“Nice location”

Ranked #176 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice location”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel is small but functional. Like most hotel in Europe the design is always efficient, small bathroom but good layout. Breakfast is self service but the variety is excellent. We didn't try lunch or dinner because there were so many choices of restaurant in the city.

Room Tip: This hotel is not about view but it is located in the heart of the city.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank blue_ring001
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Sir,

First of all I want to thank you for your post about our Hotel Regina Barcelona.

Thank you so much for your comments about our breakfast, it is a service very important to us, where you can find all kinds of fresh fruit, fresh juice, coffee, homemade cakes, pastries, ham, sausages, cheese, etc...

We hope you have enjoyed your stay in Barcelona and if you ever decide to return to the city, it will be a pleasure to accommodate you again, please contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com and we will do all our best to make your new stay an unforgettable period.

Kind regards,

Hotel Regina Barcelona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 February 2014

i had no room in my habitual one so, i came to the Regina.
it is an old hotel, small and complicated rooms and the price - around 100€
the 2nd elevator didn't work so - very busy to go up and down... not the best option

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SabaOmer
Dear Sir,

I want to thank you very much for the dedicated time to write a comment about our Hotel Regina Barcelona.

Regarding the lift, it is a pleasure to inform you that we have been working on one of them in order to improve our service and to make the arrival to the room much more quickly and conveniently. Since one week ago, the two elevators are now fully operational.

We value your comments that small room as the Hotel Regina, as a historic building, we have all kind of rooms, but please, when you decide to return to Barcelona, do not hesitate to contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com , I personally will manage your booking.

Hotel Regina
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Despite the location (very close to Las Ramblas, the most tourist place in Barcelona) this hotel doesn't worth 4 stars in Barcelona, nor in any city in the world. Rooms are very small and dark, my window was a joke, and the bathroom was impossible to be in without feeling claustrophobia. Not a place I would recommend to stay. Breakfast was awful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Aurea V
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Sirs,

Thank you so much for your comments on Regina Hotel Barcelona despite not being good.

Regarding the rooms, I would like to inform you that the Hotel Regina have many kinds of rooms from single to family rooms for 4 people, I regret a lot if we assign the room was not to your liking.

I see in your comment that the breakfast was not to your liking. Our breakfast includes everything from fruit and fresh pastries, homemade daily cakes, cereals, yogurts, nuts, various types of breads, fresh orange juice etc. ... I would appreciate it if you can write an email to mbanon@grhoteles.com saying what you would like have preferred to find in our breakfast.

Thank you so much for your feedback, we will take care to this details.

London
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights in December and was pleased with the location overall. It was close enough to the ramblas but not in the heart of it which suits me perfectly. I was not impressed with my room initially as it was very small and noisy plus the shower area didn't feel clean. I feel like I could hear the metro trains at night plus noise from the corridor and slamming of other room doors etc. The breakfast was very good. It was also great of them to provide bathrobes but I kind of wished there were slippers as well as the non carpeted floor was rather cold. Didn't travel with slippers as I was going in winter.....

Room Tip: - if you are a light sleeper suggest you bring ear plugs - slippers will come in handy
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Akelia
Dear Sir,

First of all I want to thank you for the time you spent to share your comments on our Hotel Regina Barcelona.
The location of our hotel is very centrally located within walking distance to all public transport in the city and all the tourist and shopping area.
Sorry that the room did not seem big enough, in a future stay please contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com and will be happy to assign you a larger room. Concerning the slippers, it is a pleasure to inform you that we already have shoes for all our rooms, whether standards or higher.

Again, many thanks for your post, I am at your disposal for anything you might need from Barcelona.

Regards,

Hotel Regina
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, the room was slightly cramped but the bathroom was good. It was centrally located with great access to lots of places. The tour bus stop was walking distance from us. The staff were super friendly, however rooms were a bit noisy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your comments about our Hotel Regina in Barcelona.

As you said the location of our hotel is centrally located, just one minute walk from Plaza de Catalunya and Las Ramblas and next to all public transport in the city, including the Aerobus.

I apologize if you feel that your room was noisy, however, if you decide to come back to Barcelona, please contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com i will be happy to personally handle your reservation and assign you a very quiet room.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

2 mins walk from areo bus stop, cozy and clean room but not very spacy. Toilet is above standard. Easy access to internet with stable wifi in the room. Very friendly staff even during the night shift. It is a pity that we only stay here for one night and have to leave for Madrid today.

Dear sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for such a positive comment about our Hotel Regina in Barcelona and our facilities.
I will extend your comments to our night staff, I am glad that you felt confortable in our hotel unless you stayed with us only one night. But if you choose to come back some another time to Barcelona, it will be a pleasure to personally take care of your reservation,you can contact me mbanon@grhoteles.com

Regards,

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights into the new year the hotel is in a central location and you can get everywhere in the city as is in a central point. The staff are helpful and always on hand. I would recommend that people stay here- singles, friends and families - it should be stated on the first day randomly in the lobby we did see a cockroach but we informed the hotel and they got rid of this but we did not see another one anywhere.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Sir,

First of all I want to thank you the dedicated time to write a comment about our Hotel Regina Barcelona.

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel, our hotel has rooms of all types, from single to family rooms for 4 people.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com if you decide to return to Barcelona, ​​it will be a pleasure to personally handle your reservation.