“Great for newbies!”

Tapas Tours Barcelona
Ranked #56 of 195 Food & Drink in Barcelona
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I visited Barcelona for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. Admittedly, we were first overwhelmed by the thousands of restaurants and sometimes struggled to separate the good from the bad. This is why Dirk's tapas tour was great for us. He showed us around 4 tapas bars throughout the city and at each we tried a different variety of food and drink. There was only one other couple on the tour, so we enjoyed that it was a near private experience. I'm a pretty frugal person so I admit to tracking the cost as we went along to the bars. Had we simply done our research a bit better and hit the bars on our own, it would have been about half the cost. But, we had a blast and I thought the food and drink was good, so I was pleased with the experience overall. That Dirk is a smart man and has a good thing going! We also thoroughly enjoyed how small the tour was. We hit it off with the other couple and the party continued well beyond Dirks departure.

In summary: If you are more familiar with Barcelona and Spanish food, tour is not necessary. If you are overwhelmed by the selection the city has to offer, let Dirk be your guide. You'll be glad you did.

1  Thank Shananananana
"chorizo"
"booked this tour"
"local history"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"meeting point"
"small group"
"gothic quarter"
in 7 reviews
"food tour"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Dirk was a superb guide! The tour was very informative and great value for the price. The tour made me and my fiancé feel like a local for the night which made the tour even more enjoyable. All the bars we went to weren't tourist traps and in some of the bars the only tourists were us. This is a great tour to get the feel for a wonderful city.

1  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I had just one night in Barcelona recently. With so little time we decided we needed some help and guidance to navigate the new world of tapas. The possibilities are endless and it was great to have Dirk share his knowledge and passion for all things Catalonian, as well as, great places to experience tapas. Instead, of the awkward tourist feeling, we were welcomed into really amazing establishments serving fresh fare, that I'm almost certain we would not have found on our own. We did the 65euro tour and the food and wine offered made it a great value. It was just a "small taste" of what the city has to offer but well worth it in every respect. I hope to visit again in the near future.

2  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Enjoyed a tapas walking tour through the old city in Barcelona, Spain on May 14th 2013 - booked through hotelspro.com and cannot say enough good things about our guide and the three tapas bars we visited and whose variety of tapas and wine we enjoyed - everything was first class, particularly our guide who was such a source of information and so patient with all of us - it became emotional parting after a great evening.

1  Thank hjschneider
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Dirk was a great tour guide. Our companions were German, but they spoke English as well, so they would sometimes translate while Dirk kept talking. We took the regular tour, and we were not hungry (or thirsty) at the end. This is a see part of the city from the ground, instead of a tour bus. It was meeting new people and learning a little in the process. We would do it again, and probably try the gourmet version next time.