“Chosen by Cruise line”

Ranked #37 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Wenatchee, Washington
“Chosen by Cruise line”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel was one of three hotels to choose from suggested by our Cruise Line. After disembarking from our ship in Barcelona, we were transported to this hotel as part of a package. Very good choice! Great location, close to shopping, subway, hop on hop off bus and the other major tourist sites in the city. Service was good, but everything was handled by the Cruise Line. Any further trips we would probably stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
932722083, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gallery Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Kflyfish,
Thank you very much for your review. We are so happy you had a nice stay with us and in our city.
We hope to see you soon again!
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed at the Gallery Hotel for 1 night per cruise and 1 night post cruise. I am so glad I booked the same hotel for the post cruise night. The hotel itself is very nice and it's location is excellent. Customer service was very nice and we had no issues. We booked through booking.com and had a room with free wifi and free minibar. Both were a nice touch. I have honestly never seen so many tolietries provided - razor, comb, feminine products, all the gels, shampoo etc, kleenex, shoe shine sponge, toothbrush / toothpaste. Minibar was well stocked 2 cokes, diet coke, 2 beers, 3 juice, 2 waters and chips, candy etc. Air Conditioning was wonderful this hot time of year in Barcelona. The hotel was very well located to the metro diagonal stops and there was a taxi stand on the corner so we avoided the extra cost of them calling a taxi. For both stays we arrived early in the day (9 am) and our rooms were ready which was really nice. After the first stay they stored our bags with no problem. I suggest not buying the breakfast as there is a bakery across the street that was open early even on Saturday and was wonderful.

I would stay there again and am recommending it to friends for their trip in August.

Room Tip: Loved the room on the front as the view of the street was very nice and we heard no noise from the s...
Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TZbeach
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My stay at the Gallery was rather extended. I had selected it on the basis of description, location and reviews. Location was primordial as I was not in Barcelona for a holiday but for work. The Gallery was ideally placed for me. It is in between Ramblas de Calalunya and Passeo de Gracia, but high up enough not to be noisy. Also, it is meters away for the metro.

I had no problem at all with the staff who were consistently helpful and pleasant. Tiny problems were resolved immediately.

My room was very comfortable and my bathroom quite large and well-stocked. I was surprised that the room wasn't noisier as it overlooked the street. The street is rather quiet + there are double windows (not glazing but two windows).
The wifi works well. It sometimes indicates overload and requests to come back later, but the problem is solved in minutes.

I did not make use of the breakfast discount. There are countless bars and bakeries that provide excellent coffee and baked goods, some of them very close.

I only went up to the terrace once. The pool is tiny. Dipping will be fine but didn't expect to swim in it. Five strokes and that's it.

The one thing I didn't really like is the brasserie/café/lounge. It is located beside the hotel and although it is not unpleasant, it really does look as if it's been set up in a converted garage or something. The area in the open air at the far end is not used for a terrace but looks rather dilapidated. Not a good look.

I would like to use this platform to remind fellow guests that not everyone in Barcelona comes from across another continent. Some of us do not suffer from jet lag and are quite ready to go to sleep at continental European hours. I had a selection of guests in the next room that obviously had trouble sleeping. I am now almost fluent in Brazilian portuguese or Argentinian spanish. I also know a lot more about NYC and a place called Durham somewhere in the US than I knew when I arrived. ;-)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Imforestgirl,
Many thanks for you review, for us it is very important to know opinion of our guests.
The cafe/lounge that you mentioned in the review it is a Bar located outdoors, but the terrace it is another space located just in front of the Restaurant.
We hope to welcoming you again,
Sincerely

Nuria Verdaguer
Babylon, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here in June, 2013. It's located in a great neighborhood, Eixample. Close to all but not too close to the late night party scene. Very nice rooms with a very helpful staff. Great restaurants within walking distance. Metro stop on the corner. Recommended to all. My only "complaint" was that the fitness center and gym were closed for renovations when we were there. That would have had less of an impact on my opinion if I was told in advance.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KevinG1957
Brighton
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed at the Gallery hotel in June during the Sonar music festival, so it was an expensive time to be staying in Barcelona, and the rates at this hotel reflected that. I had booked a four night deal through travel zoo, which included lots of extras (breakfast, free mini bar, late check out, room upgrade etc), but when I arrived at the hotel at 10 pm after a nightmare of a journey, I was told that I had booked a room only rate despite having a print out of a booking confirmation listing the travel zoo deal clearly, An extremely uncomfortable conversation with the staff ensued, I was repeatedly told that I had not selected the travel zoo deal option when booking, and that 'this confusion has happened before'. The hotel staff took absolutely no responsibility what so ever, getting travel zoo on the phone for me to argue with, whilst they stood & watched. I ended up with a small refund from Perfect Escapes, who where the company behind the travel zoo deal, but negotiating this took an entire morning of my stay, and a huge amount of stress. The hotel itself is nice, in a good location near some lovely shops and restaurants, near to the metro etc, but the terrible customer service ruined my stay (along with the drilling on the floor above at 8 am each morning where they are installing a pool). An expensive and disappointing mistake, had it not been one of the busiest weekends of the year in Barcelona and the fear that I wound not get any of my money back, I would've found an alternative hotel.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel if you want to stay here, as communication between the hotel and extern...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank karenmanghan
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Spent 4 nights at that hotel. nothing special. very rude staff. arrogant and do not care about anything. first our morning at the hotel ( we came at night) clearner came to our room WITHOUT even a short "knock-knock" at our door. we were sleeping because it was quit early. so got a true shock after such behavior .
very "tired" hotel. furniture at the holl is just terrible. it is not antique ,dear owners so you would still keep it and proud by having it .would be really great if you would change it. almost the same about the rooms. furniture also is in a very bad quality.
Location is good, but - if you want to have a nice emotions better avoid that place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Let's start with the location - very well positioned in a charming street in Eixample neighborhood, close to many excellent restaurants, shops and subway stations.
Staff is very nice and extra helpful, public areas look beautiful and very well maintained. I booked a Deluxe Room, which is actually a 1 Bedroom Suite (you can close the door and separate the living-room from the room), quite roomy and very tastefully decorated! 2 televisions, nice minibar, sofa bed in the living room and nice amenities. Bathroom isn't that big, but doesn't compromise comfort. I got atrium view, but since I didn't spend that much time in the room, it didn't matter - but I believe they have city view in this category.
Breakfast is not to die for, but quite good and has some variety. They were about to open a swimming pool, which will be a great plus. Even with the remodeling happening, I wasn't bothered with noises.
For what they charge I doubt you will find better value in Barcelona. Would definitely stay there again and can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends