“bad service”
Review of Casa Diagonal

Casa Diagonal
Ranked #227 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have searched for 4 hours in barcelona to find the hotel. The has an old officeadress on his website. And when we finally found the right adress we were standing before a closed door. We also did not have a telephonenumber. We almost had to kick in the frontdoor to alert another guest. Luckely he had a telephonenumber of the owner. He told us to pick up the key in a supermarked in the same street. We lost more than half a day off our three days staying in barcelona, solving all problems.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Casa Diagonal

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was with a group of 5 people and we arrived at this hostel later at night. We were told when we got there that the hostel had overbooked, and that we had to leave. They said that they would help us find another place to stay for the inconvenience. In the morning, the owner or manager of the hostel was no where to be found, and the only person there was a housekeeper who spoke poor english. Over an hour after trying to find another hostel (on short notice) by ourselves, the hostel owner came in and refused to give us our deposit back. We were willing to pay for a one night stay, but in reality we shouldn't have been charged anything for staying in the hostel because they clearly don't know how to schedule correctly. The owner was rude and was raising his voice at us, and we ended up being forced out with no where to stay and $200 poorer. Ridiculous experience and I would not recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ucauffiel
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We were told that we would have the place to ourselves (hen party) to then find out that 2 strangers would be staying with us on one of the nights- it was too close to arrival date to cancel booking. Oh and it wasn't 2 strangers it was 3 people and for 2 nights not 1!!!
Also breakfast was simply bread and jams not hams and cheeses as described.
Shame as was a lovely place and well maintained

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ashleenewton
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed at Casa Diagonal and was extremely disappointed to pay a lot of money for an extremely dark room with bunk beds and a tiny window. They described it as "private", I would discribe it as a joke.
The pictures do not match the description as there is no sofa on the living room, the kitchen was dirty and I couldn't access the communal computer as there was somebody "working". The wi fi wasn't strong enough to reach my "room" and it was extremely hot.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ana S
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed here three weeks ago and found its location to be awesome, the rooms really nice, free breakfast was pretty good as far as those things go, and everything was very clean. Oh yeah and had a computer you could use. Overall great place to stay and would stay there again and recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed at Casa Diagonal for three nights and it was even better than I had expected!
I got one of the two rooms with a private balcony. The guest-house feels more like a shared apartment with a good kitchen and a very nice terrass.
Even though my room was facing the street Avenida Diagonal, the room was quiet. You will find a fan in every room.

The bathrooms are really clean and spacious. But the best part of this guest-house is the roof terass. It is lovely to sit outside with a glas of wine after a busy day of sightseeing.

I will recommend both family and friends to stay here! Good value for your money!

Don´t forget to contact them before your arrival, there is no reception at the guest-house.

Room Tip: Ask for room 1 or 2 (even though its both triple-rooms), they have balconies and are very spacious!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I have been to Barcelona before and this place was pretty comparable to the two other places I've stayed as far as ratings go. First of all this place is just a room. Breakfast is NOT included and cannot call itself a B & B. . . and the photos you see are of JUST the rooms you get if you are lucky- meaning rooms with windows to the street or the back patio. . .so ask for one of those when you reserve. Unfortunately, our first impressions left a really bad taste in our mouths. When we arrived in Barcelona from a very long flight, replete with delays from the sates, there were wires and dust everywhere. I thought we were in the wrong place but it was just that they were working on the electricity, which is fine, but that meant there was no light so we couldn't see our room since there was no natural light and that we couldn't taked showers. Also, I called the Casa (as per request) from the airport and when we got there there was no one there to check us in/show us our room/ give us our keys. I guess it was a good thing they were fixing the electricity or else we would have been locked out.
Wifi is sketchy at best unless you are in the main sitting room.
The location is walking distance to Sagrada and very close to the Pas. de Gracia metro line that takes you to the airport so you can save a few Euro rather than taking the airbus.
It is also close to many restaurants and is central enough to be close to everything and far enough away so that you are not in the middle of a tourist's nightmare.
I suppose if I had a long stay the kitchen would have come in handy and the people I did talk to that worked there were very nice -- but if I visit Barcelona for a third time I would most likely not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the windows to the street or the back patio so you have some natural light.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple