“Great value in a fab location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Urquinaona

Hotel Urquinaona
Ranked #411 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
glasgow, scotland
“Great value in a fab location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

For £70 a night with breakfast this hotel is very tough to beat on value. We came to Barcelona for a 3 night stay to celebrate our anniversary. At the airport, we jumped on the aerobus at T2- turn left when you come out of arrivals, the bus stop is right there - and arrived at Plaza Catalunya just 20minutes later. The hotel was a quick 5 minute walk. We received a friendly welcome and were checked in quickly. The room was a great size with a king size bed and a single bed, and a cute little balcony overlooking the street. Nicely decorated, clean and tidy, with a fridge which was great for keeping the wine chilled! The shower was fantastic, really powerful with a drencher and shower head. The bathroom could've done with some maintenance in terms of repainting/peeling paper etc but at the price I'm not complaining. Husband slept like a log but the street noise did disrupt my sleep (we were on 3rd floor). However I had requested a balcony and the benefit of being able to sit and watch the hustle bustle of Barcelona life outweighed a poor sleep - I'm sure bedrooms away from the street would be quiet so just depends on your preference. Breakfast is in the adjoining cafe and was basic but great given the price - croissants, donuts, cheese, ham, bread, orange juice, coffee, butter, jam. We were able to leave our bags on the last day until our flight in the evening which saved money we would've spent at the luggage lockers. All in, I'd recommend this hotel if location and value are your priorities. Thank you for a lovely stay, hotel urquinaona!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank beachbabe75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Booneville Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

First remember this is considered a budget type hotel. The mattress was visco foam and was comfortable except that it was hot to sleep on. When you locked your room, all the electricity to the room turned off. Air conditioning was not adequate for me. People were very gracious--especially David. Only one person didn't speak English and we couldn't get him to understand about the time for our wake up call the we left. It is very close to the Metro and Catalanya (?) Plaza. There is a bus that the city runs from Catalanya Plaza to the airport regularly that we used as transport. The furnished breakfast consisted of fresh fruit (strawberries, pineapple, watermelon), ham and sausage, bread and juice or coffee. The bread was so good and so was the fruit. Oh, they had a type of cereal but it wasn't my favorite. Milk was room temp and cereal seemed a bit stale. They do have an elevator to get your luggage up and down--very slow--but it works. We used the stairs for our trips up and down. Blow dryer in room and they furnished me with an adapter for me to charge my cell phone, etc. Only one outlet in the bathroom. Over all we were pleased with our room for the price and enjoyed visiting with the desk workers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank MagnoliaMS101
Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Excellent service. The staff were very helpful and polite.
The room was fine with a little fridge. The beds were very comfortable.
Reasonably quiet location considering we were in the middle of the city. Lovely shower.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

The location is really good, as you're literally steps away from the stairwell down to Urquinaona metro station, of the red line.

My room was modern with a cosy top floor room and a super clean bathroom. The room even had a nice miniature ''balcony'', enabling you to step foot outside for some fresh air.

The staff were extremely friendly and provided me with all the assistance & information I needed.

The continental breakfast was served in this nice bistro cafe lounge, which also offers lunch and dinner, and is right next door (accessible through the lobby too). The croissant/crescent rolls were delicious I might add.

Wi-Fi had to be one of the fastest ones I ever used in any hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo