Expo Hotel Barcelona
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$267
Grand Hotel Central(Barcelona)
US$552
US$491
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$220
US$172
  • Restaurant
H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$378
US$325
getaroom.com
2,948 results
All reviewssants stationrooftop barmain stationsun loungersconvenient locationtop floorthird floortourist buscity breaksmall poollocation is excellentlas ramblassagrada familiabalconyairportfountaintarragona
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed in the Expo Hotel recently with family. The hotel itself is only 5 minutes away from the Sants train station so really easily accessed from the airport. In our group there was 5 adults and 3 children so we took 3 rooms for 4 nights. When we arrived at the hotel we were offered rooms immediately but they would be all on different floors or if we were willing to wait we could have 3 rooms on the same floor and all beside each other, so we decided on the later. We were able to leave our bags in reception and we took off for a bite to eat. On our return our rooms were ready, the rooms were basic but very clean, they suited our needs perfectly.
The bar on the top floor was excellent and offered a wide range of drinks and had a great bar food menu which was served late into the evening, the quality of the bar food menu was superb.
This was a great area to relax in after a day of sightseeing
The hotel is also really child friendly and I cannot praise the staff enough, each and every one of the staff were really friendly and would go out of there way to help. To the delight of our children there was a pool on top of the hotel which was perfect for dealing with the heat in the afternoon.
I would really recommend this hotel to someone visiting Barcelona for a short stay..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is now the 5th time I've stayed here, the service and standard of the hotel is still excellent. Staff are very friendly, rooms are always clean and the prices are very reasonable given the location.

If you do stay here, the easiest way to get from the airport is via the train, which runs every 20 minutes from Terminal 2 to Sants station. Get a T10 ticket, (giving 10 journeys on the train & underground) will cost you approx. 9 euro's. A taxi each way will cost approx. 25 euro's.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the building to ensure views down to Plaza Espanya and also across to Montjuic. Rooms at the end of the hotel can also see the Sagrada Familia, cathedral in the distance.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gary T
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We arrived early and thankfully were allowed to check-in. We were provided with a room not to our liking and were told we could switch after additional rooms had been vacated. After sightseeing we came back and were given another room, without a problem. I only ate once at the hotel and the food and staff were great. Our room was clean and the cleaning staff were very accommodating. We had a room with a wonderful view. I also had a chance to enjoy the view from the rooftop terrace/restaurant. The only caveat is the noise from the rooftop.

Room Tip: Don't select a room on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2013

A delayed train arrival meant my wife and her friend were checking in to a full hotel I had booked for them at about 10.30pm on a Saturday night, so what happened next will probably come as no surprise. They were allocated a twin room on the top floor, right next to the rooftop pool and bar, which on reflection was probably a staff room. After they realised they were not going to sleep, because of the noise from the bar and the electrical equipment outside their window, they managed to get two small single rooms on a lower floor instead, but this did spoil their stay since it was now well after midnight and they had been travelling all day from London. On the plus side the staff were very helpful about changing the room and the hotel was close to the Sants station and very clean. The view from the rooftop bar probably justified the expensive gin and tonics! On another occasion they would probably have enjoyed a better experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the same top floor as the pool and the bar.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed here for my boyfriends birthday for the first time from the 20th - 22nd October and I was very impressed. I am very hard to please but this hotel was lovely. The hotel staff were great throughout my time here and I would definitely go back. They even brang up a birthday cake for my boyfriend which I thought was lovely. The only bad point I can think of is the roof top pool wasn't what I thought it was but then again I did go at the end if October!

Room Tip: Rooms are very noisy at night
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple