“Exceptional service”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: El Raval
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Overslept after a busy few days working in Barcelona, missing the Hotel breakfast. Wandered around the market looking for something suitable for breakfast. Too late for most of the cafes here, but this bar were happy to make us anything we liked, so we ordered ham omelette (not on the menu) and patatas bravas. It was beautifully and quickly cooked and the staff could not have been more helpful. Better service than our 5 star hotel by a mile. Could not recommend enough.

4  Thank sheds

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We've been in BCN for 10 days and we keep returning here as the food is outstanding. Owned and operated by 3 generations, the service is top notch. My wife love the Cod, I'm working my way down the menu. We are renting an apartment for a few weeks and eat only lunch at a restaurant. We choose either a tapas restaurant or Bar Clemens.

Enjoy!

6  Thank Richjjohn
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Every dish was perfectly delicious. Friendly and inviting service from the owners. Really enjoyed the dining.

4  Thank alex s
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We went twice for lunch in two days. They are extremely busy. It is not the kind of place you go to strike up relationships with the help. They care and pay close attention to your needs. They anticipate your needs. Some do not speak English. Don't let that bother you. Also you will likely wait quite a while. Don't let that bother you either. The main server is a real gentleman and even tops up your beer during your meal. The first day I had the Entrecôte steak. It was cooked exactly the way I ordered. I was surprised because it was fairly thin. Delicious! Perfectly seasoned with salt and pepper. It came with simple but great fries, also very tasty. The second day I brought some friends. There were six of us. Collectively we ordered: the entrecôte for me again. Razor clams which I tasted and they were brilliant. The whole Sea bream was perfectly grilled and seasoned. The potatoes spiced and seasoned were wonderful. Some may think a little too spicy. But wait before you judge the spice grows on you and is really good! The grilled vegetables were terrific! The seafood salad was so fresh we watched being made. Go there expecting delicious tasty casual food you will plan to go back often. I may go back again before we leave Barcelona. While you you are in the building feast your eyes on the collection of fresh fish venders. There are soooo many and all amazingly fresh. If I lived in Barcelona I would come here for food every day and probably weigh 400 pounds. Definitely make Bar Clemen's your first stop for lunch.

6  Thank GeorgeDubiecki
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Snazzy looking eatery inside the food market just off the ramblas. Had some fantastic veggie and seafood dishes. Very friendly service, fantastic atmosphere. .. the whole package. Great dining experience.

4  Thank JDFarrugia