Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
£167
Nicole M
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom

Would return tomorrow, fab stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Apr 2024via mobile
Booked this hotel as a surprise for my boyfriend’s 30th birthday for a long weekend.
The location is great! In walking distance of everything, especially close to the marina and gothic quarter but las ramblas also only a matter of minutes away. Our room was spotless every day and staff were super kind and helpful; I emailed the staff ahead of time and they were understanding and accommodating of the nature of the surprise (multiple rooms booked) and made every effort to ensure my partner did not know we had other rooms booked. They even left him a little cake and a printed birthday message on his birthday (which was a lovely gesture).
We did not have breakfast.
I would 100% return here.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Uber drivers did not seem to want to drop off / pick up directly outside the hotel. Taxis...
, Dueño at Hesperia Barcelona Barri Gòtic, responded to this review
Responded 9 Apr 2024
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our Hotel Hesperia Barri Gòtic.
We are glad to know that the overall experience in our Hotel has your expectations. These types of comments allow us to improve our service every day and I will share your kind comments with the team.
£350
    £125
2.2 miles from Hesperia Barcelona Barri Gòtic
Beachfront
View more hotels in Barcelona
All reviews gothic quarter nice hotel central location euros bakery
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 March 2024 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend. The room was small but clean. Shower and toilet area were a good size though. I’ve stayed in bigger , better hotels but you are paying for the location with this one. Right in the heart of the Gotic zone with all the good bars and restaurants. Also a handy shop across the road that is open all day and until late at night. I would stay here again but would upgrade my room for a bigger size next time.It always smelt clean in the hotel and the receptionists were really nice and helpful.

Date of stay: March 2024
Management response:Responded 27 March 2024

Dear Guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you have spent in giving us your feedback about your recent stay with us.
We are glad to know that your experience in our Hotel was positive and has met your expectations.
Thank you for sharing those things you think we can improve in our Hotel, I have already taken note of them in order to improve our guests experience in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2024

Nice clean hotel Tiny Balcony in room but good for brekkie or coffee and people watching Bit noisy outside at night but excellent double/triple glazing so room was quiet. You can buy a continental brekkie with plenty of food and tea and coffee and bring it to your room. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room 😋 Friendly Staff

Date of stay: March 2024
Management response:Responded 24 March 2024

Reviewed 29 January 2024 via mobile

Friendly receptionist. Very quiet hotel. Clean room and bathroom.
Crisp, starched sheets on a very comfortable bed. Big pillows.
Complementary large bottle of water each day, but no fridge in the room. There is a safe.
Location was fine for us (two male adults over for a match), at the southern edge of the rather grotty Barrio Gòtic. I’d look to stay somewhere else if travelling with my wife.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank pgbDublin
Management response:Responded 30 January 2024

Reviewed 18 December 2023

The location of this hotel is great if you are tourist - I walked from the metro with my suitcases and it is an easy 5 min walk; it was nice to be close to the water as well as the gotic quarter. The hotel itself is very clean, rooms have everything you need although they are a bit on the small side. I had a large piece of luggage and it was difficult to move around the room with it in it. My room did had a very cute balcony and it was awesome to sit and people watch; just wish there was good in room coffee machines. There is a lot of noise from the street so be prepared to be awakened throughout the night by drunk people yelling and fighting. The heating in the room worked well but the tv didn't. Shower pressure was great!

As a solo female traveler, I always ask for rooms on higher floors for security reasons. This hotel told me I would have to pay extra for a room above the first floor. I kept room originally assigned to me but at least the first floor is high off the street and wasn't much of a problem, except for the noise.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Management response:Responded 20 December 2023

Reviewed 11 August 2023

We loved this hotel. The staff were so friendly and looked after our suitcases on day of arrival and departure. I loved the room and was very clean on arrival. Hotel was in a perfect position to do everything on our break. We would definitely come back. O'rourkes x

Date of stay: July 2023