“Couldn't be happier with our birthday stay!”
Review of Hotel Espana

Hotel Espana
Ranked #101 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 8th-11th November and I have never had a more enjoyable hotel stay. This was for my partners 21st birthday as a present from me and I couldn't have been more satisfied as well as my partner having a brilliant birthday. The hotel was easy to find, in a great location on las Ramblas but also tucked into a side street away from the noise of cars and traffic etc. The staff were ace, attentive and relieved us if luggage as soon as we arrived late evening and checked us in within 5 mins. We had to change rooms as the lights blew in the first one but it was fine all sorted in 10 minutes no messing around. A bottle if cava delivered to our room as a complimentary gift for my partner which we loved and really added a special touch to our stay. The rooms are big, very modern and there's not a facility missing. Massage oils, free mini bar and waterfall shower were all favourites. Also complimentary bath robes and slippers were a nice touch to the rooms. The bar area was elegant and very relaxing we had a rest on the couches down there one evening after a long day of walking! Drinks and food there were very reasonably priced and good standard. Only downside was the pool being closed but we completely understood as it's out if season for hotels and quite standard at this time of year. We also forgot a adaptor so called reception who brought one to borrow up within 2 minutes of calling. Housekeeping staff did a brilliant job room clean and tidy everyday. And my favourite member of staff was Jorge I believe front of house/concierge he has good English skills and is a gentleman to all! Deserves a mention. Generally massively enjoyed it and couldn't be happier with our weekend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Amy
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel España for this special occasion and for your stay in our city.
Thank you very much for your very nice words to the staff, for your detailed description and for your sensibility on the details offered.
I assure you that We daily work very hard for our customer's satisfaction and it is highly rewarding to know we made you and your couple enjoy at Hotel España.

Looking forward to welcoming you at Hotel España in the very near future. Best regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We spent 3 nights at Hotel Espana. Our room was a little small but very well appointed with a good bathroom. We had dinner in the restaurant one evening - great food, wonderful surroundings and surprisingly good value. All staff were very professional and friendly, I would recommend the hotel and would go back. It is also right on a metro stop which made getting out and about easy.

Room Tip: Consider paying a little more for a larger room, but really not an issue.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to post these kind words following your stay with us at Hotel España.
I am proud of your comments about the staff and the service provided. It means so much to the team and me.
I also apreciate your opinion about our Restaurant Fonda España, it worth at least a meal at it!

Looking forward to welcoming you in a near future. My best regards.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Espana. The room was big, clean, stylish and well sound proofed which made for a nice sleep. The hotel itself is gorgeous but with so much to do in Barcelona we didn't have time to check out the pool. The staff was courteous.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for sharing your experience with other visitors.
I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and received a good service from our staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you at Hotel España in the near future. Cordially yours.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Espana for four days in november and had a wonderful experience.The staff is very very friendly and very helpful.
The hotel is beautifully and modern designed.
There are clean and comfortable rooms. The hotel has a good, central location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at Hotel España.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality and service. It is also great to know that Hotel España has fulfilled your expectations!

I really do hope that you can join us once again in the very near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Nice modern rooms in a Beautifully renovated building. Great bathroom and bed. We had a balcony on the street which was a little noisy, but they did offer us another room if we wanted to move. Great bar downstairs unfortunately the roof top bar is open during hotter months even though the weather was in 27 deg during October. We stayed 6 nights. Only negatives would be air cond was not always working well and our room key had to be re programmed every day. Good value hotel.

Room Tip: The deluxe room is worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard K
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Richard,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to wrtie your review according to your recent trip to Barcelona at Hotel España.
I higly appreciate to have your feedback in order to continue improving.
I take good note about your comments on the air conditioning and key card system to double check it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel España very soon. Cordially yours.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed at Hotel Espana on the final leg of our honeymoon and we had a wonderful experience. The hotel is beautifully designed and we appreciated the small creative details that seemed to be all around us. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a small issue with the air conditioning but it was quickly addressed. The hotel staff was very helpful and courteous. We also had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was excellent.

The only gripe I have was that the lighting in the bathroom was not the best for getting ready, but this small observation in no way effected our experience at the hotel.

We look forward to staying at this hotel again (hopefully soon) on our next visit to Barcelona!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kelly,
First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen Hotel España for your honeymoon trip to Barcelona.
I highly appreciate your nice words about the staff and thank you also for having your feedback since we are always concerned by the remarks and satisfactions of our guests.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon. My best regards.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

What a wonderful hotel, full of character and charm. I just love the dining room where breakfast was served daily and it was good food. Love the rooftop terrace for snacks and music in the evenings, a great place to relax. I was at the Hotel Espana for 4 nights in July and enjoyed every minute of it. Great location, you can walk everywhere to fantastic restaurants, shops, sightseeing etc. I will be back the next time I am in Barcelona but will ask for a bigger room if possible. Staff was just amazing so helpful all the way.

Room Tip: Ask for room with larger windows.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lucie,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel España for your stay in our city and for you nice words to us.
We work very hard for the satisfaction of our guest and it is very rewarding to know we made you enjoy and that you will come back again!

Looking forward to welcoming you perssonally at Hotel España in the near future. Kind regards.