“Excellent choice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #184 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

Myself and my fiancée stayed in this hotel from March 31st to April 1st this year and were very impressed. As I seen on this site that many people had praised the hotels location and there were very few disappointments I thought I will book it. Well I have to agree with you all - The Hotel Regina was Excellent, I sent the manager a mail that I found on this site "Jose" asking that if I booked the hotel would it be possible to get a balcony that looked over the junction and thats exactly what i got. Room was small but was perfect for two. The bar was very relaxing and the Location was well - Its all about Location location location and this has the best location ever. Top of La rambala in 2 minutes and 2 minutes to the Bus turstic main start and stop.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterLk
jmsanchez, General Manager at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 5 May 2009
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like just to thank you for your comments posted.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.
Jose Mª Sanchez-Harguindey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Northampton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

We stayed at the Regina for 3 nights in April based primarily on the excellent reviews on Tripavisor (Which we've used successfully many times).

I'm unsure whether we were extremely unlucky in the room we were allocated (107 - I recommend you avoid!) although the room bore little if any resemblance to the reviews we read or the literature the hotel has produced. The room was extremely small (we literally had to squeeze past the bed to walk past it), the air-conditioning ineffective (and April is not that warm!), we had no hot water the first day and the decor looked somewhat tired - lots of marks and chips on the walls etc.

Normally we'd complain and ask to move rooms or we'd check out but since we were there for a special occasion (my girlfriend's 30th) we just wanted a completely hassle-free stay and couldn’t face the grief. Ahead of the trip I'd e-mailed the manager to explain we were visiting as a treat and he offered to allocate us one of the best available rooms. Given that he had already given this his personal attention I felt even if we did complain we would likely get nowhere.

There were good points as well (great location, lots of toiletries etc) although in my view these are secondary to the overall room and experience.

As I said earlier, I've used Trip Advisor lots in the past and it's always been extremely reliable, this time though it seemed a long way off the mark based on what we saw. I think it's important you form your own opinions as to whether to book but my words of advice would be take the rave reviews and hype with a severe pinch of salt!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jmsanchez, General Manager at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 30 April 2009
Dear Madam/Sir,

First of all I would like to apologize with you for the room assigment. We try always to assign our best rooms available even more when it is a special ocassion however I do not know excatly what happened in your particular case because I personally wrote comments in your reservation about it.
In reference to the maintenance works in 107, we will sort the situation out shortly.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything else you may need from now onwards.
Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

Friendly and Pro Staff. Nice Lobby with Bar and separate Internet points. Fitnessroom included but in a near dislocaded place. Safe free. MiniBar. Big Flat LCD TV with many spanish, english, Rai1, ARD and Pro7. Free WiFi in Room. A bit noisy corridor doors are not good insulated. In our room we heard also our neighbors talking and .... ;-)
Recomanded nice place to have a business or travel stay in a busines class.

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind e-mail. I really appreciatte your comments regarding your stay at Regina and I apologize for the incidental due to the noise.

Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

Other have said it and I can only repeat - wonderful hotel in a great location. Add to that a dedication to customer service, from the GM on down, that cannot be beat! I highly recommend!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jmsanchez, General Manager at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 20 April 2009
Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your comment posted about your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you would like to visit us again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Regina. We were given a room on the second floor with a huge balcony overlooking the crossroads to the left of the hotel. We had booked the romantic package that this hotel and the Pulitzer offers for the first day, which includes a free bottle of Cava and a full continental breakfast the next morning, and so we spent the afternoon people-watching from the balcony, which was a perfect way to start our mini break!

The room and the bathroom were huge, the room was completely spotless and the beds very comfortable. Our continental breakfast was amazing and the room service staff very attentive, and we also had the buffet breakfast for our last day in the lobby where the staff remembered who we were from the day before which was a very friendly gesture. We also relaxed in the bar one evening with some snacks and some drinks which were very good value for money.

The only slight downside was that you could hear the Metro from our room quite easily, but it was easy to get used to and seems to be an issue with every hotel in the city. Prior to my stay at the Regina I was staying in the Alimara in the north of the city, miles out from the centre, and people complained about the noise of the traffic there too so I think it's unavoidable.

The location of the Regina is perfect - out of the tourist-trap of the Ramblas and close enough to the north of the main street for the Gaudi houses and the nicer restaurants. Metro stop Placa Catalunya is very close to the hotel and is easy to get to.

So overall, a 10/10 stay at the Regina!

2 Thank flyingporcupine
jmsanchez, General Manager at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 15 April 2009
Dear Madam/Sir,

I woudl like to thank you for all your comments about your stay, we really appreciatte them.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2009

This hotel is in the central of it all. From Las Rumbas street, to shopping, to great restaurants, the square, the port, historical district, Borne area and I am sure to be missing something. This hotel is so accessible to so much whether it is the bus to Guadi's park or the cathedral. This is a walk to everything hotel and steps from the Metro which is so easy to navigate. And that is coming from someone that is apprehensive in taking the subway in Manhattan. So don't be intimated!!
Hotel is helpful with anything needed. Rooms are spacious and clean same goes for bathrooms. Great value! Would recommend to anyone staying in Barcelona! Shh I did stay at their other hotel too...the Pulzer. Both are nice but Hotel Regina has bigger rooms which is a plus for me, everything was basically between the two unless you are the younger 20-30 age group who is looking for that posher feel pick Pultzer. Go to their websites they are true to what you will find upon arrival.
HUGE PLUS they offer free internet which GREAT and it is reliable...everyone loves free.
Helpful Hint: Ask to have a room further away from both the elevator and maids closet area. This will make for a quieter stay; with most hotels in Barcelona having paper thin walls take advantage of staying away from other noises.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank FrequentTraveler616
jmsanchez, General Manager at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 9 April 2009
Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your opinion and comments about your stay at Regina.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.
Northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights. I have stayed in Barcelona many times and this was one of the better hotels I have stayed in.

I was warmly welcomed. I had a double room with limited natural light and a long narrow bathroom. It was firnished in a modern style. The bed was most comfortable.

I ate breakfast in the hotel and had the odd drink at the bar. For the standard of hotel I felt the prices were reasonable and the quality of breakfast above average.

Reception staff were helpful when needed and the internet was handy.

It is superbly located just of Pl Catalunya and near the top of the Ramblas but a lot less noisy than if it was on it. Very convenient for the metro.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BasilsTravels
jmsanchez, General Manager at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, 27 March 2009
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to thank you for your comments posted. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit Barcelona again.