“Close to all the major attractions”

Hotel Regina Barcelona
Ranked #189 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Winnipeg, Canada
“Close to all the major attractions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

You can pretty much walk to all the major attractions from this hotel. My room was okay though there was a strong odor of cleaning supplies when I entered my room. Wifi reception was very good. I found my room on the 3rd floor very quiet at night so it was good for uninterrupted sleep. The A/C had no problem keeping the room cool. The hotel will give you a brochure for a shuttle to the airport, but you can save a lot of money by using the subway. Puerta Del Sol is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. You need only one ticket and also an airport supplement (3 Euros) which you can buy at the electronic vending machine. I recommend getting to the airport 3 hours before your flight leaves. I did that and ended up getting through to my departure gate with 30 minutes to spare.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank RunningRabbit77
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear friend,
I'm afraid that your review refers to the Regina Hotel in Madrid.
Our Regina Hotel is located in Barcelona. We hope that you come and visit us too sometime in the future! We're close to all the major attractions too :)

bquintana@grhoteles.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Really happy with this choice. Great price for the service and quality delivered. The beds are comfortable, rooms are clean and seem newly refurbished. The service is great and they were helpful in recommending places to see and eat. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your nice words!
We look forward to welcoming you back as a guest. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We'll be happy to help you arrange your future stay.
Best regards and muchas gracias,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good Part: The location was great, rooms were reasonable and the Bathroom was excellent.

Bad Part: Regrettable decision to stay at Hotel Regina! We had requested for an early check-in as we had an early flight, however, the mid-aged person at the reception crudely kept on repeating the official check-in time and that no rooms were available. Eventually, when my 3 years old son started to sleep on the Reception couch, I had to escalate to Rafale and we got the room after 30 min, a total wait of 90 minutes. Surprisingly, no check-out had happened while we were waiting at reception.
Hotel doesn't provide a luggage stand, hence one has to open luggage on the Study table!

Carpets were horrible and strangely, a Hotel with 4 Star rating doesn't even provide Coffee facilities (Kettle, etc.) in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Ravi,
Thank you for taking the time to write to me.
I'm glad to read that you found the location so convenient and our breakfast excellent.
However, I'm really disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have babies myself too and I can perfectly understand how annoying it must have been to have been asked to wait for your room to get ready.
Our Housekeeping staff makes a great effort to try to deliver the rooms cleaned as fast as possible. However, unfortunately, we failed at reaching this goal on the day of your arrival. Please do accept my sincere apologies.
Regarding luggage stand and coffe/tea making facilities, customers are more than welcome to ask for them at the Front Desk. We inmediately deliver them to the customers who need them.
I would like to ask you to give us a second chance. Should you ever decide to come back again to Barcelona, please do not hesitate to contact me again. I will make sure that you get a great room and, particularly important, on time.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for my graduation trip and was quite pleased when I entered the hotel lobby thinking that it would be a pleasant stay but I was completely wrong.
The hotel room was clean but there were not enough sockets. In addition I got adapters which fitted the Spain sockets but because of the stupid design, they did not fit. When I asked reception if I could borrow adapters, I was told that I had to pay 6.50 euros which is ridiculous seeing that I managed to get 4 adapters for 1 euro in a nearby supermarket. The air conditioning did not work and the high speed Wi-Fi is a scam. It was on and off intermittently and when it was working the signal from my room was terrible. I has to stand outside my room to get proper Wi-Fi.
This is my 1st day in this hotel and so far I would not recommend this place. It is a total rip off.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Alfred,
Thank you for your review. Are you still in-house? Could you please contact me or our Front Desk? We would love to help you fix the issues that you are exposing.
If you are no longer here, please let me know your room number, so that we can double check the air conditioning and the WIFI signal and get back to you with a prompt answer.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Muchas gracias,

Rainbow City, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Spent 5 nights pre cruise exploring Barcelona and just fell in love with the city. The people were very friendly and the city was so beautiful. We were there in November so it was dressed for Christmas! Beautiful lights everywhere. Love the food of the city, Tapas everywhere and you snack your way to supper at 10PM!

Room Tip: 410 -Corner room with a small balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BarbeeAL
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your nice review!
We invite you to come back. Now Barcelona is not dressed for Christmas any more, but it offers a great beach & summer atmosphere!

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly and helpful front desk staff...great city center location...nice modern decor ...luxury bedding, double sinks. Terrace Bar at Hotel Pulitzer next door wonderful rooftop setting for sangria, tapas, music!
Would definitely go back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diedra34108
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Diedra,
Thank you for your wonderful review!
I'm really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Regina Hotel. It also makes me happy to see that you also enjoyed the rooftop terrace of our sister Hotel Pulitzer next door. It's certainly amazing!
Should you wish to come back again, whether at the Regina or at any of our Pulitzer properties (Barcelona, Paris and Buenos Aires), do not hesitate to contact me. It will be my pleasure to attend your reservation!
Best regards and muchas gracias!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The location is great and the staff were very helpful. The staffs at the front desk were all very informative. They could tell me exactly where to go, what to see, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank shateq123
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your nice review! I'm really happy to read that we've been helpful and informative.
Best regards and muchas gracias!