“I will be back!”

Hostel One Paralelo
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The thing that makes this place great is the staff. We only managed to get two nights booked here as we wanted a 2-bed only room. John, Angel and Paulena (I think you work there...lol) are really amazing people who make you feel right at home. The level of service is un-parallel and they make the atmosphere fantastic. John even went out of his way to go with us to the bank to sort some stuff out. The lady who comes in to clean the place and make breakfast does a really good job as well. Dinner is provided in this place too and it's damn good!! We met really cool people and made some new friends as well. Next time I'm in Barcelona, this will be the place I stay. Location is great too with plenty of restaurants, bars, stores, metro is near and there's a bicycle rental shop nearby too.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 April 2012

highly recommend this hostel....i had booked this place and the famous kabul hostel for my 7 day stay in BCN but ended up staying here all the time because i had such a great time and made some really good friends.......
highly recommend it for the staff service and the general atmosphere......

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed here for 5 days around the Barcelona Marathon (March 25th. 2012). And as others have said, the staff make this place thanks to the great chats over breakfast or dinner, the tourist tips and the general air of good, honest decency. The place itself is great too - clean and comfortable but not clinically so - it is lived in after all! And all the guests seem to row in with the atmosphere - I never heard an annoyed or angry word from anyone throughout my stay. Everyone just chats away with everyone else, no borders or language barriers here!. A place where I felt really and truly at ease. Will definitely go back.

As you will have read, I'm sure, Barcelona is rife with pickpocketers and I was picked on the street where the hostel is after midnight. Of course, I knew the guy was going to try something as he came too close for comfort looking for a smoke. I felt his hand go into my pocket and swipe my phone so I simply demanded it back. Believe it or not, he handed it over! So I was lucky but remember, no valuables in those back pockets.

Do the Camp Nou trip. I'm not a huge football fan but this was very worthwhile as they show you the stadium in real detail, even using the tunnel out on to the pitch. The museum detailing the club's history is really interesting (English, Spanish and Catalan) too especially the fact that FC Barcelona was founded by a Swiss bloke who used to play for FC Basel which is the likely reason for both clubs having the same colours! You also read once more what a pig Franco was - how did he last so long! No wonder the Catalans, Basques and others feel the need for autonomy - the scars take decades to heal.

Room Tip: The 2 bed room no. 7 is excellent. I chose it to ensure a good sleep before the marathon and it was...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Till date the best one I stayed in. Not very lavish and grand but nice, cozy hostel. Like "home away from home" kind of feeling you get here. Positive points, staff, location and free dinner. Negative points, nothing!
Hard to believe but I did not find any negative points in this hostel (may be price but thats nothing in comparison to how you feel during your stay). Staff will go an extra mile to make your stay as homely as possible and they will also help you plan your day (if you ask them!) Cooking dinner with Angel for everyone in the hostel is one thing you would not like to miss because of 2 reason, first thats the time for socializing and second its free (read dinner).

Room Tip: Room no. 4 and 5 are inside room no.3. Each room has 6 beds then excluding you there are 17 people w...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I had the best time here. Arrived at 7pm and was immediately invited to join for dinner at 8:30. Like coming home! The team at Paralelo give extremely hospitable, helpful and friendly service. The rooms are nice and clean and the beds very comfortable. Will definitely book here again if I go to BCN again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is the best place to stay in Barcelona!

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the bathroom was always spotless. There were excellent facilities such as free wifi, computers to use, kitchen, commonroom area and an outdoor area to enjoy the sun. They also have a lift! So no lugging baggage upstairs. It feels completely secure as there are lockers in the room, keys for the rooms and a code for the outer door.

But the best thing about this place is the staff! They go out of their way to make you feel at home. They give you loads of information about where to go and how to get there. Plus they cook you dinner everynight and offer to take you out to some of the best bars and clubs in Barcelona. We were amazed at how kind and generous they were!

It's a fun place to stay and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed in Hostel One Paralell for 3 nights and had an absolutely amazing time. They truly made my trip to Barcelona such a great experience. Very clean rooms, showers and bathrooms, very nice facilities, a great common area for meeting other travelers, awesome food, and the friendliest staff EVER! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Stayed in two different rooms, and they were both great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo