“great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #110 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Santa Fe
“great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Beautifully restored historic hotel done with a complementary contemporary flair. It's in a great location near the metro, opera house, Ramblas, farmers market, tapas restaurants etc......walking distance to everything. The rooms are very small and the contemporary plumbing fixtures can be quirky...so be prepared.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen Hotel España for your recent trip to Barcelona.
I highly appreciate to have your feedback since we are always concerned by the remarks and satisfactions of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon. My best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. It is in a good location, just two blocks from Las Ramblas and three blocks from the outdoor market. Even though it is close to Las Ramblas, it was quiet at night and the noise didn't penetrate the rooms. I didn't want to stay directly on Las Ramblas due to the night noise and this hotel was a good choice. Nice staff and clean rooms. I would stay again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Melissa,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at Hotel España.
I am delighted to hera that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality and service.

We all really do hope that you can join us once again in the near future. Kind regards,
Evanston, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

This hotel looks amazing as you enter the lobby. You are sure you will love it there. But the staff is indifferent to you, the rooms are TINY and the location is a little bit sketchy. Sure it is easy to get to the Ramblas and the Metra, but the street isn't very safe at night. I wouldn't stay there again.

1 Thank Melissa R
Dear Melissa,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us to share your experience at Hotel España.
I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us did not resulted hundred per cent satisfactory because the of the two issues you commented. Anyway, I would like to point that We daily work very hard for our guests satisfaction and It is really exceptional to have a negative feedback about the staff. I will pay all my attention about that.
I agree with you that some standard rooms are rather small due to due to its status as a historical building, but We agree that they are all spotless bright and well appointed to offer a confortable stay.

I do apologize for the inconveniences we might have caused and hope you will give us new opportunity to demonstrate you the high quality of all our services.

I remain at your disposal and I look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel España in the near future. Yours sincerely.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We recently spent 4 nights in Hotel Espana. We "discovered" this hotel through a friend who is an architect in Barcelona. She was impressed by the excellence of the4 restoration and refurbishment of this very special property. It is a beautiful hotel and our room was very, very comfortable. I loved the extra special touch of courtesy refreshments in the mini bar. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Elle,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona.
I am very happy to know that the hotel facilities and services have fulfilled your expectations.

I also apreciate your sensibility towards the restoration done in 2010 and its refurbishment.

In the meantime, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Hotel España in the very near future. Cordially yours.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Hotel Espana is a beautifully decorated and immaculately clean hotel located just half a block off La Rambla where I had the pleasure of spending 6 nights in the middle of November. The standard room is well designed and is of a good size. The bathroom is quite good as well - two faucets over a longish rectangular sink, the toilet area cordoned off by a glass section, and a great rain forest shower and bath.

Unfortunately the rooftop bar was closed in November, but the restaurant (the mushroom tasting menu was great!) and the lobby bar will give you something to do shall you decide to stay close.

Finally, the staff was exceptional - always friendly, attentive, and eager to please. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Stan D
Dear Stan,
I am absolutely thrilled to read your feedback following your stay with us at Hotel España.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other visitors.

I really apreciate your comments about our facilities, and above all, about our staff behaviour.

We all expect to see you in a very near future. My kindest regards,
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a lovely "{boutique hotel 1/2 block off La Ramblas. It is an older building which has preserved many of the features but is completely modern rooms. The rooms are small but inviting and comfortable. the hotel is immaculate and the staff wonderful. This was out second stay here and will definitely stay again if we are back in Barcelona. It is very centrally located and easy to get around. La Ramblas is wonderful to be near, and if you enjuoy the charm of the older part of the city, this is the place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Carol,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel España again for your stay in Barcelona and for letting us know about your experience with us.
We are very pleased to hear your received a good service from our staff. We daily work very hard for the satisfaction of our guest and it is very rewarding to know we made you enjoy.

Looking forward to welcoming you personally next time at Hotel España. Kind regards.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel offers many positives and two negatives. The room was painfully noisy. We heard loud footfalls overhead, plumbing from adjoining rooms and doors slamming down the hall. The room was very small, but adequate. So, I must downgrade my rating. On the plus side, the staff is charming and helpful; the public spaces beautiful; the location well situated and the restaurant wonderful for food, ambience and service. I wish I could give the hotel a better rating, but, alas, travelers need their rest.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
We appreciate to have your feedback since we are always concerned by the remarks and satisfactions of our guests. I will carefully check about the unusual door noise you describe.

I am happy to read you received a good service from our satff and that you enjoyed our nice Restaurant La Fonda España.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon. Cordially yours.