“Great location, great facilities, could do with more smiles on faces of the staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Barcelo Sants

Barcelo Sants
Ranked #111 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersGold level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel just last week for 3 nights. Overall it was a pleasant stay however there were a few small disappointments!

Staff were helpful however not the friendliest of people. When we reached we had no help with our baggage to the room (even though we had 2 bags on wheels it would have been nice to be asked if we needed help or not). When we were checking out we did not get asked if we enjoyed our stay or if there were any problems. When we entered and exited every time there were no greetings from the staff at the desk.

Room was fab,we loved the tv size and the electronic blinds. The bed was 2 single beds joined into one however this wasn't a problem.

The location of the hotel was extremely convenient! It sits right on top of the train station which made it easier for us to get there from the airport. Also literally just outside the hotel there is a Barcelona Bus Turistic stop. This made it very convenient for us as we had taken the bus tour for 2 days. Another great advantage is that one of the tourist sites is walking distance from the hotel, Plaça dels Països Catalans.

If you are going for holiday purposes there is a tourist information desk just downstairs in the train station. We had bought our tour bus tickets from there.

Breakfast was good, there was a lot of choice. However as we don't eat pork it would have been nice to have some chicken e.g. Chicken sauages.

Overall it was a great hotel with great facilities and I would recommend it to anyone going for a holiday.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Location is the main reason to choose this place: if you are using the train, this hotel could not be more convenient as it is directly over the Sants station. As the name of the hotel chain is "Barcelo" it is a bit confusing but it is still easy to find. I give it the highest rating because it is quiet despite the location, the room is comfortable and the design is original. The bathroom is kind of strange, though, huge shower (looks fancy but too complicated) and no separate bathroom.
The staff who helped us was friendly and could speak at least 3 foreign languages (not counting Catalan!), uncommon in Spain.

Room Tip: Beware that some rooms don't have a separate bathroom (perhaps it is only the King bed rooms?)
Saltash, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

A great hotel for conferences. Enjoyed a 3 night stay whilst attending a conference. Very clean, fully equipped and this hotel managed to provide an excellent gluten free diet for me during my stay. Staff very friendly and attentive. Very easy to travel to and from the airport.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

The first time in decades that I risked staying in a hotel that sits right on top of a train station. I was very pleasantly surprised.

The good parts:
I spent 8 nights in a room in which I felt at home right from the start. The recent renovation probably helps :-) Huge HD TV, very spacious shower, big comfy bed, mini-safe, free Wifi, full complimentary soap/shampoo/comb/toothbrush/shaver/etc etc etc. (gives you a little safety margin in case you or your airline forgot to bring a suitcase... ;-)
No window to open, but the AC was doing its job the way I told it to.
Excellent breakfast buffet and lunch buffet.
Elevator takes you from lobby level to train station level. That means there is always a taxi available, two metro lines, and the train station itself with a good mix of shops.

Not so good parts:
Well... The hotel is what it is. And the location, too. But the train station looks very clean and safe, without the usual fauna of train station dwellers, non-stop security patrols with dogs, and the hotel even has the front entrance at a separate level.
If you are looking for some historical flair, or city center atmosphere, or a sea view - you will not get that. But other than that, I cannot find anything I would want to criticize.

I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gnorzo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Barcélo Sants Hotel for 2 nights on business.

On arrival, I was impressed with the hotel, not fantastic to look at from outside but inside was another matter!
Super trendy, modern, and was impressed with the Apple iMac's in reception for people to use freely!
Especially with the free WiFi...!

I stayed in room 414, a stunning room with a view over Barcelona!

Super comfy bed! And great facilities in the room.

Location is only a short metro ride away from Central barcelona, and considering the main Barca Station is below the hotel, it's so easy to get about!

Definitely worth recommending to you!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was my first time in Barcelona, attending a trade show. For what I paid for the hotel I really wasn't expecting much, so was very pleasantly surprised when I got, what I perceive to be excellent value for money.
A quick train ride in from the airport - directly to the station located underneath the hotel (absolutely no noise from this by the way), and then a quick train ride into the main tourist areas / trade exhibition etc. It was all too easy.
The space theme isn't completely over the top - and quite fun I thought.
I have already recommended this to my friends, and will definitely stay again if and when I am in Barcelona again.

Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Where to start? this was my first time in Europe and my first time in Barcelona, so people says that "the first impression is the most important" and if this is case I have to tell you that this Hotel and the City left a Big Nice One on me.

The hotel its on top of the train station so tell me about convenience, the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are small but cozy. It has a futuristic, sci-fy oriented theme and it works! The small details like the corridor auto-lighting itself when the sensors detect you, light sensors inside the room, and chocolate at your bed to welcome you are fantastic.

The room where I stayed its probably the best illuminated room I have ever stayed at which was very nice considering that I had to work at evening and it made that way more comfortable.

The room was so clean and it had a very nice scent that made it so nice to sleep.

The only reason why is not a 5, was because the food. I found better restaurants out in the city. It wasn't horrible but I did not fancy the options available in the Hotel Restaurant Menu and the schedule for me was challenging as they open for dinner at 8:00 pm which is a little bit late for my stomach. (tip: there is a McDonalds down stairs, not the best plan B, but will get some food :D)

If I ever return to Barcelona, this hotel will be my first choice! this is a fact.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business