“Fantastic hotel with great vibe”
Review of Gallery Hotel

Gallery Hotel
Ranked #29 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 1 August 2014

After reviewing recommendations from friends in Australia we also considered the reviews on trip advisor for this hotel. We were not disappointed. It is the hotel to stay at. Location is great, service is amazing, the overal atmosphere of the hotel is excellent. We felt so comfortable with our stay here, loved siting on roof top drinking cava or iced tea. Absolute recommendation. Well done team at the gallery hotel, thanks for making our stay so easy.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Nicole G
Núria V, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Nicole,
Thank you for your fantastic comments about the Hotel. We are glad to know that all the hotel facilities and staff meet all your expectations, that you spent a magnificent time in Barcelona and that you had the chance to taste all the culture of the country.
We are looking forward to seeing you again in your next visit.
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Gallery Hotel

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Really pleased with the quality of service provided throughout our 4-day stay. Staff at the reception desk could not have been more helpful, room serviced to a very high standard, and restaurant (breakfast) catering very good. Special words of praise for reception staff who handled check-in and departure efficiently, took trouble to take us along to an excellent local restaurant on our late arrival, and generally were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert_pyper1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review. We are very happy to know that you had a good time with us and that you could make the most out of your trip in Barcelona. We sent to our Reception team your kind comments about the helpful service.
We hope to see you soon again in Barcelona,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

What a great hotel. I work in the travel industry and I get to stay and hear about many hotels, this hotel is going straight to the top of my recommendation list for Barcelona. It is great value for money here and everything from the staff to the rooms and the roof top pool is lovely. Also the bar prices and food is very reasonable, we upgraded to a suite and it really made our stay extra special. We were 3 friends celebrating two of our birthdays and we had an amazing time in Barcelona and will be back. Ask the hotel for restaurant recommendations as they were spot on, the Italian just down from the hotel was good and there is also some good restaurants on the street in front of the hotel. We used the metro 1 minute walk and also the bus to get to the beach and they were both efficient and cheap. The hotel booked the hop on hop off bus for us and also the Sagrida Familia which meant no queuing for tickets. Breakfast at the hotel was limited but fine and my only negative was they needed more staff on to keep the food topped up and the tables cleared. There is a lovely bakery which is very cheap close to the hotel and I would recommend lunch or brunch to be taken here. We also had a mini bar in the room which was meant to be topped up every two days but it wasn't at all during our stay which was disappointing but not essential for us. I would defiantly recommend staying at this hotel and will be coming back as overall this hotel was in a good location and worked out good value for money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lozzac

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. All our staff appreciates your kind comments and is very happy to know that not only did you have a comfortable and pleasant stay at the hotel but you enjoyed and spent a wonderful time visiting Barcelona and all its unique attractions.
Again, thank you very much. Reviews like this make all our hard work worth-while. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again in your next visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I came from São Paulo / Brazil, via Royal Marroco Airlines and made a conection flight at Casablanca to Barcelona / Catalunya.
First impression of the city : huge, really clean with the beautiful and friendly people.
Second impression: the hotel with the most gentle, sofisticated and discret crew that i've ever met in my whole life!!!!!!!
Third and the most important point: at the Gallery i felt like home : beauty and elegance at every detail, simplicity to find everything that provides me an nice lay days and the clima that is the best during summer days or nights!!!!
I pretty much had the finest and joyfull days of my life here!!!!
A special thank's to this awsome crew : Victor, Ricardo, David, Silvia, Gilberto, Sebastien , Gilberto, and all the fantástic staff that are now just like friends to me!!!!
Thank's a lot again and hoping to visit you as sono as possible again,
Congratulations,
Ana Carolina Machado Corrêa

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ana Carolina C
Núria V, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Ana,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. At Gallery Hoteles, making you feel at home is our main policy in the hotel so good reviews’ letting us know we’ve achieved one of our majors’ goals makes all our hard work worth-while, thank you. In addition, all our staff appreciates your comforting comments and is very happy to know that not only did you have a comfortable and pleasant stay at the hotel but you enjoyed and spent a wonderful time visiting Barcelona and all its wonderful and unique attractions.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a great hotel that we very much enjoyed

However, better management could make it better. We waited ten minutes to check in because the receptionist was on the phone(!!!) She then announced to the whole lobby what our room number was --> this is a big fault in terms of security. A cleaner came into the room while we were there, forgetting to knock first. These are things that could be avoided with better training and supervision.

On the good side, we enjoyed the gym and the pool area when it wasn't crowded. Avoid late in the day. The hotel is situated close to a taxi stand. Most of the staff was very friendly. Check out was fast and well done.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate receiving feedback from our guests. We take all your opinion seriously and would like to take the opportunity to apologize for not feeling well attended during your check in, for the lack of sensibility when giving your room number and for the unexpected intrusion of the cleaner. We would like you to know that we take every comment about our staff very seriously, and it is very important for us that all our guests feel completely welcomed.
Notwithstanding, we are happy to know that despite all that, you found the good side of the hotel and you could enjoy of our installations, service and location.

We are sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Being that it was myself and my husbands first time in Barcelona, we did not know what to expect. Well, let me tell you, this hotel overall & its location exceeded our expectations! We arrived around noon time and not only was our room ready, but we received an upgraded room with a restocked mini bar every few days ! The location of this hotel was amazing. We only took a taxi one time which was to the beaches during our one week stay. We purchased a 2-day hop-on hop-off bus pass which was fabulous as it allows you to really get a feel for the city and it is a great means of transportation. There was a stop for the bus within minutes of the hotel. The walk to Las Ramblas and Boqueria was just about a 15-20 minute walk which was great. The staff at the hotel were all very helpful. I enjoyed the breakfasts very much and I would definitely recommend this hotel to those traveling to Barcelona. H

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley V

Dear Ashley,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us some review. We are glad to know that all the hotel services, installations and facilities met your expectations and that you spent a magnificent time in Barcelona and had the chance to taste all the culture of the country.

Thank you again for recommending the hotel and if you ever come back to Barcelona, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be delighted to have you again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

From the moment I arrived by taxi from the airport and leaving 1st class service.

When we pulled out side the hotel the door to the taxi was opened they took my case etc. I booked in but my room was not ready so they called up to service and tried to get my room within 1 hour early. all this time I was happy to be in the air condition lobby with lovely surrounding lights a 3 piece sofas etc. than my room was ready and the took me up stairs to my room first class.

My room as you can see was nice over looking the main street but you could not hear the noise, also my room had air condition a must!

The only thing I would have liked is to be able to open the window and look out! but that was not the end.

Now is the room clean and around the hotel yes 10/10

Like to thank my son for recommending me this hotel he works there
And they had a function at this hotel.

Events Officer at British Chamber of Commerce in Spain 2014 part of his 3rd year at Uni. they do a good job to get businesses together and around the world.

Lovely little swimming pool up stairs did not go in but if I had more time there would have the only thing I did not like is the smoking but this is nothing to do with the hotel it is just who ever is seating or relaxing at the time as cigs are so cheap in Barcelona!

Breakfast staff 10/10 Food 7/10 the area were you help yourself to the eggs were
warm more attention please to this area.

Also when you go on the first floor to the toilets (male) cleanliness as you go in 10/10 but the area round the bowls smell 5/10

But overall 1st class hotel.

My shower had no pressure at all I like my showers I have been years ago 2 star hotels with more power?

Get those 3 items and you will be 10/10 now 8/10 for me I love my food and breakfast is the start of the day eggs! 2 days running!

Like to thank the young lady that made me American black coffee.

Would I stay here again yes yes yes

Snack bar wear the swimming pool was 1st class service well done.

Front desk first class service.

Also had a small gym wow I wish I known!

Hope to be back want my hot eggs!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ianianian

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, we really appreciate it. We are happy to hear that, overall, the facilities, service and installations of the hotel were of your taste. We are sorry to know about the window issue but it is this way due to safety regulations, furthermore, we will take into consideration all your hotel weaknesses comments to work hard and keep improving our hotel in order to make all our guests feel at home.

Thank your for recommending the hotel and we hope to see you soon again.