I booked through a european web site and paid in advance. I went til Barcelona for two warm days with husband and two sons for a short stay before cruise in the Med.
Barcelona is certainly one of our favorite cities, and after we tried the Citadines in Paris we would like to try it in Spain as well. I booked one large apartement with a bedroom, and we actually got two adjoined double bed bedrooms, each with a double bed, no sofa or living room here, but two bathrooms and ttwo small kitchenette. Comfortable beds here, not as hard as the ones at the Citadines we stayed at in Paris. But the problem here, no sitting area for the family gatherings. well, not much need for that either, we stayed in between beach and dinner hours. What really would have been useful, was a safe in order to work. Because of the two bedrooms we had two safes, and neither of them ever worked. My husband stayed in several times in order to wait for the maintenance guy, wait for him to finish etc. At the wall by the safe there is a note saying that there is a safe in the reception as well. Before beach the first day we took all our valuables and went down there, and there was a lot of misunderstandings and the lady attending the reception really did'nt understand much. We ended up putting most things in locked suitcases and bringing the rest to the beach.
This time Citadines did well in giving us rooms on a quiet side of the building, far from city noise, on the 8th floor. No smoking rooms we got too, but not no-smoking curtains! There were several holes in them, burned from guests leaning out of the window smoking?
The roof terasse was long time closed when we were there, some working going on. Too bad, check before booking if outdoor space with nice view is important to you.
I booked with the Yeego website, in order to get a good price with breakfast included. The breakfast is very nice, coffee great and the breakfast room have a wonderful Rambla view.
The eggs were raw, and when we found out we could put them in the automatic eggboiler ourselves, the mashine made so much noise we had to turn it off again because of complants from other guest.
Som new curtains, new eggboiling routines, new safes and a little more helpful and attendig reception staff, this place will shine and be worth all the euros!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the city, this property is ideal to enjoy one of the best areas for shopping and leisure and to access easily any point in and around Barcelona.Citadines offers apartments (1-4 pax) or studios (1-2 pax) in a comfortable and functional environment, equipped with sofa beds or traditional bedding, full kitchen and its appliances, bathroom, TV and free Wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Citadines Ramblas Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Barcelona Ramblas Hotel Barcelona
- Citadines Hotel Barcelona
- Aparthotel Citadines Ramblas
- Citadines Ramblas Barcelona Catalonia