“Great Hotel and Staff, but Noisy”
Review of 08028 apartments

08028 apartments
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this location in early July. The staff was very helpful, our flights from Canada were cancelled which meant we weren't going to arrive on our booked arrival day, they kindly changed our reservation to extend it. As everyone has mentioned it is on top of the subway, which was helpful since the day we arrived the taxi's were on strike. It was easy to take the bus/subway, except for the stairs with all our luggage. We took the subway every where if it wasn't within walking distance. There is a grocery store across the street and a bakery for fresh bread. We cooked several dinners in our room which was a huge cost savings. Coming from Canada we found eating out quite costly compared to home, especially for the size of the meals. Added on that we are used to eating dinner by 6pm, not 8 or 9pm.

The only downside, which I realize is no fault of the hotel is the noise. We were on the 4th floor but I found the locals to be extremely loud from the restaurants/bar/cafe below. Children that are allowed to scream at the top of their lungs until mid-night, people talking/yelling in very loud voices. The hotel provides ear plugs but I cannot use earplugs in my ears. Even the traffic noise was less at night. So I really did not get a good solid nights sleep the entire vacation. I have stayed in other cities in Europe and this hasn't been a problem. Like I said, this is not the fault of the hotel.

Overall I would definitely recommend the hotel, however, something needs to be done to soundproof the rooms better. I did notice that several other travelers had similar comments. Thank you for a fantastic holiday in Spain for our family!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ricardocampo, Director de Recepción at 08028 apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear friends, thank you very much for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay in our apartments. Noise in the street, as you say it is not our fault, and think that in Winter is different but in summer people stay in bar terraces until late.

Best regards

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great location. Two bedroom was perfect for family of 4. Nice staff and clean rooms. Metro on same block. Nearby grocery and shops. Safe area. Kitchen was nice as we made coffee in room. City/urban area so be prepared for noise.

Room Tip: Choose upper level due to street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ricardocampo, Director de Recepción at 08028 apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear John

Thank you very much for your comments, it encourage us a lot to know our guests have enjoyed their stay at our apartments.

Best regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed for two nights. It was easy to find with satnav. The apartments have underground parking which we used for a small charge . The apartment itself was clean, good air con, well equipped and had free wifi. Staff on door friendly and check in easy. It has a metro opposite from which you can easily get to all the sites. Recommend buying a T10 ticket which gets you 10 trips at discount.
We ate in tapas bar underneath both nights. Very busy with Spanish families.
The only downside was alittle noisy at times but that didn't bother us.

1  Thank domshirt
ricardocampo, Director de Recepción at 08028 apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear friends

Thanks a lot for your kind comments, we are always happy to know our guests have enjoyed their stay in our apartments.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend went away to Barcelona on what was our first experience of travelling alone and I'm very glad we chose this hotel, right up until the moment we left the communication was excellent and they provided us with a shuttle bus too and from the airport for only €11. People were not exaggerating when they said the metro was 30 seconds away and it only then took 15-20 minutes to get to the centre of Barcelona. Also Nou Camp was a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Great room and bathroom facilities and an excellent cafe/tapas bar next door which was extremely cheap (we watched the remaining world cup games and final there). The rooftop pool is on the smaller side but it was largely used as a dipping pool to cool off so it served its purpose.

Overall fantastic stay and great, helpful staff. If I returned to Barcelona I would most definitely book here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe D
ricardocampo, Director de Recepción at 08028 apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Joe

Thank you very much for your comments, we are really glad to know you enjoyed your stay in our facilities. Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

From start to finish, these delightful apartments were just perfect!!! We stayed in Apt 53 which is on the top floor and overlooks a very busy road, park and bar and yes it was noisy but they do provide earplugs. The welcome was friendly and the receptionist remembered my name throughout our 5 days stay. The apartment was clean, fresh and very comfortable with a hob, fridge, freezer, microwave and everything you need to make simple meals. Bathroom clean and fresh - towels provided. The wifi was good and free. There are two lifts. Easily accessible from the airport using public transport, you need the Rodalies to Sants Estacio the L3 to Les Corts. There are different tickets to buy. We bought a T10 (10.40 euros) at the airport which can be shared then realising we would be using the transport much more than we originally thought we bought Hola BCN cards from Sants station which vary in cost dependant on how many days you want to use it for. (14 euros for two days).
Excursions can be bought at the reception if that's what you want to do. The Nou Camp Stadium is a 10 minute walk and well worth it according to hubby!
The coastal train service (Rodalies) is also available from Sants (10 minute walk).
There is a bakery directly across the road and two supermarkets within a 2 minute walk.
There is the hotel bar net door but we didn't use these.
The hotel rooftop pool is more like a large bath but nice after a days walking with plenty of sun beds to chill out.
I can't think of much more to say apart from it is a great place but dare walk over a newly mopped floor and you will get the dirtiest look and a loud tut from the cleaner - learn to hover guys!!!!
A great place to stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 53 overlooks the road and bar, it is noisy but great for people watching!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ricardocampo, Director de Recepción at 08028 apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Lesley

Thanks a lot for your kind comments, it's very nice of you. We are very pleased having helped you feel more comfortable in your trip to our city.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We booked two rooms at the 08028 apartments, I must say I was expecting a little more for the price we paid, the rooms ARE clean and spacious dont get me wrong, but we have stayed in places all over Barcelona and the rest of spain that have a lot more character and that are better priced.
One of the rooms we were allocaed was on the first floor. This was very noisy and we are not picky at all or party poopers but it was impossible to get to sleep, this was due to the noise from the traffic outside and also noisy neighbours.
I also booked these apartments specifically for their free wifi as I run my own business and this is essential, The wifi connection was really weak and I was unable to connect at all most of the time. This is the main reason I would not stay at these apartments again.
On the up side the rooftop pool area is nice and there is plenty of sunbeds, and also the location is really close to the metro station.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th or 5th floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ricardocampo, Director de Recepción at 08028 apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Holly,
We take note of your opinion as it helps to us to improve every day.
Thanks for taking the time to review our apartments.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I, my sister and her husband arrived barcelona on 31.5.2014 . We used to book another apartment and had booked that apartment taxi transfer service. However, it was absolutely terrible that the taxi driver didnt show up at the airport and no one answered the contact numbers and no one waiting us at the booked apartment (its the type of self check-in apartment but I was told to receive keycard on my arrival)!! After hours of panic, we still couldnt find anybody of the apartment. it was a disaster and we decided to look for other place.
Many hotels were full and we finally walked in 08028 apartments. Mr Eloy of the apartments served us, he was kind and showed understanding to our difficult situation. He helped us to phone our initially booked apartment and confirmed that nobody answered the phone again. As there was only one 2-ppl bedroom available, he showed us that 2-ppl bedroom to see if we were ok and helped us to find one more sofa bed to solve the problem and charged us just for normal 2-ppl bedroom only. During our stay, all the staff were very helpful and gave us prompt and useful information for our stay. On the second day, as it was not convenient for me to live with my sister and husband, we had to move out. Mr Eloy showed his understanding and helped us to check out immediately. I sincerely thank all the staff who had offered help to us. It was really a customer-oriented place with excellent 24- hour reception and great location just next to metro station.
(Note: my initially booked apartment reached me after my check-in of 08028! )

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kiki_lau
ricardocampo, Director de Recepción at 08028 apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear friends

We are really pleased having been able to help you, it was really a pleasure. We hope the rest of the stay in our city had been pleasant. and more tan this, thank you very much for your kind comments.