“Overpriced Undervalued”
Review of Hotel Pedralbes

Hotel Pedralbes
Ranked #489 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel was closest to a seminar we were attending in October so we booked it for convenience. What a mistake. The hotel was old and run down and that that was the good part. The rooms were tiny with single beds pushed together. Every time I tried to roll close to my wife I would slip between the mattresses forcing the beds apart and land on the floor. I asked for a room with a double bed, which they had, but there wasn't enough room to walk around the bed to get in the other side, so we stayed were we were as it was the lesser of two evils. The bathroom was tiny, the staff indifferent, and worst of all the price was what you'd expect to pay on Las Ramblas for a four star hotel. There was no bar, restaurant or pool.

If you need to be in that area of Barcelona it's far better and much more worth the effort to stay closer to the main area of town and catch the metro.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Carrollchiro

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Please do not ever think going to such hotel, every thing was horrible. i have got the room keys and up to my room, firstly i found the air-condition is not working at all, i have returned to the reception and inform them. he is surprised by this information and asked me to have another room key. when i goes up i found the air-condition is very week, you always feel hot while staying there. for the new room i have found the minibar not working, i feel depressed and asked the reception for it, he informed that he will change or fix it. but after i returned from my tour i found it the same so i didn't ask for it again. rooms were very small, room is dirty and have a lot of dust. breakfast have the same items everyday and also it was not good. the first day i cam back from my tour to find that the room didn't come to a room service and not cleaned at all.
the room is far away from the Diagonal street and the metro and bus stations, you have to walk around 800 m to reach a live points.
internet service is very very slow, you better not to use it at all.
actually i arrived late and didn't find any rooms in the nearby hotels so i have forced to stay, and if i have found any available rooms i won't think to stay
i have stayed in room 202, all these photos are from this room if any one would like to check.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank GTantawy
Jorge C, Gerente at Hotel Pedralbes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking few minutes of your valuable time to send us your complaint and constructive feedback to improve our services and facilities.

We deeply regret that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, ensuring that we are improving every day to get facilities as positive an experience as possible for our customers. Inform you that we have taken your feedback to our staff, to take the necessary action.

We hope we can have another chance to meet your expectations.

The manager

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I have been put up here for business. Management either never enters the rooms or does not care about their condition.

Pros:
The breakfast is pretty good
Room quiet, no street noise
Plenty of hot water
Minibar prices reasonable
Wifi free

Cons:
Hair in tub when we arrived
Tub stained and gross
Safety rail coming out of bathroom wall
Fridge contains water, one Pepsi, one beer and no bottle opener
Check-in was interminable
Wifi slow and spotty (.5 Mbps download, .06 upload)

• Stayed: September 2013
Jorge C, Gerente at Hotel Pedralbes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Mrs. Susan ,

We hope we can have another chance to meet your expectations.

The manager

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had to stay at Husa Pedralbes after the Husa chain management moved me without notice from Husa Arenas. I found out by myself the day before! Of course, I wanted to make sure I'm getting a room in the same price range. The management confirmed the same price we had originally agreed on. What a surprise as on check out I received a totally different number on the bill, 40% more than they told me in the email! Far too expensive for what you get! Be aware and make sure to double check the room rate!
The hotel is mediocre as best. I chose this place because I had a training in the area, otherwise you better stay somewhere nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ojodelmar

Dear Mrs. Customer,

First of all, please forgive the inconvenience you had in our hotel.

Let me explain your booking at Arenas Hotel.

You had a Non Rembolsable booking and this kind of reserve is charge 100% when you make it.

The crédit card that you gave us, did not work. We tried to contact you by email, without success.

We offered you Pedralbes Hotel and you finally accepted.

You reserved for 4 nights, and at the end you have stayed 5. The difference is the fifth night you have stayed

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Wasn't really hoping much out of this hotel after reading the reviews, but was greatly surprised. Everything was clean, room was comfortable and the location, although a tad away from the city center (having a metro station nearby that's little to no problem) was surprisingly nice.
I would recommend it specially to business trravelers, but it's a great value for the buck for everyone (we all know how expensive Barcelona can be).
A special praise for the hotel stuff, who were amazingly friendly and helpful (helped me move around the city and solved a big issue I couldn't have solved by myself).

Will come again for sure next time I'm over there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Jorge C, Gerente at Hotel Pedralbes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Mr. Nils,

We greatly appreciate your comments.Thank you for posting this positive review and we are delighted that your expectations were fulfilled with us. It is always nice to hear that our guests found our service good.

In the meantime, I’m taking this opportunity to remain at your entire disposal.

We hope to see you again at Husa Pedralbes Hotel in a near future.

Yours sincerely,

The management

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed in this hotel in July 2012 and found the accommodation and service excellent. The area is upper class but historic. It is well situated within walking distance of a metro station which is on a main throughfare.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Jorge C, Gerente at Hotel Pedralbes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Distinguished guest,

We would like to sincerely thank you for your kindness in having written your comments on your stay in July at Husa Pedralbes***.

Thank you for posting this positive review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear that our guests found our service good. We highly appreciate your impressions on our hotel, since our guests’ opinion certainly helps us to maintain and improve our services and facilities.

In the meantime, I’m taking this opportunity to remain at your entire disposal.

We hope to see you again at Husa Pedralbes Hotel in a near future.

Yours sincerely,
The management

Reviewed 18 June 2012

The bedroom was fairly clean. The bathroom was barely clean. I think the bedroom part has been updated, but the bathroom needs major re-grouting and re-caulking.

The breakfast is adequate. It's food, but not much variety nor taste. Most mornings the yogurt was plain or coconut. The breakfast room staff were not happy campers -- not a way I liked to be greeted in the morning.

The front desk staff are friendly. That's the best thing about this hotel.

The worst thing was that there isn't a safe in the room. I had a luggage lock on one of my bags with valuables in it. It's a 3 number combination lock. I set the lock on a particular number when leaving the room and I noticed that it was changed to a different number when I returned. Pretty obvious that the cleaning person tried to open the lock.

I will never stay here again and do not recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business