“Relaxing”

Spa-Hammam Rituels d'Orient
Ranked #4 of 517 Spas & Wellness in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Embark on a journey through the millennial wellbeing and beauty rituals of the thousand and one nights, in a place that's pure pleasure for all of the senses. Inspired by eastern tradition, discover the virtues of the Hammam and its traditional circuit of water and steam, essential to the most authentic and natural beauty treatments. A small, well-kept secret in the very heart of Barcelona, the spa Rituels d'Orient invites you to enjoy a unique experience, perfect for relaxing and escaping the rhythm of the Catalan capital...
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Today I got the 30-minute Caliph Back Massage (a la carte). I left feeling very relaxed. The spa interiors are very inviting, clean and relaxing. After you pass through reception you enter a locker room where you disrobe and can use the servicios. They provide a robe, sandals and disposable underwear. Then you wait in a lounge that has moroccan-style seating. It is very comfortable with dim lighting. When the masseuse is ready she will take you to a private room.

Overall, the massage was very nice. I had a lot of tension throughout my back and neck, and I now feel a lot of relief. After your treatment you receive a small dessert snack and tea which was really good. This experience gave me a nice and calm transition from the treatment to the outside world. I didn't feel rushed to leave.

I chose this spa because of the good reviews and its convenient location, on a street right off of av/Diagonal. It's located in a more affluent neighborhood. There's a lot of shopping nearby, restaurants, Starbucks etc. You can walk or get on the tram at Francesc Macia which will take you west, to the commercial center (get off at L'illa).

Also, it's very easy to make a reservation online and receive a quick response by email if you prefer, although, be advised that they will need a credit card to put on hold.

Overall, I would return and I certainly recommend.

3  Thank StaceyMalibu
"beauty"
in 3 reviews
"structure"

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband booked this as a treat on our honeymoon & what a treat...

We were treated to 'the works' - after a 45 minute session in the steam rooms, we were shown through to the treatment slabs & rubbed down, exfoliated & coated in mud which left our skin feeling super soft. After a quick shower it was up to the massage room for one of the best, most relaxing massages I've ever had.

The therapists all spoke enough English to make themselves understood, but didn't speak during the treatments unless absolutely necessary (which I prefer).

Our afternoon was topped off wiht a cup of mint tea & a gorgeous baklava - a perfect end to a perfect experience.

I'd highly reccomend a couple of hours away from the hussle & bussle of Barcelona to enjoy some pampering.

1  Thank DebBSydney
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We chose the Rituals of the Sultans couples package - the Hammam is a really nice start, we did 4 rounds of warm, hot, and plunge pool before being called onto the slabs. I was a bit worried about being slapped about a la Turkish massage but this was nothing like that. A light menthol wash, followed by a thorough scrubbing, then a good mud wrap. Warning - do not try to move around much with the mud on, you are now possessed of superhuman slipperiness. Each round gets you sluiced off, and then you're called out to the massage rooms. I've been for 4 massages in my life, this was by far the most relaxing, I floated off about half-way through. Tea & baklava afterwards really makes it. If you want to do a sensory experience day go in the afternoon, then go to Dans Le Noir for dinner. Another wonderful day in Barcelona.

3  Thank Matthew E
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We had prebooked the Marrakech treatments - hammam, scrub, wrap, massage, head massage. It was our first experience of a spa like this, but all in all was very good.

Hammam: move between hot steam and "cooler" steam rooms. Cool off in shower/mini pool whenever you wish.
Scrub: slightly painful, but mainly good pain.
Wrap: hot mud, wait 10 mins, shower
Massage: ok, not brilliant. Personally I prefer harder massages, but it was fine.
Head massage: very good - not easy staying awake.

After the treatments you get a tiny pastry and a tiny cup of tea - neither of which a free, but are included in your bill. I'd prefer little "gifts" like this to be free when paying €120 per treatment package. Just a suggestion.

Tip: book before you arrive.
Tip: don't take a big, thick pair of swimming shorts. I used a pair of tighter, shorter pair of biking shorts and was glad I did.
Tip: drink water before arriving - the steam rooms really take it out of you, and one small bottle (330ml?) is barely enough.

2  Thank cjhall86
Rituels D, Gerente at Spa-Hammam Rituels d'Orient, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Buenos dias,

Thank you so much for your comment! We are delighted that you spent a good time in our spa and that you have enjoyed your treatments.

Please be sure that pastry and tea are obviously included in our Rituals packages prices

Whenever you come back to our spa and if you still feel like receiving a deeper body massage, we suggest you book a Hammam session together with a Calif Massage instead of the relaxing Oriental Massage you received.

And be sure that that you can ask water as much as you need as it is very important to hidratate yourself when you experience the Hammam.

Thank you again for your comment. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Kind regards,