“stunning and unique jewellery” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Basilica Galeria
Ranked #95 of 691 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: La Basílica Galería: Gallery/showroom of contemporary jewerly, art and the world's largest collection of author perfumes
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“stunning and unique jewellery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I feel so lucky to have stumbled accross La Basilica Galeria! I visited Barcelona months ago but still think about some of the beautiful and unique pieces in this shop. No matter what your taste in jewellery there truely is something for everyone. A huge range, some breathtaking high end bespoke pieces, and some more affordable but still unique and well made pieces too. The service was wonderful - although I was clearly a backpacker without much to spend the sales assistant was extremely helpful and friendly, even taking the time to let me try on an amazing necklace that I freely admitted was way out of my price range! I bought a couple of things with the intention of giving some away as gifts but I kept everything for myself, and regularly get compliments on them! I agree with other reviewers when they say it is a MUST for any jewellery lover.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MayMS

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“If you like jewelry, this place is for you.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I loved this place.. the jewelry was so unique and beautiful! There are several cases of jewelry from rings to cufflinks and then some additional pieces like amazing wooden clutches. I have never seen jewelry like it before - they had earrings that were mini gumball machines (which, were actually really cute and nice!), and then the more normal pieces like a gold ring with a green jewel on it (which, I ended up buying!). I would definitely go there again - and, I'd even love to bring my boyfriend there because I think he, too, would enjoy the unique pieces.

Visited August 2013
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“LOVE LOVE LOVE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

As I was winding my way through the narrow cobbled streets of old Barcelona I stumbled on what may now be my favourite jewelry shop in the world!

La Basilica Galeria is an art gallery and jewelry shop rolled into one. From the moment you walk in the door, greeted by a crimson manequin spewing rose petals across the threshold, you're captivated by all there is to see inside.

The shop is 2 large rooms crammed full with display cases. So many different artists are featured in here, it's quite overwhelming! The jewelry is gorgeous, and it has something for every kind of taste, from whimsical and playful to baroque, gothic, blingy or minimalist. I decided I wanted to get something as a birthday treat, but it took me an hour to choose! The staff were very helpful, and opened cabinet after cabinet to let me try some things, while setting aside the pieces I was narrowing down.

The prices are a good range, everything from affordable to expensive, but not out of reach.

I highly recommend this as a stop if you're in Barcelona, and if you love jewelry.

My purchases? I couldn't pick, so I decided 1. it would be a long time before I'd be back from Canada, and 2. The one of a kind pieces wouldn't be around for long. So I bought TWO!
A gorgeous oxidized silver necklace, and a beautiful scrollwork ring. I LOVE them, and they're such beautiful, unique reminders of my visit. I can't recommend this place enough!

Visited August 2013
Créon-d'Armagnac, Aquitaine, France
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“like a museum, Beautifull”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This place is amazing. The jewelery sold there is innovative and actually not that expensive! The place is lake a museum, with art on display. It is quite magical

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Pinkie S
Santa Cruz, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The Most Amazing Jewelry Store you will ever find...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stumbled upon this fantastic shop while cruising the gothic quarter in Barcelona. Without a doubt, it housed some of the most amazingly innovative, stunning jewelry I have ever seen--and not out of the realm of purchasing possibility! It is definitely worth a visit. There were also other interesting items...like trays painted with images of cats dressed in Victorian clothing with a "story" linked to each cat. Trust me, you have to see it to appreciate the humor. We are still kicking ourselves for not purchasing something.

Visited March 2013