“Amazing also on the second time”
Review of Granja Dulcinea

Granja Dulcinea
Ranked #52 of 216 Dessert in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Description: Xocolat, Coffe Shop,
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Amazing also on the second time”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

we found this place by mistake 5 years ago, and remembered the chorros and coffee. when we came back to barcelona we decided to look for it (we had no address and it is somewhere in the Gothic Q). We were lucky to find it and this time - took a card... both times we were the only tourists, the choros were very good, as we remembered, and the coffee was too. A great local and somewhat traditional atmosphere. Hop in if you're in the area!

• Visited December 2012

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“The queue speaks volumes”
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

As we walked past the queue of locals waiting to get into Dulcinea on a holiday night, we knew it was showed promise. Returning for a less busy afternoon break we managed to find a table upstairs surrounded by groups of folk getting into the Christmas mood. The chocolate was thick and memorable, the cafe con leche served traditionally with hot milk added by the waiter at the table from a jug. Churros were up to expectation if a little overcrisp to warrant perfection. The atmosphere, though, was splendid.

Yateley, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Having read other reviews about this place, we thought we would give it a try on our last morning & was not disappointed!

My wife & I had actually walked past this place 2 evenings previously and didn't even give it a second glance as no menu outside.

It is a typical Spanish family run cafe with the old boy sat in the corner conducting the waiters (pretty certain they were his son & grandson), with the ladies in the kitchen!

Plenty of character & atmosphere in the place, no frills just plain and simple!

Probably not the best churro I have ever tasted, but the cup of hot chocolate that went with it was absolutely a chocoholics dream; 2 portions of churro & 2 hot chocolates for less than 10 euros! Fantastic, if you are after a traditional Spanish snack then well worth a visit!

Visited December 2012
Minneapolis, MN
“Excellent hot chocolate and pastries”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My thanks to other Trip Advisor reviewers for their guidance.

From what I had read online, Granja Dulcinea was ranked as one of the best places to visit for hot chocolate and churros. Our group was very pleased with to find a quiet, clean, friendly restaurant with excellent service and food.

The churros and hot chocolate were an excellent mid-afternoon snack for us, and I can confirm the high rankings given to the restaurant by other reviewers.

I hope your visit to Dulcinea is as pleasant as ours was.

• Visited September 2012
“Great churros!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stumbled on this place while investigating the gothic quarter. The staff were very helpful - the churros wasn't being served so they recommended an alternative that was excellent. Then they made us a plate of churros as well!

I recommend getting the chocolate sauce with the churros as this really makes it.

Very friendly staff, lovely atmosphere and great good. If I lived in Barcelona I'd go all the time!