“Great Family Tour”
Review of Good Barcelona

Good Barcelona
Ranked #78 of 613 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike tours everyday at 11.30 am from Placa Reial. Free walking tours available every day! Look for yellow shirts or umbrellas, and email for any questions or clearer directions.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visited Barcelona with my family this summer - and half way through the week we were recommended Good Barcelona by a British family we met at the beach. We were far from disappointed. We got to the meeting point a little early but our tour guide was waiting and ready to go.

The tour proceeded through Gothic, Through Cuitatadella park (Gaudi's fountain was there), Sagrada Familia, before we ended up by the beach for a well deserved break. I'm usually very cynical of city tours like this - rarely do tour guides strike the balance between covering the facts/history and providing an engaging narrative that the kids and parents alike can enjoy. Props to Casey - she really did a sterling job.

Have kept the details and will definitely use Good's other services next time we get chance to visit - I highly recommend the bike tour.

6  Thank mgt2129

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Joined the Good Barcelona bike tour with Casey and Jim as guides. Both were excellent - knowledgeable, fun, and always concerned that everyone in the group was included and having a good time. We covered a lot of ground and saw an amazing amount of the city. We stopped for refreshments at great places and never felt rushed or hurried. It was like being shown the sights by good friends. I highly recommend Good Barcelona!

4  Thank Paul F
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Did this tour on a very hot Saturday in June. I got to the meeting point in the Placa Reial square a little early and right at 11:30 a girl showed up with the green bike and yellow sponge bob umbrella, so I knew it was the right company. The tour was myself and my boyfriend and two other couples. Our guides name was Casey and immediately asked us if there was anything in particular that we wanted to see or do during the tour. It was nice that she would have personalized it for us, but we all decided to do the normal route as she assured us that it covered a lot of ground and she was right! The tour took about 3 hours and we went all over the city, to places that we would never have gone to on our own. It was a little hard with all the tourists on foot, but Casey always waited for everyone to show up before talking about the sites. The tour was very fun and informative and she was very interactive and threw in funny stories along with the facts to keep things interesting. We ended at the beach and everybody was very happy with the tour and the day. Amazing way to see most of the sites in a short amount of time and gave us the rest of the day off to relax! Big thanks to Casey and Good Barcelona!

5  Thank Lee F
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We planned to use Good for their late morning bike tour, pre cruise. We advised them that we wanted to reserve two places on the day of the tour. We went to the meeting point in good time, and waited and waited and waited. A guide did not turn up.

We killed time and decided to go to the meeting point for the early afternoon walking tour. Again, no show of a guide. We contacted the owner, who advised us that we could join a 4pm bike tour, but by then we had wasted several hours of our precious 3 days in Barcelona. We then decided to join Sandeman and had a great walking tour, so all was not lost that day.

We agreed to return the following Sunday for the bike tour. Our guide was called Kasey. We had been promised good things and hoped it was worth the wait - it wasn't. I do not really class the tour as a tour. We moved been a number of locations and given a basic overview. The tour was aimed at young people and the 'guiding' element was quite americanised and populist version of Barcelonas history and development.

Having done Fat Tyre tour of Barcelona, where I felt very safe, I felt our guide did not take such good care of our group. We were not a particularly large group, but she rarely looked back at us to check we were there, especially when passing through crowds. We often got split at traffic lights.

I still recommend bike rides in Barcelona, but this was not a patch on Fat Tire.

1  Thank MissyH1973
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I spotted the Green bike and a person trying to put up a yellow umbrella. I could not miss him. As an Aussie, it was great to met Bill an Aussie as my tour guide.
It turned out that I was the only person on my tour. Bill and I waited for another couple who did not show. It was nice to know that the tour was not cancelled.
We set off on a journey that told me so much about Barcelona past and present. Bill took me through some amazing laneways, places I would not have found myself. A bike is the best way to get around Barcelona and to go with Good Barcelona is the way to do it, as you get to see so much.
As you are on the go for the full tour, make sure you put some snacks and water in your pack, especially if you are not used to Spanish times for lunch.

Thank you Bill for sharing that wealth of knowledge and your passion for Barcelona and all things Spanish.

6  Thank Jakluvs2travl