“Initial no show by Dirk and it went downhill from there”

Tapas Tours Barcelona
Ranked #41 of 185 Food & Drink in Barcelona
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Dirk failed to show up initially as he hadn't amended our tour date in his diary and we were the only ones booked (or not booked). No apology but he did turn up about 20 minutes after we phoned him, but we found him very dull and only interested in talking about himself. The first 'bar' was really a shop but the others were good but I'm sure you can find your own very easily - there are thousands. Best part was when he quickly left us as soon as he had got our drinks and tapas at the 4th bar.

3  Thank Matt K
Jerome41, Manager at Tapas Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Matt,
you are right, I did not have this tour in my diary and I apologize. I was late. This happened in 4 years of tapas tours only once, and I am sorry it happened to you. I am sorry you did not enjoy this private tour. Kind regards Dirk Engelhardt

All reviews
"walking tour"
in 9 reviews
"local history"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"meeting point"
"small group"
"gothic quarter"
in 7 reviews
"food tour"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

It was just me and my hubby on this tour. Anka took us to cute little tapas places off the main drag where we had delicious tapas and quite a lot of drinks - all included in the very reasonable price. We had great chat over food and also found out about the culture and history of Barcelona. Would highly recommend!!

2  Thank katy35
Reviewed 14 August 2013

was a great tour...i went alone but i met there some interesting people from new zeeland, philippines and england.
Tamara, our guid tour, is very cool, she knows a lot of the traditional spanish food, witch is a very important part in the spanish culture.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had a wonderful time. Dirk was very knowledgeable and told us about all the food and wine before tasting. The eel was wonderful, even my very picky eating son enjoyed it. I highly recommend this tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I visited Barcelona for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. Admittedly, we were first overwhelmed by the thousands of restaurants and sometimes struggled to separate the good from the bad. This is why Dirk's tapas tour was great for us. He showed us around 4 tapas bars throughout the city and at each we tried a different variety of food and drink. There was only one other couple on the tour, so we enjoyed that it was a near private experience. I'm a pretty frugal person so I admit to tracking the cost as we went along to the bars. Had we simply done our research a bit better and hit the bars on our own, it would have been about half the cost. But, we had a blast and I thought the food and drink was good, so I was pleased with the experience overall. That Dirk is a smart man and has a good thing going! We also thoroughly enjoyed how small the tour was. We hit it off with the other couple and the party continued well beyond Dirks departure.

In summary: If you are more familiar with Barcelona and Spanish food, tour is not necessary. If you are overwhelmed by the selection the city has to offer, let Dirk be your guide. You'll be glad you did.

1  Thank Shananananana