“Great Morning Shopping”

Antiques and Boutiques
Ranked #38 of 307 Shopping in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Antiques and Boutiques offer private, tailor made tours and personal shopping services focused towards design, style, food and culture. Set up by two designers with a shared love of Barcelona, we set out 7 years ago to discover and uncover the city's best kept secrets. Our private tours will show you Barcelona’s most inspiring places, charming neighbourhoods and backstreets, introduce you to local designers, boutiques & showrooms, studios and ateliers. It's the perfect tour for those who want to get off the beaten track and discover the city through its culture and creativity.
Perth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Morning Shopping”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Lisa took us on a varied shopping tour taking in many areas of Barcelona. I suggest you do this early in your visit so you can revisit areas and get a feel for the city. The tour took in a huge range of shops from inexpensive to designer and everything in between. My husband and I both shopped up a storm and ended up weighed down by bags! Towards the end we probably got a little shopped out (and our wallets were pretty empty!) which is when Lisa took us to a tiny bar for a local snack and drink. Our parents also did the Epicurean tour a few weeks later and had a great time. All in all a great half day and definitely recommended.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Perthmila6

Melbourne Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Divine boutiques we never would have found”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This tour really gave us an insight into Barcelona and why people rave about the city. It is worth every cent. My friend (who is a fashion designer) and I did Lisa's tour which was tailored to our brief - local fashion, artisans, vintage and a few interiors shops. Both of us absolutely loved it and were totally inspired. A word of warning, you will want to buy heaps of stuff. Now I am home though, I wish I had splurged even more! Also, rest assured, there is no pressure to buy anything at all. The 'tour' is set up as if you are entering the shop with a local friend who is just showing you around. Lisa took us to wonderful areas and boutiques we would never have found. Lisa is chilled out and informative - perfect! We loved it and I would do another tour (thinking foodie) upon a return visit no hesitation. I recommend doing the tour on one of your first days in Barcelona so you have time to return to the boutiques and areas.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank foote_melbourne
Sutton, Massachusetts
“So much better than we could have dreamed...”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Niki, our delightful guide from Antiques and Boutiques, welcomed my
> wife and me, promptly, enthusiastically, and oh so well prepared for
> our customized Epicurean tour of Barcelona. The time spent with Niki-
> learning, tasting and laughing our way through the charming streets of
> this old city would have been enough to make our vacation a great success.
> But there was so much more...
> Mary and I arrived from Boston on a Thursday afternoon in late June 2012.
> Our tour was planned for Friday morning. I could have easily moaned
> about exhaustion and jet lag. But from the time Niki started walking
> and talking, I was immediately energized and ready to explore. We
> tasted nuts right from a wood fired roaster that were still warm
> enough to burn our hands. We sampled Tuna, cured in Mediterranean Sea
> salt and dried by the gentle winds blowing up from the Sahara. At the
> same shop we had Salt Cod and Olive Oil. It was simply amazing. We
> tried special candy in a little shop, sampled local drinks and Olive
> Oils and we had a history lesson like no other. Not only did we
> collect some great foods, Pink Salt from the Himalayas and Olive Oils
> to delight our Chef friends back home, we collected stories.
> I knew that the Serrano Ham was special long before I arrived in
> Barcelona. Based on our tour I think I can now discuss the different
> and complex flavors of the Cured White Footed Pig Leg's in great
> detail. The more common white trotter Jamones are certainly tasty. I
> can even contrast and compare these delightful morsels with the even
> more expensive and delicious notes of the Cured Black Footed Pig
> Leg's. Who knew? In Spain the traditional race for producing Spanish
> ham is considered the "Iberico." This is an animal of the Iberian
> Peninsula black in color and with black trotters. Known in Spain as
> "Pata negra" ie "Black foot" a true Iberico has a distinct flavor due
> to its short legs (muscle concentration at the top of the leg) and fat
> - meat - bone balance. Now I can say I have tasted both. Now I know I
> like the Pata Negra Better! The level of detail was so incredible.
> After we tasted the ham, Niki reached into her bag and handed us
> bottles of cold water. Her preparation and ability to anticipate our
> needs put a big smile on our faces. WOW! You don't get THAT on the Hop on Hop Off Bus!
> Niki gave us the chance to meet some great people. Catherine is a
> Scottish woman who runs an Artisanal Cheese shop and man does she have
> stories! She welcomed us into her cheese cave and we saw how she
> works. (If you meet her, ask her to see her vast collection of little
> toy cows, goats and sheep. She uses them to let you know what type of
> animal produced the milk to make that type of cheese. She has quite
> the collection!) We got the chance to meet the family selling mushrooms from the mountains.
> Fortunately we were in Barcelona during the Snail and Morel Mushroom
> harvest. I have never seen such Large Truffles in my life. I have
> worked in the food business for 35 years and I was blown away,
> completely. The stories that we collected will make our Chef's dinner
> that much more entertaining.
> And yet, somehow, there was more. My wife bought shoes and I had the
> chance to look for Antique Cork Pulls for my collection. Niki even
> made a reservation for us at a place called the Big Fish for Lunch. It
> was a great meal, great day and a rich and memorable experience. I
> though that I was buying my wife an Anniversary Gift with this
> shopping tour. In reality, I know that the pleasure was as much mine. Maybe even a bit more.
> My highest praise to Antiques and Boutiques, they have my
> unconditional recommendation to any other travelers. If you don't take
> the time to do this tour, you are missing an incredible experience.
> Thanks again Niki! I think we said Hello to a tour guide and goodbye to new friend.

Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Barcelona Epicurian Tour”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Fabulous Epicurian tour with Niki. From our first meeting she was so enthusiastic about showing us places we were interested in and so much more. We would never have discovered the hidden gems in the alleys ourselves if we hadn't have been on this tour. Antiques and Boutiques had been recommended to us and we are very glad we made the booking. We were even given several food samplings, including nuts, wine, fish and a cheese icecream which was delicious, as we walked around the amazing alleyways. We had a great fun filled tour.
We finished our tour at seafood restaurant recommended by Niki and then wandered off independently to discover more of amazing Barcelona. We have been recommending the tours to others when talking about our wonderful visit to Spain.

Beirut, Lebanon
“Amazing art tour!”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This tour was the best i've done in Barcelona so far. Walking down the streets and little alleyways, seeing all the local artists, artisans was one of the most inspiring things i've done here . It was so far beyond my expectations, really getting to see people working on their own pieces of art and furniture. Looking at the displays in the galleries you could never come across on your own, was inspiring enough. Lisa also gave me many tips and pointers on where to go and what to do, names of the best tapas places , drinks, bars and even advice on how and when to go to flea market, which is also a pretty awesome thing to go to. This tour made my visit to Barcelona so unique! So if you're searching for something new and different I beyond highly recommend booking this tour, you'll experience Barcelona through a whole new perspective.