“Nothing was as good as this”

NH Barcelona Stadium
Ranked #215 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Been to many hotels before this one, but it exceeded all our expectations. We knew it was a 4 star hotel, but I would rather give it 5! Our room had a nice big balcony, big and high bed (although a bit hard), really nice bathroom with a good big shower and everything else you would expect from a hotel room in a nice movie. Just no comments.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great front office staff - helpful and knowledgable. Good assistance with advising how to book and buy tickets for local tourist attractions, especially where language was a barrier. Breakfast fantastic and a highlight for the day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Once again, typical European style hotel. Amenities were far better than what we had got at the Grand Hotel Central, in my opinion. It is really close to Camp Nou stadium which was the only reason we had chosen to stay here. If you are looking to see the real old-style Barcelona city, then this hotel won't be your best choice as it is right in the modern city.

Plus:
Very neat reception and friendly staff

Minus:
The internet access times out so quickly, you will have to get many internet stubs from the reception.
The housekeeper badges into your room almost immediately she says "holla" without waiting for an answer. You better make sure you have the "Do Not Disturb" tag outside or double lock your door while you are in the room.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lolade S
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked this hotel as a surprise birthday present for my other half as it was recommended on the Easyjet Holidays website and I must say I was more than impressed.

Despite being out of the centre of town, the hotel is in a great location. I could see Camp Nou from my window, about 100m away. This was ideal as I wanted to go there to do the tour. In addition to that, it was also on Line 3 of the metro which was perfect for getting into town. We didn't have to use any other line at all and it was really cheap.

The room was really nice, air conditioned, immaculate and well decorated. There was also a safe in the wardrobe and a minibar. I'd avoid the minibar though, almost 4 euros for a chocolate bar!

The only downside was the fact that the terrace bar wasn't open and neither was the swimming pool; I appreciate this was not in summertime but at no point was I advised either of these were closed. I'd say this is the only thing that stopped me giving the hotel a 5* rating.

Overall I would highly recommend NH Rallye in Barcelona. Good location, very clean and good looking hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We've recently come back from a trip to Barcelona and we stayed at the NH RALLYE. Location wise, opposite the Nou Camp Stadium, it was perfect as we had gone for the football, but everything else was a huge let down. The room that we stayed in was ok, until we opened the bathroom door ..... The smell from the drain in the shower was horrendous!!! So much so, that I actually checked the bathroom had been cleaned!
I was also very surprised to discover that there were no tea/coffee making facillities in the room. The staff are extremely rude and everything is just such a huge effort for them. We asked the reception staff if they would call us a taxi on Saturday evening to take us to Las Ramblas, only to have a board poked under our nose saying "Don't ask us to ring for taxis"!!!! After much huffing and puffing from the receptionist, he reluctantly gave us a map and left us to find our own way to the centre.
The breakfast is a joke!!!! €17 per person, per night for some toast and dried up fruit ..... NOBODY mentioned that we could have ordered eggs etc, until the last day we were there. I just felt ripped off by that. The restaurant staff were all just as obnoxious and rude too. On the last morning we went into breakfast at 8.30am (times are 7am-11am) and when I asked for some orange juice, the waitress just snapped "is finished" and walked off, I really wanted to shout after her that she'd forgotten something and give her the finger ...... But I didn't lol.
On the whole, it was very over priced and I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay there. Next time, I will stay somewhere that actually WANTS my custom and won't leave me feeling ripped off and pee'd off!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tbsxy
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We booked at NH Rallye with some misgivings, but ended up very happy with our decision. Our hesitation was primarily based on possible noise from fans from the nearby Barcelona football stadium and the hotel's apparent distance from City destinations we wanted to check out. No problems at all. Our room was spacious, clean, in excellent condition, and (even though there was a game one night and the place was full) quiet. The staff are helpful and welcoming with fluency in English. Housekeeping service was prompt and thorough. A 4 block walk gets you to the Metro system, which takes you anywhere in the City you'd want to go. Value is outstanding. We’d stay again in a heartbeat.
Our only negative was the price at the hotel for breakfast and dinner. However, this was easy to overcome. The neighborhood has cafes and restaurants we found to be good to excellent and reasonably priced. Markets are within 2-3 blocks if you want to pick up some fruit or whatever to have in your room. The neighborhood is largely retail and apartment-residential.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John G
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the NH Rallye recently for business having previously stayed in an NH hotel while I was on holidays in Barcelona a couple of year ago. The hotel didn't disappoint in terms of amenities. Getting there was rather straight forward --> train from airport to Barcelona Sants and from Sants L3 (green line) metro to Les Corts. From there it was a 5 min walk down the road.

Asked for a room away from main road (kind of a habit now wherever I travel) - room was on 7th floor, very spacious and bathroom very spacious and modern. The room had a mini balcony although site is nothing to write home about as you would expect if you take an inside room. It was facing some apartments where you could see the residents of Barcelona getting on with life. Kind of nice to see overall anyway. The TV could use a few more channels though in English and other languages (well if you can switch it on as the remote tends to play up at times).

Internet was okay - slow as you would expect with free service. There is an option to pay a little extra for fast connection. You have to reset it every 24hrs using vouchers from the reception - free (one voucher per device - I had 3 so you can imagine the night mare!).

The food in the dinning room for breakfast was excellent. While I stuck to cereal and soya milk (the first hotel I have seen that actually has soya milk) and fruits, I saw quite an appetizing variety and was tempted at times to break my morning breakfast routine and eat meats and rolls etc for breakfast. Thankfully my good side prevailed.

Overall liked the hotel, hope you do too.

Did I mention it is only a stone's throw away from Barcelona Football Clup's Camp Nou?! :-)

Room Tip: I am not sure if the spacious rooms are the preserve of the top most floors (I hope not) but it help...