NH is a brand that I normally trust to offer up decent business class accommodation and service, and the HN Numancia shaped up really well. It was initially recommended by a friend who stayed there a few weeks previously.
It’s off the beaten tourist track and away from the chaos of Las Ramblas, Plaça de Catalunya Barceloneta and the like, but near the CBD, so it’s a bit cheaper and there is still plenty of buzz around. It’s also close to Sants railway station and a couple of metros – although I didn’t investigate the public transport proximity on this occasion.
I booked a ‘Junior Suite’ which was room 803 on the top floor – the price was around 200 Euros a night.
The room was like a large double rather than what I would call a ‘suite’ but it did have two chairs in it … so maybe that made the criteria!!
It had a large rooftop deck outside with sun loungers, a table and some cacti and was really pleasant. Wall to ceiling windows / door into the room, and the fact that it was at the top floor also enhanced the natural light which came flooding in – all good.
The décor was modern, slick and in good condition, neutral colours with a couple of strong contrasting colour combinations and very pleasing to the eye.
The lighting was also good – both in quality, positioning … and the aesthetics of the fixtures themselves.
The desking was a reasonable size and the WIFI was free and pretty good most of the time, with the occasional blip! The room had a well-stocked minibar, bathrobe & slippers, and all the bits you need, hooks in all the right places and enough storage space, etc.
The bathroom was also very light large with two basins and a full bath which was also doubled as a shower, plus a good selection of nice toiletries.
Being in a working and a residential neighbourhood, there is a supermarket right opposite together with some other functional shops, and some unpretentious but good cafes and bars up and down the street just a short walk away.
The staff were all really friendly and helpful.
I didn’t really get a chance to check out the public facilities, the breakfast room / restaurant didn’t seem to have any windows in to … so that put me off a bit – and I didn’t make it for breakfast even though it was included in the price.
I was working at the Fira de Barcelona 2 congress hall during the 2014 Sonor Festival, and my colleague picked me up each day so we drove there – quick by car, but not a trek I would like to do on public transport with 30 Kgs of camera kit!
The taxi to / from the airport was 25 – 30 Euros.
I will definitely stay there again in the next time I am in Barcelona – I visit there quite frequently, and it’s great to discover a reasonably priced, convenient option away from the hubbub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Numancia hotel in Barcelona is a chic and modern hotel ideally located in the financial heart of the city, close to the trade fair, the city center, and Barcelona's Sants Estació. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, NHHotels, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your NH Sants Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Numancia Barcelona
- Nh Numancia Hotel Barcelona
- NH Sants Barcelona Catalonia