“Great Location”

Hotel Regina Barcelona
Ranked #161 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location for getting around the beautiful city of Barcelona, situated at the top of Las Ramblas it is a couple of minutes to walk to the hop on/off bus and the metro. The hotel is good value for money and the rooms are very clean. The sister hotel next door [The Pulitzer] has a fabulous roof top terrace that you can also use and has live music in the evenings. The hotel staff were mainly helpful with the exception of one middle aged man on reception who was very rude and unhelpful each time we had to deal with him. Other than that I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank wizbits
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor Community!
I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our central location right in the very heart of Barcelona! I'm also happy to see that you enjoyed the rooftop terrace of its sister hotel Pulitzer. It's certainly unique!
However, I am worried about your comment regarding one of our employees. I would be very grateful if you could send me a private e-mail providing me with further information about what happened. Guests' feedback is extremely valuable to us, as it let us improve day after day!
Muchas gracias and I look forward to hearing back from you!
Best regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Couldn't have been better located for a short stay in Barcelona. Just a short walk from Plaza Catalyuna where the airport bus stops and the hop on hop off buses start, at the top of Las Ramblas and easy walking to most places you might want to go.
The corridors are a bit tired but our room was good with a big comfortable bed and good sized en suite. The breakfast room was a little crowded at times and the staff could have done with being a bit more proactive but there was plenty of good fresh food.
Top marks to the two young people on reception in the afternoons who were very helpful and went out of their way to see that we were able to do the (free) walking tour and discounted tickets for the sightseeing bus.
Would definitely stay there again if we went back to Barcelona.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynB1
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Lyn,
Than you for sharing your review with the TA community!
I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, as well as the spacious room, our breakfast and the attention level of our front office staff.
Regarding the corridors, I'm happy to tell you that we're currently updating them all. In your future visit you'll enjoy a big change! Please let me know if you wish to come back, I'd love to arrange your stay.
Best regards and muchas gracias!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Regina. For a 4 star hotel that couldn't be any more central, we found the price very reasonable. The lobby and building itself just oozes old world charm. Our room was very spacious and the bed was huge and comfortable. We had room serviced food on several nights and it was delicious.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rose R
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Rose,
Thank you for sharing your comments with travel community. It’s great to know that you enjoyed its location and its spacious rooms. I also liked your "old world charm" comment... The Regina Hotel is a centenary hotel built in 1917... And we love to see that our guests can detect the history behind its walls!
Should you ever wish to come back to the Regina, or to our Pulitzer properties in Barcelona, Paris and Buenos Aires, please do not hesitate to let me know. I'll be more than happy to help you arrange your stay.
Muchas gracias and best regards!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Location is nothing less than fantastic. Just round the corner to the Las Ramblas. 2 minutes Walking and you're near station. bars and restaurants are very close too so no need to hassle with travelling at night. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable. very good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MonicaM42

Dear Monica,
I am truly grateful for your wonderful review! I'm happy to read that you found the location so convenient and our staff so friendly and helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back, whether in Barcelona or in our Pulitzer properties in Paris and Buenos Aires!
Best regards and muchas gracias!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Situated nearby "la Rambla" - nice breakfast - family rooms. For a nice price the hotel gives you a pleasant way to stay in Barcelona. 200m from Rambla and the tourist busses stops nearby. You don't need to use taxi - everything is in walk-distance. The metro is also only meters away

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vidar K

Dear Vidar,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!
I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our convenient location right in Barcelona city centre, as well as our spacious family rooms!
Should you ever wish to come back, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to arrange your booking!
Best regards and muchas gracias,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Having to stay just over night, it was perfect, especially when your flight is late and your pick up from the airport even later than planned :( I was gratefull for the 24 hrs friendly service, when i finally arrived at 01:30. The room was small, but clean and bed very comfortable, but I really was missing the coffee and tea station first thing in the morning (there is also very basic toiletry in the bathroom included,shampoo, soap, body lotion) There is a buffet breakfast for 16 euros per person, and it was busy and looked and smelled great, but if you're like me and not a big eater in the morning, just go out and enjoy a hot fresh coffee and a croissant or toast in any of the local cafeterias for 5 euros including the ambiance and great atmosfere of this beautiful city :-)))

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Grazyna_12
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Grazyna,
Thank you for sharing your experience!
I'm glad to read that you got a 24h friendly service and that you found the hotel room comfortable and the location so convenient.
If you ever decide to visit us again, please take good note that if you book your stay breakfast included, then the cost of the breakfast buffet drops down to 10€ + VAT per person and day. I'm sure you will enjoy our homemade bakery, fresh fruits and more!
Best regards from a very sunny Barcelona,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We just came back from our 5th trip in Barcelona. This time we stayed at this great boutique hotel four two nights which is very well located and just a minute or two from Plaza Catalunya. I found them on TA and we were both very happy with our choice. Our room was spacious, clean, modern (but not overly so) and with a nice layout and excellent mattresses. All of the front office staff were excellent and spoke multiple languages. On numerous occasions I overheard them conversing with other hotel guests and were very impressed with their customer excellence approach and "can do" attitude.

Each afternoon we enjoyed cocktails in the bar area and were served by a delightful bar manager who always had a smile.

We had a 5am departure time to the airport. I was very impressed when the front office person asked if we wanted a second wake up call. That was a first! They also offered us a cup of coffee i.e. a cafe solo before the taxi arrived.

A good tip: Hotel Regina is related to the "Hotel Pulitzer just next door that has a roof top bar with nightly entertainment and tapas, so you can go up to the bar and enjoy Barcelona's beautiful views and stunning sunset. This experience was one of our highlights of this trip.

We would most definitely stay at this hotel again..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susankarpiel

I am truly grateful for your wonderful review! I am delighted to learn that we managed to offer a memorable stay!
It's great to read that you find your room comfortable and that our staff, both at the bar and front desk, offered a "can do" attitude. Make sure I will share your nice words with my team!
Yes, certainly, our neighbour hotel Pulitzer belongs to the same group. All Regina guests are more than welcome to its restaurant, lobby and rooftop terrace!
Upon your return, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to attend to your booking.
Best regards from sunny Barcelona,