“Beautiful! Salty! Colorful mouthfuls of happiness!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tapas Tours Barcelona
Ranked #38 of 162 Food & Drink in Barcelona
Longmont, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful! Salty! Colorful mouthfuls of happiness!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Beautiful! Salty! Colorful mouthfuls of happiness!
This food will make you hear music! Make you see music! Fantastic service and atmosphere. I long to return!!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank AndreaMorenoBeals

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Tapas Evening Tour Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Mark our quide was very knowledgable and informative about his city.we visited the produce market walking between bars and many easily missed interesting long established cafés and shops.The tapas was delicious as was the Sangria all included in the price.A good way to start a visit to this vibrant city

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Janis522
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely tour and guide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Nina was our tour guide, and she was very helpful and friendly throughout the tour. The first tapas place was actually a local providore (i.e. not a tapas bar), but they did serve us some nice bread, cheese and cured meats along with a glass of wine. The second stop was a pintxos bar which had some nice pintxos (Basque version of tapas) but some rather sour apple cider which wasn't to my liking. The third place was a lovely local chorizo and champagne bar - very noisy, very crowded but very tasty. We had to wait a little while to get our food, but it was worth it. The last place was a bit of a disappointment, as others have written about - we were served fried fish with a small shot glass of wine. Overall though, it was a fun introduction to Barcelona, and worth a look if you've never been to Barcelona before. If you've been here previously you're probably better off finding your own local treats!

Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Initial no show by Dirk and it went downhill from there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Dirk failed to show up initially as he hadn't amended our tour date in his diary and we were the only ones booked (or not booked). No apology but he did turn up about 20 minutes after we phoned him, but we found him very dull and only interested in talking about himself. The first 'bar' was really a shop but the others were good but I'm sure you can find your own very easily - there are thousands. Best part was when he quickly left us as soon as he had got our drinks and tapas at the 4th bar.

3 Thank Matt K
Jerome41, Manager at Tapas Tours Barcelona, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Matt,
you are right, I did not have this tour in my diary and I apologize. I was late. This happened in 4 years of tapas tours only once, and I am sorry it happened to you. I am sorry you did not enjoy this private tour. Kind regards Dirk Engelhardt
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Had a great time with our guide, Anka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

It was just me and my hubby on this tour. Anka took us to cute little tapas places off the main drag where we had delicious tapas and quite a lot of drinks - all included in the very reasonable price. We had great chat over food and also found out about the culture and history of Barcelona. Would highly recommend!!

2 Thank katy35