NH Belagua
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
US$346
US$370
US$354
Hotels.com
  • Pool
NH Barcelona Barri Gotic(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$394
US$355
US$512
  • Restaurant
Capri by Fraser Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$223
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ciutat de Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$266
HotelsClick
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

NH Belagua is a great hotel. The front desk has been completely helpful. We didn't eat here because we wanted to go out and eat food in La Gracia, which is a very short walk away.

I really have nothing to complain about - clean, neat and proper gets 5 stars from me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here for a long weekend with my husband in June 2014 and although I agree with other reviews that the walls are quite thin and there is a lot of banging doors, it did not dampen my opinion of this hotel.
The breakfast was very comprehensive, fresh and constantly being replenish. The staff in reception were very attentive and helpful. The hotel in general was very clean and well maintained. It is in a very good location with good transport links.

My one negative is that our room had twin beds that were on casters, every time you moved, even while sleeping the bed moved. Also the mattress was very springy ans not very comfortable.

Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fudgeyk1ns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It's very rare that I have an experience that would cause me to leave more of a negative review than positive, but my time at NH Belagua was filled with incidents and confusion. First of all, our room was prepaid. But when we arrived to check in, one of the receptionists was trying to charge me again. I pulled out my confirmation e-mail and tried to explain that everything was pre-paid except for the city tax. He was still not understanding and sarcastically said, "No. I'm right, I do these check ins all of the time." Well, once I pulled up my card statement and showed him that NH Hotels had already deducted the amount, he then changed his tune. He ultimately gave us the keys and we were on our way. It all worked out, but as a paying guest, I didn't appreciate such a hassle at check-in and the rude temperament of the receptionist.

At check out, there was a charge that I was trying to resolve. At no point was I avoiding paying the fee or demanding that it be removed from my bill, but I wanted it to be clear that there was a miscommunication between me and one of the receptionists which may have led to this charge. I don't know if it's just a cultural thing, but I did not appreciate the response from the receptionists. These men raised their voices at me, were being condescending, and one of them even laughed at me. I don't think they knew that I could understand Spanish and Catalan, but I can and they said a few coarse things which I didn't appreciate. The manager was able to reduce that charge, which I do appreciate. After everything was settled, I left knowing that I would never return.

There were a few pros:
*Hotel room was fairly clean.
*Close to many sites
*One of the receptionists provided a free map and quick overview of metro system.

Cons:
*Room was very small
*On several occasions, we returned to our room on the top floor and the entire floor had a horrid smell of sewage.
*Pesky bugs in room.
*Even on the top floor, it was noisy
*Rude check-in receptionist
*Rude check-out receptionist

I'm not going to hold my experience with two of the receptionists against the entire NH hotel chain, but it did damper my experience. For this reason, I will not stay at Belagua again. There are plenty of other places in Barcelona (including other NH hotels) within the same price range/ distance from center, and of better quality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MissAlycat
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Paper thin walls. Get ready to feel like your neighbors are in the room with you. All night long doors are slamming, toilets are flushing, drunk kids are shouting in the streets. The room was depressingly small. I've never before had the experience of trying to check out of a room before the night was over, just because I was so miserable, but that's what happened here. I paid in advance online for four nights. Terrible mistake.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank keith n
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were there for treatment, we stayed 4 nights only. The room was neat, spacious and well ventilated. Our room was located in a quiete side of the building on the 5th floor. The receptionist (Marco) was helpful and attentive to our requests. In the hotel restaurant every morning buffet was an appetizing choice. Our waiter, the friendly Adison, was very enthusiastic suggesting places where to eat in Barcelona. The service from the staff overall was pleasant, and we left satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple