“Perfect for a stay in Barcelona”

MH Apartments Center
Ranked #148 of 735 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We traveled with our 3 daughters to this nice apartments which really met our needs. Each kids has it's own bed and the 2 bathrooms where a must to have. Free Wifi was really helpful and the area was meeting our needs, closed to a grocery store, next to a subway station, walking distance from a lot of nice restaurants... The place was clean and everything worked as expected. The view is not nice, but we didn't stay there to look by the window :-)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SAJAM2012

Reviewed 15 July 2012

After being moved from the MH Apartments - Plaza (due to the disgusting health conditions), the owners moved us this location, MH Apartments - Center, which we had to pay extra for. It was a gorgeous apartment with a great location near the Sant Antoni station and places to eat. It was a much safer apartment than Plaza! At the Center Apartment, we only had one major problem when we stayed there, and that was when the elevator broke and sent us to the -1 floor, which happened to be a supply closet. There was no way out, unless you had a key to unlock the door from the inside. After some searching we found a huge set of keys, only none of them went to the door to get out. Thankfully some of our friends took the stairs and heard us calling for help, so they called the apartment manager's number. We had to wait 45 minutes in the closet until the elevator repair man came (who also did NOT have a key) and then had to wait for the apartment manager to come with a key. It was a ridiculous chain of events, that I HOPE the apartment managers learned a lesson from! Sadly, when we shared our frustrations with the management team, they got very defensive, and were rude. You would've thought they would have been overly apologetic for this mishap, seeing as I'm sure there is a code violation there somewhere! No key to get out? Really? We probably will NOT be staying with the MH Apartment chain again. Enough was enough!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #34 (third floor).
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank IHeartSpain
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed in MH apartment center for 3 nights. The apartments were very very nice and in great condition. There was ample space and it was really nice to also be able to do your laundry while traveling. The apartment is right next to a busy street, but amazingly I couldn't hear anything. The double pane windows were very soundproof. The location was great as it was not a far walk to Sant Antoni metro station. It is also about a 15-20 minute walk to La Ramblas. The checkin is a little strange as you have to get in and scan your passport at the kiosk on the 1st floor. There is no receptionist. It took us a long time to figure it out because someone had opened up the wrong program on the kiosk terminal. Finally, I had to call customer service and they remote desktop'd into the terminal and opened up the correct program for us to check in. Customer service was really great I must mention in helping us out. Fortunately, I had my phone which I was able to use internationally but I have no idea what I would have done if I didn't have a phone to use on me.

The only reason that I did not give this apartment 5 stars was during our entire stay there were some French teenagers that were staying in the room next to us. They would invite other friends over and slam the door and walls when getting very drunk. One suggestion is that MH Apartment city implement an age restriction. This would be good for the customers as well as MH, since it would limit damages incurred by drunked customers.

Overall, great stay and I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marcus232
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Recently got back from a five night stay at MH Apartments (Center) and have to say I was thoroughly impressed. I was one of a group of six adults and we all fit comfortably into the five single beds and one sofa bed.

The location is good, only a five minute walk from La Rambla and only a minute away from the nearest Metro station. There are plenty of local shops and cafes and some great restaurants / bars to be found on the nearby Carrer de la Riera Alta. The apartment itself was spotless and modern, the bathrooms being particularly impressive. It is also well equipped with washing machines, a fully stocked kitchen including coffee machine and free (and fast) wi-fi. My only tiny criticism is that the beds were not to my taste, I prefer a firm mattress whereas these are softer.

Overall I think for the price MH Apartments are brilliant and would fully recommend staying here. For groups especially it really adds to the overall atmosphere of the holiday being together and able to socialise in the living and dining area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here as a group of 5 friends on a weekend break visiting friends in Barcelona, who arranged the booking for us. Exceeded our expectations in terms of the location, just 5 mins from the Barrio Gotico and decor which was stylish, simple and attractive. Spotlessly clean and well equipped kitchen including a very nice coffee machine. Perfect as a base in the city.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charlie L
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed in the MH Center apartment for two weeks in April and it was very nice. The kitchen had the basic cookware and flatware, and the apartment was comfortable and very clean. I too had issues with the key kiosk but they were quickly fixed by a representative that came by within 10-15 minutes. I would definitely use MH again on a subsequent visit to Barcelona

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank JBHIII
Reviewed 23 March 2012

we stayed in these apartment in March this year. We had the larger apartment which slept 5 of us comfortably. It was spotless, very well equipped and tastefully furnished. A lovely sunny balcony was a nice bonus. The self check in system worked perfectly as we arrived very late. 15 mins walk to Las Rambla or €5 taxi ride. Highly recommend them.

Room Tip: 5 adults sleep comfortably in the large apartment. prob a bit tight for 7.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends