“great choice”
Review of Hostal Centric

Hostal Centric
Ranked #15 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2013

i stayed here for two nights during october and was very happy with my choice and would not hesitate recommending it. rooms are clean and big enough. good location surrounded by plenty of restaurants and close to public transport. staff speak english and are friendly and incredibly helpful. extra bonus is the desk is attended twenty four hours.

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Hostal Centric

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We went for the week end to BCN, and stayed here. Excellent location, close of everything. You can walk to almost every where from there.
We were three girlfriends and the room was great! It was a real triple room (no an extra bed squeeze in), The room was cosy and more important clean.
We were surprised it was only two stars hostal, definitely it deserve more stars!!
Staff was friendly and helpful.

Great staying!! If we come back to BCN this hostal will be our home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Went here for my vacation and I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Barcelona. The rooms are clean and beautiful, bathroom are huge and the wifi connection and speed is outstanding. Nothing beats coming home from a trip and just browse Facebook or upload photos on the Internet. The hostel is also very central and you find subways to everywhere but you can also walk and travel trough the beautiful streets in Barcelona. The people who work there are very friendly and the service is great!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Firstly, I really want to make this clear. The hotel is very nice, clean, modern with a fantastic location. The staff are very friendly and apart from our room we would have been very happy at this property. Having said that - here are my comments for room 204.
As much as I don't want to give a negative review there a few points I need to raise. Firstly, I was given a disabled room which meant the shower was a chair and shower head. It was not possible to have a normal standing shower. We was kept awake during both of the two nights due to some loud gurgling noises coming from the pipes - the room above had some plumbing issues. AND, the most important point - returning on the 2nd day we had water flowing through the ceiling from the room above - all through the electrics/lights. Clearly a health and safety issue! We only had 30 minutes to get changed as we had a dinner reservation and was unable to shower and was advised there was no other room for us to be moved to - unless we wanted to check into a different hotel (which we didn't have time to do). I was given a 8 euro discount per night which I found insulting as when we came to check out we'd had no sleep due to the noise and no shower due to the safety hazard. Very disappointing given the high rating for the reviews. I travel to BCN every 6 weeks on business and this was the first time I tried a different hotel (based on reviews) and had a 2nd reservation booked already which I have since cancelled.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank K_J_Scott_123
Reviewed 5 September 2013

It is a nice place with very good location and helpful staff at the desk. A parking lot with a discount (10 EUR instead of 25 EUR per night) is also offered in the garage nearby. The room was fine but quite small and without a fridge and balcony.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night at the end of August.It was definitely beautiful,modern and clean but our room was really small-around 9 sqm contrary to the bathroom which was pretty spacious.Once we got in the room, there was an intense smell of smoke which was annoying.Plus there was no balcony,just one window overlooking the hallway.As for the location, it is situated in a quiet neighborhood around 10 minutes walk from Las Ramblas

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was a very clean hostel in the heart of Barcelona, a 10 minute walk from La Ramblas.
The staff is amazing, very helpful. The rooms were very clean. The interior decor was beautiful.
The rooms were cleaned daily. I had a room with a small patio. The internet connection was good. I will definitely stay there again. We came to the hostel early from Paris ,they were kind enough to check us in early at no extra cost.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends