All reviewsbathroom glassseparate livinggreat locationsmall kitchenettesun decksliding doorenjoyed our staymodern roomsfour nightsthe ground floornice roompublic transportpleasant stayla ramblacomfortable bedlong weekendhotel is situated
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I booked that hotel from 27 to 31 October. Everything was found, but I got my luggage stolen in the lobby just before my departure to Barcelona airport. My passport, iPhone, Loewe bag, Tumi luggage were all stolen in the lobby. The hotel said nothing gonna be responsible for my loss except for one more night stay there. This hotel is very bad regarding the security and customer service. If you choose this hotel, you need to be careful about your personal property.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jordi M, Director de Recepción at Ako Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

We are really sorry about the inconveniences that the theft of your luggage from our lobby caused you.
It is necessary to remember that the current legislation considers the lobby of a hotel a public area, as restaurants, airports or pubs, so personal belongings shouldn’t be unattended and the owners are responsible for them. Despite the mentioned fact, we do our best to control people’s access to the hotel, and we even have a security key system so only guests can use the lift. However, it is almost impossible to avoid that somebody can access to the lobby in a busy moment, and take an unattended object, as it unfortunately happened to you. Understanding your complicated situation after the distraction, and obviating the non-liability of the hotel in what happened, we offered you a free night so you would have some time to solve the situation, offer that was accepted by you. What happened wasn’t caused by a lack of security in our lobby. Sadly, these situations can happen at any public area, and a hotel lobby is not an exception.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

When we last visited Barcelona several years ago we stayed in this hotel and loved it. This time, however, was not the same story. The neighborhood has deteriorated. Graffiti and sex shops are now on the street. Our room had massive red stains on the tile on the bathroom floor. Also, there are a lot of frosted glass walls and one of them was very shattered and dangerous. I told the front desk clerk, mainly because I wanted to make sure we weren't blamed for it. He just shrugged his shoulders. So, the kitchenette is a nice feature and the room is relatively quiet even facing the street, I was uncomfortable with the stained tile and broken glass. There don't seem to have been any updates to furnishings (couch had a tear in the cushion) and things have gotten shabby.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Stover-Roth
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I can advise thiis hotel if you are planing a trip to Barcelona and go sightseen.It has very comfortabie rooms with a good design.There is no restourant,bat they bring very delicious breakfasts to the room.In the neighborhood there are enough cafes and restourans to have lunch or dinner.
The hotel is located in the center ,just 10 minutes waik to the underground stashion,but at the same time it is quiet piace.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Jordi M, Director de Recepción at Ako Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear guest,

We want to thank you very much for taking some of your time to write a good comment about Ako Suite****.

For us is very important to read what you think about your experiencie in our accommodation. This is the best way we can know how to improve. We are very glad to know that you liked our hotel and our neghborhood. We think that our location is one our best strengths and it's great to read that you also think so.

It will be a pleasure to be your hotel again if you come back to Barcelona.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Due to mistakes made with an original booking at a different hotel in Barcelona we found ourselves desperately searching for a place to stay. I'm so glad we found Akos Suite Hotel. We booked online at 10am, turned up at 11am and the staff went out of their way to get a family room available for us as quickly as possible. The rooms are big, beds are really comfortable, theirs a little cooker and fridge. We couldn't hear any of the rooms next door or above. Our twins preferred the little swimming pool on the 7th floor to swimming in the Mediterranean! I absolutely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stayed at this hotel/suite for 5 nights in July, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Check in - Opened 24hrs, staff were friendly (spoke fluent English) check in was very quick and easy. I don't recommend asking some staff for directions.....on two occasions we were sent the wrong way :) They do have maps though so I would read from the map.
Great security in the hotel, cant use the lifts without your room card.
Room - We had 1 room for 4 of us, its perfect and 10/10 for the cleanliness! Could not fault the room, small kitchenette if you need it, two tvs in the room, the sofa converted into a double bed (wasn't the most comfortable) but the main bed is. I would ask for more pillows though! The pillows are thin! Room cleaning was done daily, and done really well! No complaints from me! Lovely big bath and shower.
Pool area - The pool is small yes, (you can see that from the photos) I can see that in winter it would be FREEZING as in summer it was still cold but it was hot so it was refreshing, I think a few more sun loungers would be beneficial and the towels restocking would be ideal. My children loved the pool.
Location - Good location, close to shops, Metro (buy a t10 pass, which allows 10 rides)
*The café across the road -BEAM is great for breakfast, pancakes are amazing as is the musli and yoghurt!

Room Tip: The road noise on a Friday/Sat night can be loud, pick a room at the back of the hotel if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family