Alma Barcelona
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$268
US$227
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Bar/Lounge
Ayre Hotel Rosellon(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$276
Barcelona Princess(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$186
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$220
US$172
US$285
  • Restaurant
Occidental Atenea Mar - Adults only(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$354
US$273
Cancelon
1,936 results
All reviewsgrand deluxe roomcomplimentary mini barla pedrerasteam roomgaudi sitesroom keydinner reservationsrooftop baramazing hotelrooms are spaciousrestaurant recommendationsmodern designluxury hotelspent nightstapasthe location is perfectwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We actually stayed here February 2012, over a year ago, but I forgot to add this to the review. But this hotel has been one of my favourite stays in Europe. Not only is it modern, and for a 5 star hotel, is great value in a European city. But the detail is so simple, elegant and modern. The bathroom is very spacious, and the best thing - your finger holds the key to your door! Yes, that's right, modern technology that only allows you to enter the room if you have the right fingerprint! Would definitely stay here again, as the location is fantastic! You've got the Gaudi apartment around the corner, the shops along the boulevard. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank bel80
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at Alma. What a fantastic hotel. Everyone was extremely helpful, anything we needed was taken care of. The location is central to just about anything and if you're not walking there, cabs are easy to get from the hotel.
I took advantage of the steam and dry saunas as we walked quite a bit and I found it was a great way to unwind before getting ready for dinner. There isn't much to the gym, a treadmill and a stationary bike but the spa was well stocked with towels and robes and extremely clean.
We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as it seemed a little expensive and there are loads of great pastry shops within a few block radius so we grabbed coffee and a pastry locally.
The rooms are amazing. Plenty of space and loads of storage. Minimalist and clean but with every comfort you could imagine. The bed was so comfortable.
I would definitely stay here again and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor facing the courtyard and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lostintranslation75
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed for three nights in April-May and was very happy about everything. Nice garden. Great staff. They gave great recommendations on restaurants and sightseeing etc. Super comfy beds. Very well situated. Quite. We had an excellent stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Amazing 3 nights at Alma Barcelona - beautifully designed hotel in a great location. Extremely professional and very friendly staff - a real gem and we look forward to coming back here and also to trying out the other Almas!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
almahotels, Gerente at Alma Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Yoda19,
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at AlmaBarcelona . We value your positive comments regarding our design, product and especially our standards of quality.
Hovewer I apologize profusely for not meeting our usual high standards and your expectations in our Restaurant. I assure you that I will do everything possible to quickly and efficiently solve this matter.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to AlmaBarcelona in the future.
My best wishes,
Amaya Guisasola
General Manager AlmaBarcelona

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is a beautiful modest size hotel with a real boutique feel in a great location. While the physical structure is very attractive and the amenities are clearly upscale what made our 5 night visit so pleasant were the hotel staff. They were consistency welcoming, helpful and appeared genuinely concerned regarding our experience both in the hotel and Barcelona at large. We enjoyed our rain shower in the bathroom and the free minibar. We also enjoyed breakfast in the hotel one morning and while it was priced as all luxury hotel meals are it was delicious and less expensive than other hotels we have visited.

The only area that could be improved from my perspective would be to have separate lighting for the bathroom area as our room overlooking the central courtyard the light switch for the bathroom also switched on a light in the hall which was a nuisance for my spouse.

The quality of the staff was consistent both in Barcelona and during our 2 night stay in Seville which preceded our visit to Barcelona. We will stay here again next time we are in Barcelona.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple