“Very Good Rooms & Location”

Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center
Ranked #57 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay in this hotel ! Breakfast buffet was quite nice so were the room service foods ! The rooms were well maintained & are of good size ! Only thing they need to improve is on hyr attending to guest calls on queries ... The response time was very slow ! The phone would keep ringing & then when picked up the staff is not very well informed :(
Overall great place to stay

• Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Great hotel very clean with big rooms, my only gripe was the travel to las rambles and other sights around Barcelona! Having said that it is such a big place that you probably couldn't get central for all of the sights. Very near to magic fountains, Olympic village, montjuic and placa de espanya.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

It started off badly when hotel took no notice of my husband's special request for my birthday treat, he asked for high floor we were put on ground floor with next doors air conditioning unit rattling away outside, so requested a move which they did within the hour were given room on third floor good sized room clean and tidy .
Breakfast next morning was cold , went out for a days sight seeing came back for siesta before going out for a nice birthday meal, room had not been touched so can you imagine how embarrassing it was to be awoken with someone trying to get in our room ,just glad we had put the chain on , reception had booked someone else in our room,they were equally embarrassed with the situation,my husband went down to speak to the duty manager who was very apologetic offered to move us but a third move not a chance,he was told very sorry we didn't listen to your request and realise it was your wife's birthday we will do something special in your room for when you return and book you into the restaurant tomorrow for a special free meal to apologize for the upset, so out we went for a lovely meal came back wait for it nothing !!just the bed made.
Next morning breakfast looked better but still cold ,went out sight seeing again got back to shower and clean up ready for my special meal , imagine my horror to be told it's a buffet help yourself well after short conversation we went out for another lovely meal out ,not very pleased with the hotel ,came back to an apologetic note off management bottle of cava and some petite fours very nice but by this stage we had had enough ,next morning had toast gave up expecting hot breakfast checked out ,Barcelona we loved the city and will return but not to this hotel , as I've read business hotel and agree ,oh plus only one small bottle of water for a three nights stay one tea cup,one coffee cup a total joke we told reception it was set up for one person but nothing changed ,very disappointed crowne plaza must try harder.

Room Tip: If you want to stay here high room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Pauline F,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We deeply regret the poor experience and negative impressions you may have had.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the bed, bedding and breakfast. Bathroom large, clean and new. Breakfast has many options and was very nice. Restaurant in hotel was excellent! Staff not helpful or excited about helping tourists find sights. They were helpful (although not friendly) in providing adaptor and other things I forgot to pack.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CDC118
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here recently and the hotel was very clean and nice, I stayed in one of the deluxe rooms so if you do so they offer a free breakfast buffet, which was very good and they also offer you snacks and free drinks throughout the day too!! I have to say though the A/C in the building is terrible, even in your room, I was uncomfortable and hot throughout my stay here, I'm glad it was for only one night, besides that and the dinner buffet they offer in the lobby restaurant that I paid for was not very good at all. Everything else was fine and it is a short walk to the magic fountains, which was great!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jennifer D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Jennifer D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear that you liked our clean facility and complimentary breakfast buffet. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product. I am sorry about the problem with air conditioning unit in your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort it may have caused you. Your comments have been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very much a business hotel so somewhat impersonal, but excellently equipped. Rooms are substantial with huge TV, plenty of storage and good bathroom with separate shower and bath and decent array of fairtrade toiletries. Breakfasts are no more, and no less, than expected of a chain hotel of this standard. Level of soundproofing in the rooms is sub standard however. Great free entertainment every night at the Font Magica five minutes walk away and the miles of beaches of Barceloneta are easily accessible by the D20 bus down Avenida Parallel: bit slower than the Metro but takes you right to the beach.

Room Tip: The higher the better for views over the city.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank DougF45
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed there for 5 nights in July. It was my first visit to Spain so I didn't know what to expect. But what I have experienced with this hotel was truly exceeding my expectations.

First of all, the lobby is HUGE (both in breath, depth and height) and with many comfortable chairs and tasteful decor. Everything is shiny and new, with fancy lighting (natural and manmade), creating a true 5-star feel. It is excellent to hold a conference there as people will have plenty of space to sit and chat with each other.

Second, the room is very spacious. I had a queen-size bed, a very long curved desk (enough to have two people sit side-by-side), and two large single-person sofas with a coffee table, and a magazine table. The decor and furniture are modern, simple (straight lines), and pleasing to the eye.

Third, the bathroom is very bright and large, with a tub and a separate shower. It has a toilet and a bidet, in a separate compartment enclosed with frosted glass doors. The shower has a removable hosed shower head as well as a ceiling mounted shower head.

It has a few other nice extras: daily free snacks (chocolates and biscotties), a safe that is large enough to put my 15" Mac Book Pro in, and nice bathrobes and soft slippers. It has a small coffee maker (I think it might make expressos too, but I never used it) and a electric pot for heating water. I like this because unlike in other hotels, my tea can finally taste like tea and not like coffee.

Finally the location is superb. It's about 8-10 min walk from Pl. Espanya. I took A1 bus (5.90 euros one way) from airport and got to Pl. Espanya in one stop (about 20 minutes) and then walked to the hotel. It was a nice walk too -- you can marvel at all the grand architectural structures around you. Pl. Espanya is a big transport hub, linking buses, metros and trains in Barcelona, so getting anywhere using public transportation is very convenient! The A1 bus comes every 5 minutes or so most of the time during the day.

The hotel is also convenient located at the foot of a few charming gardens (Jardines du Laribal, etc.) so very convenient if you want to have a walk or jog in the park.

From the hotel, you can also walk to a few museums and theatres, including Teatre Lliure and Teatre Grec, the open-area theatre that is most charming. I went to a Jazz/Flamenco concert at the Teatre Grec and was absolutely enchanted.

The hotel's restaurant opens until 11pm, but after that, you can try out the small restaurant right next door to the hotel. It's nothing to write home about, but it is also reasonably priced. I think it opens all night...

The only complaint I have is the sound isolation of the hotel room could be improved a bit. It's located on a quiet street, so no street noise, but I can hear people talking in the hall way very clearly.

Overall, it was a wonderful and convenient hotel. Try look for deals for this hotel. (I got a great deal from Hotwire.)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business