really took very good care of us and the rest of the people around us, as we could tell....after all, it was Christmas night. The manager even threw in a courtesy glass of red wine as I believe I was the only one buying the lobster casserole and diving in to cracking the claws and eating every bit of meat the lobster had.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I'll keep it short. The staff was nice, the starters were OK, but we didn't like the mains (lamb and sticky veal).

The restaurant came recommended by our hotel, but you can surely find better in the area.

1  Thank ringingup
Reviewed 16 November 2012

At 10.50 E+tax for the daily plate this is a great value. The soup was excellent but the fish was cold (rare) inside. I was too hungry to send it back for more cooking and decided to think of it as sushi...Still, the outer part was tasty and one can see that the fish was fresh and of good quality. I wouldn't hasitate giving Auca a second chance.

RRPPgfe, R.R.P.P. at L'Auca Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thanks a lot to gave us your opinion about our restaurant, and sorry fi t'he fins was not really cooked, sotmeti mes we want to be so fast that don't make it well.
But as you say, This isn't normal and we're pleased you give us another chance, and yes our food is really fresh and good cuality.
Ni your next visit you'll see we are professional and enjoy much more.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We went here on a Saturday night because the restaurant we wanted to go to was fully booked. By contrast l'Auca was empty at 8.30 when we arrived and we were the only people there the whole time we were there. As we left, two other couples came in. Such a pity as the restaurant really deserves to be full.

The promotional leaflet says it's "a new concept in traditional Catalan cuisine", and it is very different from the usual Spanish restaurant. For starter, we shared a ravioli, which was delicious. For main course, I had salted cod and my husband had monkfish, both excellent and not like anything we have had before. We shared a dessert.

For that, plus 2 glasses of white wine, a small bottle of mineral water plus the cover charge, we paid 62.02 euros (including service charge of 10%). So it's quite expensive, and some may say not worth the money, but I have paid more for worse and this restaurant does give something different. So I would recommend it and I would go back.