“Neighborhood Feeling”

Ranked #296 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I spent 6 days in Barcelona on a business trip. I felt like I was living the good life in Spain. The AC Victoria is located in a upscale apartment neighborhood and was very convenient. Access to the public transportation to take you downtown was only a 5 minute walk away. Many reasonably priced local restaurants and shopping was close by. The room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I felt like I could live there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael I

Reviewed 12 June 2013

This was a great hotel to stay at, although it is a little bit away from the downtown area of Barcelona. It's about 5 or 6 metro stops from the Las Ramblas area. We actually really enjoyed the fact that this hotel is away from all the hustle and bustle because it is super quiet and nestled in with local condos. It is near Camp Nou (Soccer Stadium) and the University. At night after all the sightseeing we would settle down on the balcony drinking a beer and just relax, preparing for the next day. The complementary mini fridge is stocked daily, with water, pop, juice and beer. Yes folks, even beer! Very clean, spacious rooms with free wifi downstairs in the lobby. Breakfast was good, 20 euros I believe, especially the coffee, fantastic.

Room Tip: Breakfast was an extra 20 Euros, but since there wasn't much around the hotel in terms of locati...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
acvictoriasuites, Director General at AC Hotel Victoria Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel.

I'm glad you mention that you enjoyed our complimentary minibar because it gives me the opportunity to make a clarification as it has now changed: minibar content used to be complimentary until December 2012. In it there was water and some refreshments. Many guests suggested we add snacks, so we decided to improve our minibar offer with more beverages and varied salted and sweet snacks for a reasonable fee. Coffee and tea still are complimentary. Some of our regular guests miss it being complimentary, but most actually appreciate the wider offer. Next time you visit, you will be able to enjoy a beer together with some peanuts for a fair price. We hope you will appreciate it!

I would also like to point out that wireless internet is offered for free in the lounge and the business corner, and that there is of course also wifi in every room for a fee. We have configured in a way which is satisfying for our guests:for only 12€, you can connect yourself for 24 hours during 2 full days. Also, with the same password, more than one device can be connected. So if there is two people sharing the room, they can both connect themselves simoultaneously.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a great hotel location, if you're visiting Barcelona for the Camp Nou, the home of Barcelona FC. For a city location, it's not ideal, however close by, about 10-15minute walking time, there are stops for all the tour buses, the tram, local buses and the metro. A lovely clean city, good transport, good hotel facilities. An excellent weekend!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We preferred this hotel for being close to the university last week. They upgraded us to a suit room for the same price which was very kind. This is a business hotel near the university and it takes you max 10 minutes to walk to the departments. Wireless service was available at the lobby and staff was very kind. We received free coffee and tea everyday at the kitchenette. If you are going for a business meeting I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Feza K
acvictoriasuites, Director General at AC Hotel Victoria Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel. I would like to point out that wireless internet is offered for free in the lounge and the business corner, and there is of course also wifi in every room. In the rooms however, connection is for a fee. We have configured in a way which is satisfying for our guests:for only 12€, you can connect yourself for 24 hours during 2 full days. Also, with the same password, more than one device can be connected. So if there is two people sharing the room, they can both connect themselves simoultaneously.

You also mention that coffee and tea were given complimentary every day in the room. I'm glad you mention it because it gives me the opportunity to make a clarification: minibar content used to be complimentary until December 2012. In it there was water and some refreshments. Many guests suggested we add snacks, so we decided to improve our minibar offer with more beverages and varied salted and sweet snacks for a reasonable fee. Coffee and tea still are complimentary as you indeed say. Some of our regular guests miss it being complimentary, but most actually appreciate the wider offer. We hope you did too!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2013

A fantastic nice hotel in Barcelona but it´s all a question of what you look for and the reason for your visit. Leisure? Maybe a bit off, business in the neighborhood, pefect! The location is a bit off but there are a Subwaystation close to the Hotel so maybe the distance won´t be a problem for you. Nice staff and all services i asked for was done with a smile.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank bjoerne
Reviewed 24 February 2013

In the last 12 days, I've stayed in 4 different hotels and this one is far my favorite one. I was visiting ESADE Business School so the school booked 3 nights for me in this hotel. I'm glad they picked AC Victoria Suites. From the moment I walked in, everything was great. 2 people who have been working at the reception were always friendly and helpful with a smile. In fact, my every encounter with a staff member was delightful as they always looked ready to help.

As of the room, I simply loved it. It was one of the most elegant hotel rooms I've ever seen in a while (within this caliber of hotels). For some reason, I hate it when they put carpets in the hotel rooms because they are never clean enough and with the guest turnover I understand that it's a difficult job to keep them clean. So when I find a hotel room with no carpet but instead with beautiful hardwood floors, I simply love it. And that was the case with AC Victoria Suites and with their design choices the room also looked simply chic.
Also, minibar and coffee in my room were complimentary. I don't know if this is a hotel policy or something ESADE paid on my behalf but if it is the first then such a great service by the hotel.

Nowadays, many hotels in Europe will offer limited free WIFI service. Such service will only suffice for basic web, you can't even use built-in email applications with that kind of service. You can only check your emails through a browser. But what AC Victoria Suites offer is a regular high quality WIFI service, which was also refreshing.

The breakfast was delicious.

The location of the hotel is good too. I'm sure there are nicer hotels in the center of the city and AC Victoria is a bit outside of the center. But it was fairly to close to a metro station (L3 line) and there were also shops and few restaurants in the neighborhood. Even though I stayed here for business purposes, I'd definitely come back here as a tourist.

Overall, I would certainly recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I advise sincerely to all travelers no stay at this property. I stayed during the Christmas hoiday and it my stayed became a nightmare. First of all, I suffered from allergies to chemicals and dust so I usually ask for special cleaning. However the hotel did absolubtely mpnothing to make my stay comfortable, when I arrived to my room it could not have been distort, so I complain and no apologies were given. I was told that the housekeeping person in charge was going to go and clean the room. I kindly asked the lady if she had clean the breadboard that was full of dust and she said just what I could reach with my hand, upset I kept quite to avoid further problems, but of course you cannot deep clean a room in five minutes and specially with that attitude. The front desk person did nit say nothing to her comments.

Since I had a terrible night sleep due to their lack to accommodate my needs I decided to move to another property after two nights, I am glad I did because the hotel had been overcharging us for the third person 48€ per night, I received my confirmation through Internet and it I stated we were a group of three and my bill did not show this charge. I have contacted the hotel through the Marriott customer service line to see if they can void this charge but up to today they have done nothing but ignore my request. If they are going to change their rates after yo arrived at their property i will advise them no to give you a writen quote to avoid this kind of misunderstanding. I feel I have been treated unfairly and that the property is not a for star hotel but a 2 star. Please think twice about staying at this hotel. I would highly recommend you to stay in las ramblas.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ana D
acvictoriasuites, Director General at AC Hotel Victoria Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Dear guest,

One often hears in the hospitality sector that a guest/client is always right. This is often so but not always. This is one of the cases where I'm in disagreement with this statement.

We never change prices to a confirmed reservation, that would not be professional. It is our chain's policy to charge a supplement of 48€ if there is a third adult (person older than 12 years old) in a room. You can check this information in the website.

Furthermore, this information is clearly shown during the booking process, it is stated in the booking confirmation sent to the guests email address and again it is informed in the Welcome Form which every guest signs, agreeing to its terms, during the check-in process.

I have very recently answered to a similar request through our Marriott Customer Service Department. I have in no way ignored the request, I am simply not accepting it because after having checked both your booking confirmation and the Welcome Form you had signed, the charge for the extra adult was clearly informed and agreed with your sign. I sent this documents scanned to you in my email response.

I have informed myself with our housekeeping department regarding your comments on the special cleaning needs. They can remember well the case and they have told me that shortly after you asked for an extra cleanning service, a housekeeper went to your room to attend you and review the room again. After a brief review, this employee considered that the room was thoroughly clean. I'm sorry that this service did not cover your expectations. I take note of this episode and will comment on it with my associates.

Best regards,