2,035 results
All reviews grand deluxe room complimentary mini bar passeig de gracia gaudi sites steam room dinner reservations room key rooftop bar amazing hotel rooms are spacious modern design luxury hotel perfect location casa batllo spent nights tapas would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Hotel is in an excellent location. A few minutes walk to the main attractions but outside the busy old district. Hotel design felt very welcoming with a small foyer / reception area which then opened out into an internal void which went the height of the building.
Staff provided excellent service. Very helpful and friendly.

Room - spacious with big bathroom. plenty of natural light. Bed was very comfortable. Rooms were quiet. Amenities were very good. Room was clean and well serviced.
Facilities - an awesome outside courtyard to enjoy drinks.
Gym was adequate, but as it was next to sauna it was extremely hot.

Hotel has fingerprint technology for opening room door, which is an excellent idea and saves having to carry a key around. Why I did not rate this hotel as excellent was because the fingerprint technology would not work for me, even after many attempts by the staff to re-set it for me. Once they fix this (or if it works for you) then I would rate the hotel as excellent.

Room Tip: rooms on the higher floor will be quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
almahotels, General Manager at Alma Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Judith,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about AlmaBarcelona. We are very happy to read you had an overall good experience.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The staff was very friendly and really tried to accomodate in all possible ways. Nice room, and the way the entire hotel is refurbished is very good - have a look at the original stairways!
Also, good was good.
I will certainly be back!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
almahotels, General Manager at Alma Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Alma. We are happy to read you had an overall good experience.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Again a very nice stay at hotel Alma in Barcelona. The hotel is perfectly located close to many of the more famoud sights. The hotel is very good, the staff polite and offering splendid service, and the breakfast is excuisite. Highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Alma. We are happy to read we reached your expectations. You really got our philosophy where less is more and where service is professional but laid back.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Excellent location right in the middle of Passeig De Gracia.

Hotel Staff are very nice but somewhat lacking consideration. We had to upgrade to a room suite as hotel does not allow our 6 yr old kid to sleep with us in the normal room (otherwise need to pay extra) . Other than that, all was well accommodated.

PROS:
Fluent English speaking reception and staff. Warm and accommodating.
Good Internet speeds of approx 5-10 mbps with symmetrical DL/UL speed.
Nice toilet kit (Bvlgari Brand) which is replenished daily. Clean bathrooms.
Perfect shower pressure at 10/10.
Free Bottled water. (replenished daily).
Turndown service.
Magnificent garden area for breakfast. Outstanding dining options available.

CONS:
Limited power outlets for charging.
Limited media channels for english speaking audience.
Bedroom TV is quite outdated.
Stayed at room 101 and the desk lamp was not working and the ceiling dim light kept on flicking (did not bother reporting due noticed last minute)

TIPS:
Do bring a power strip/extension cord

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank RCPoblete
almahotels, General Manager at Alma Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about AlmaBarcelona. We ar glad to read you had an overall good experience with us.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 1 November 2017

In October 2017 I stayed at the Alma twice (5 days apart) and would like to share a positive review. I arrived from an overnight flight in the morning and was given my room immediately. That alone made an enormous difference. Shortly after settling in my room, I realized that a wifi hotspot I had rented from a private company was not working. I returned to the lobby to enquire as to where i might rent another. The staff volunteered to rent one to me for the duration of my trip which included 5 days I wouldn’t be at their hotel. Truly exceptional service. Later that day I began having trouble getting the door to my room to lock. I was quickly moved to another room. This was a terrific recovery. The room itself was stylish and quite large. The windows were very thick and insulated me from street noise. The linens were soft and high quality. The amenities of the hotel were fantastic. As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are a bit darker than a typical hotel, but I adapted to it and felt that it was part of the style being conveyed in the property. If I could suggest anything, it would be that the pillows were too soft and there was a lack of electrical outlets for phones, laptops and such. I paid extra to be in an executive suite and would gladly do it again.

Room Tip: Executive Suite
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Billyphx

Dear Billy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your opinion about AlmaBarcelona. We are happy to read we reached your expectations while your stay.