“I found my place in Barcelona! Highly recommendable hotel with great location”
Review of Hotel Ginebra

Hotel Ginebra
Ranked #249 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I recently had the great pleasure of staying at the Hotel Ginebra on a business trip to Barcelona. The hotel is newly renovated and the rooms are very nice and clean - I especially liked the bathroom. Being there on business, I was glad that the wifi worked really well and that the hotel in general was quiet and relaxed. I was lucky to get a room with a view over Plaza Cataluña - the central square close to the old town, the Ramblas etc. and very well-communicated with the rest of the city by metro and bus. Upon arrival I got a bit worried about the noise from the street, this being one of the busiest spots in town, but you can close out the noise by shutting the different windows and I had absolutely no problems and slept really well. The staff and the owners, Alfred and Yvonne, were all really friendly and helpful and always up for a chat, and I will definitely go back the next time I go to Barcelona.

Room Tip: Great view in the rooms overlooking Plaza Cataluña
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mikkel L
Ginebra H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Barcelona 28 November 2013

Dear Mikkel

Thank you very much for your review. We enjoyed meeting you and hearing about your adventures as a Danish journalist in Spain, even although you are a Real Madrid fan :)
We will give you a call when we are in Madrid ourselves to invite you for a coffee and we will chat some more.
See you soon

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I loved this hotel! location is perfect, the staff is very accommodating, our room was spacious, and clean, the location is perfect, right in Ramblas Catalunya, steps away from shops and restaurants. the wifi is free I want to thank Alfred, He was very kind and helpful and welcoming.
Highly Recommended

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind evaluation and comment on our hotel! we were glad to have you with us! Hope to see you soon!
Best Regards

Reviewed 20 November 2013

It was the first time my wife and I had been to to Barcelona for many years, we trawled the web looking for a reasonably priced and well located hotel for shops and restaurants and close to Las Rambias and decided on Hotel Ginebra.
We were not disappointed, the location was spot on, the room view overlooked main Plaza the rooms had recently been refurbished to a very high standard and the staff could not have been more helpful.
My wife and I would certainly recommend Hotel Ginebra for anybody would like to sight see and get to know Barcelona.
Thanks to Alfred,Yvonne, & staff for a wonderful stay.
Mr & Mrs Ward.

Room Tip: Tell Alfred or Yvonne your preference.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ginebra H, Owner at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hello John and Pam,

Once more, it was nice meeting you both and happy to hear you made it back home happily and safely.
Hope to see you again
All of us at Hotel Ginebra

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Of course, you can't beat the location, being at the top of the main plaza right on Las Ramblas, and being newly renovated it was modern, clean and comfortable. The only downer for us (may be a petty personal thing), but we don't like passive-agressive "rules" that make guests feel like impositions, it changed our whole feeling toward an otherwise faultless place. For example, signs on the back of the door threatened a surcharge if we left the air-conditioner on, and reminded us that we would be charged another night if we weren't out the door by 11am sharp. I understand that sometimes tourists can be inconsiderate (generally just because they are in holiday mode), but I would enjoy my stay much better if the sign politely asked me to help the owners do their bit for the environment by not leaving air-con on, and reminding me that on check-out day there is a lot to be done before the next guests arrive. Same message, same result (for all but the occasional arrogant traveller who probably wouldn't follow the rules anyway), but MUCH nicer feeling for the rest of us regular punters who actually pay the bills and keep hoteliers in business. :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ginebra H, Owner at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hi Heather

Thank you very much for the very positive review and also for the input you gave us.
That is highly appreciated and duly noted.
We are trying to reach a higher level all the time and it can only be done with your input, so really tk you very much.

See you again hopefully

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

I am beyond glad I found this hotel online just as they reopened. I was really looking forward to staying here, and let me say those expectations were fulfilled.

the location cannot get any better. the building itself has charm, and though I did not have a view, I can imagine they're superb.

the staff are severely friendly. I got to talk with one of the managers, Alfred quite a bit as well as their night deskman, Antonio. Alfred has quite a history in hospitality and knows what he's doing. Antonio was more than helpful anytime I asked for directions or recommendations.

the room itself was just what I needed. I was traveling alone and placed in a single. the decor modern, beds comfortable, and bathrooms sleek. all very very clean.

wifi worked well, TV also. words cannot express the joy I found knowing there was AC, and one that worked.

they had two separate lounge areas that I did not get to utilize much always being on the go, but great that they're offered.

cannot say enough positive things about this hotel. look no further for lodging in Barcelona.

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank Colleen F
Ginebra H, Owner at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Hi Colleen

As you know, the pleasure was entirely ours.
Hope you are enjoying the rest of the Spain trip and have a safe flight back to Seattle.
See you around!
The staff at Ginebra

Reviewed 15 September 2013

There couldn't possibly be a better location in Barcelona. My room was small but comfortable and well-appointed with everything I needed. Internet worked great, and the hotel's staff and owner, who is on-premises most of the time, were extremely helpful with directions, restaurant reservations, etc. I would definitely recommend the Ginebra to anyone traveling to Barcelona, whether on holiday or on business.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MBLH4
Ginebra H, Owner at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Hello.

Thank you very much for your great review. It makes us very happy to see our efforts are being appreciated.
It was nice meeing you btw, and we mean that.
See you around?

All of us at Hotel Ginebra.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

HOTEL GINEBRA has a new owner. The perfect European style hotel. Newly renovated. Stayed there for a couple of nights and we HIGHLY recommend it. Rates are very reasonable. The location is perfect, very clean with all the comforts of home, A/C, Wifi, TV, hairdryer, laundry room and more.
The staff and owner are very nice and helpful, they speak English. You could not ask for more!!
Check it out at www.barcelonahotelginebra.com

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony facing Plaza Catalunya, the view is priceless, but if you want a quie...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graciela H
Ginebra H, Owner at Hotel Ginebra, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Hell there! Nice to hear from you again, albeit indirectly through Tripadvisor. We are glad to know you made it back home safely and who knows, maybe see you here again.
The management