“Beautiful Hotel but be careful that somebody is there to let you in”
Review of Tripledos

Tripledos
Ranked #45 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Madrid, Spain
“Beautiful Hotel but be careful that somebody is there to let you in”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This hotel is beautiful. For barcelona, the prince for the quality of the rooms is unbelieveable. They are huge and with wonderful design. The common area is lovely and relaxing, breakfast is buffet and good, bread, croissants, juice, meat, cheese etc. Fairly cheap quality but good enough and the eating area is nice. Free coffee, tea and buscuits all day. The only problem we had was getting in. The hoteliers don't actually live in the hotel and the phone number connects to another related hotel. We didn't recieve and email asking for our arrival time, and the buzzer for the hotel was not marked on the door. We took about 15 minutes of messing around to actually get in, although Raquel was lovely and helpful when we eventually did. Another couple arrived later when nobody was waiting, whom I let in myself and phoned the given number to ask for someone to come for them. This couple was also waiting around for a long time. Highly recommended, just be sure to confirm arrival time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had a great three night stay here at Triple2.
We had a spacious double bedroom with an enclosed balcony, which was great for us as it helped limit the street noise.
We did have to share a bathroom( which we knew about) but this wasn't a major problem for us although for some this might not be ideal. As some reviews mentioned you are asked to email your estimated time of arrival as they are not always there at the property, so make sure you do this so you have a smooth arrival.
The breakfast was nice and tea and coffee facilities were available through out the day/ night.The wifi didn't work for us at the beginning but we got it working eventually. Overall we had a great stay and enjoyed the location and modern style of the B&B.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I didn´t see much of this place since I was there for less than 12 hours but I enjoyed it as much as I could.

The best part was the location and the friendliness/helpfulness of the staff. My room was a bit small (I got the single, so that is to be expected...) but if I had more time in the city I would definitely stay there again but perhaps I would pick a bigger room!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
London,
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I stayed at Triple2 for a few days whilst visiting friends in Barcelona. The hotel was reasonably priced and offered me everything I needed... centrally located (near Universitat metro), a clean spacious room and a nice breakfast. You will need to share the modern bathroom facilities with other guests, but this didn't cause me any problems as there were two available near my room. The only frustrations I had was a lack of English from the host (we tried our best to communicate!), my room being located on a busy road (I'm a light sleeper) and the need for a wardrobe to hang my clothes. However, this place really does have potential with high ceilings, traditional features and glamorous chandeliers.

Room Tip: A room at the rear may make it easier for light sleepers. Otherwise pack ear plugs.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank craigse22
Sitges, Spain
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Situated in the centre of Barcelona, near all the principal landmarks. Loads of original features, large rooms with high ceilings and modern, comfortable beds. We had an independant heating/air-conditioning unit in our room. Spotlessly clean and just the place for if you are on a budget. Dario, who runs the place, does everything possible to make your stay comfortable. But do be sure to let him know what time you expect to arrive.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Ask for the double room with en suite facilities
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Nice and clean; good location, but some walking to the city center; about 15 minutes. Nearest Metro = Universitat about 3 blocks away. There's a park that's less than a block away and a plaza where a lot of people hang out. The all you can eat buffet restaurant one door down, is a good value at 8.99€ includes beverage and dessert.

Nice decor: a mix of old and contemporary.

Should have tourist info available like maps, at least, but info on other amenities in the area like laundry facilities, grocery, restaurant recommendations.

Breakfast is continental and basic, but better than nothing.

Need to have a/c in all rooms.

The Internet did not work in my room, but it was fine in the common areas. Also, there's a free computer to use for Internet access.

They do accept credit cards too.

Oh, and one more thing, though the establishment posts the phone numbers outside of the building for you to call if you experience problems, I was traveling internationally and I did not have a phone to use to make a call to them.

Finally, Dario, who checked me in, is very nice and accommodating. Enjoyed meeting him and other visitors at Triple2.

Room Tip: Like a previous reviewer mentioned ask for the room w/the private bathroom or at least a room with A...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Overland Park, KS
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I booked a room at this B&B based on its affordable price and great location....however, upon arriving at noon in Barcelona, no-one was there to answer the buzzer. (Granted, their website said check-in was at 2 PM, but usually a human being is there to at least accept your luggage.) So I left with my luggage and wandered down the street to grab some lunch. After consuming my chorizo sandwich, returned to Triple2 and again rang the buzzer. Again, no-one answered. However, a resident of the building was able to let me in and I was able to drag my luggage upstairs and knock on the door. No-one answered the door inside either, so it definitely wasn't a problem with the buzzer. To make a long story short, I traipsed back and forth to the B&B until 5 PM, at which point another guest was trying to get in, to no avail. I ended up having to spend almost $200 on another hotel to spend the night. (My cell phone did not work in Spain, and not being a Spanish speaker, I could not figure out how to use their pay phones to contact the supposed people that worked at this establishment.)

Upon my return home, I checked my Visa bill and they had the nerve to charge me for being a "No-Show". I would avoid this place, if it is a genuine B&B, like the plague. They SHOULD NOT be in business.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank GoCarla
triple2, Manager at Tripledos, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
We are very sorry to hear about your bad experience with triple2.
We are also very surprised that nobody was there to welcome you and take you to your room. Indeed, we have someone staying and working most of the time, and that person would have answered to the buzzer, especially around the time that you are mentioning.
We also advise our customers to tell us roughly their time of arrival and we provide 3 telephone numbers to call just in case they encounter a problem.
Our policy is indeed to charge customers who don´t show up for the first night and do not advise us of their change of plans, and only one night of their booking. It is a fair policy.
So we believe that what happened to you is very rare and probably due to exceptional circumstances and/or lack of understanding.
As a gesture of goodwill, we invite you to contact us via email with the reference of your booking and we will refund to your account the full amount.
Best regards