“A winner in Barcelona!!”

Renaissance Barcelona Hotel
Ranked #162 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“A winner in Barcelona!!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed over two different weekends at this Renaissance hotel in Barcelona and I couldn't be more happier about it.

The location is excellent, one block from Passeig de Gracia where all the best shops and restaurants are. The street is quiet and easy to get to. The train station to the airport is only one block from the hotel and the Metro just two blocks.

As a platinum rewards member I received an upgrade to a bigger corner room. It was very spacious with a big king size bed which was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was also pretty big and very functional with lots of high end goodies to use. I loved the wooden floors as they are much cleaner than the regular carpet you find in other hotels. It had a big closet and a mini fridge which I don't know why it wasn't full as other Marriott AC hotels I've been around Spain. The A/C worked great and so did the WiFi internet connection.

The rate included breakfast which was a great buffet style with lots of selections to choose from. Hot and cold options and good coffee machines.

The staff was great and very attentive each time to facilitate my needs. I forgot a pair of reading glasses and they help me ship them back so I could recover them. I can't thank more the stuff for assisting me in preparing and tracking my package.

As I said before, I couldn't be more happier to have chosen this Marriott hotel in Barcelona. Great location, great rooms and excellent guest service. I will definitely recommend it and come back on my next trip to Barcelona!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicolas M
Cristina_El-Mashni, Executive Assistant to GM – PR & Communications at Renaissance Barcelona Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for these fantastic comments. I truly appreciate the detailed review.

I am so pleased we were able to welcome you back again and you found our hotel to be such an ideal location and well connected by metropolitan transportation. It is true we are located in the heart of the city close to all main attractions.

I am certainly glad you had a very enjoyable time, from the cleanliness of your room equipped with wooden floors to the breakfast experience.

I am pleased you benefited from the upgrade to an Executive room as a Platinum guest. We invite all our guests to indulge their senses in our Grab&Go shop placed next to the reception.

Thank you for the lovely comments about our ambassadors, I will share your feedback to all the team. We continuously strive to provide excellent services and accommodations to all of our guests and I am proud that we as a team made your stay a success.

We sincerely hope to welcome you in the future.

Executive Assistant – PR & Communications

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This place is a gem. I frequent Marriotts, but I used Priceline to get this for 120 USD per night way below the website price. I was greeted warmly (for a change) and given a room with a great view of La Sagrada Familia on the 10th floor. The included breakfast was excellent-the usual upscale buffet. The staff was extremely helpful. Luis, the concierge, assisted me in deciding on a trip to Tarragona. He showed me where to stay and even provided a map. The internet worked flawlessly, the room was quiet, and Nellie's recommendation of La Taglietella, a few blocks away, resulted in some truly excellent Italian food. This place is a block from Passeje de Gracia metro and the RENFE to Madrid and points down the coast. It's 5 blocks to Diagonal and a few more to La Sagrada. Very excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing La Sagrada Familia on a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank jpointer
Dear Sir,

Thank you for this fantastic feedback.

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all the team to be so helpful. We pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences for our guests with the newest local discoveries. Our associates are always pleased to be mentioned and further to your comments I will share with them your thoughts.

I am more than happy to read you discovered one of our city views rooms located on the 9th and 10th floors and offer stunning views over Montjuic , Sagrada Familia or Agbar Torre.

Thank you once again for your advice regarding our great location in the city center within walking distance to the main touristic places and some hidden gems of our exciting city. We certainly are well connected by metropolitan transportation to all city areas and to the Barcelona International Airport.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and do we hope to welcome you again.

Menasha, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great location, all the amenities, friendly staff. Currency exchange with good rate, no charges (unlike the bank). Also near public transportation stops. Walkable to many sites an the routes for "on off" tourist buses

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ViJWo
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review and your wonderful comments.

Your comment is the best reward our team can aim for. They put every day their passion to make our guest stay an amazing experience.

Your advice regarding the currency exchange is very important for all people planning to visit Barcelona. Foreign exchange currency can usually be done only in the Bank, that are open from 8 am to 2 pm. It is important for our guest to know that we can help them to make currency exchange directly at the hotel, without taking advantage of the situation.

Once again, we have a great chance to have such a location, It is surely the best in Barcelona, as you underline it, everything is walking distance, and this should you be in Barcelona to for leisure or for business.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon, and to encourage you to discover event more hidden gems located around our Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location within walking distance of all the main tourist areas.
The room was average sized but very clean and modern with a lovely view over the city (7th floor).
Internet was fast and easy to login to.
There wasn't much choice on the TV in terms of English stations but this is minor.
Staff helpful and friendly.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KatieCM
Cristina_El-Mashni, Executive Assistant to GM – PR & Communications Coordinator at Renaissance Barcelona Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel, it is a pleasure to hear that it was enjoyable.

Thank you for your advice in reference to our central location, within walking distance to the cultural and historical gems of the city.

Last February some of the English TV channels, like BCC, switched to the new Astra satellite which affected the footprint of television coverage in some areas of Southern Europe. I assure we are working on providing guests alternative English channels.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our ambassadors. We pride ourselves on delivering amazing experiences to our guests and I am glad you found everyone to be so helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Executive Assistant – PR & Communications Coordinator
upstate new york
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Renaissance in Barcelona is in a great location. The staff was extremely accommodating. The Concierge team was wonderfully helpful. The bar was low key and had a wait staff that really worked hard at pleasing people. Overall, this was a very nice hotel. Not a single complaint!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Great location, walking distance from most mayor attractions and metro station. Good value for your money. Comfortable, clean, modern rooms. Very good breakfast. Good service and great service attitude from everyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HeyDude09
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great hotel - very clean and just a few steps from the main street and the metro. You could walk almost everywhere or take the metro as we did. Thre breakfast spread is amazing....tons of jamon serrano, various cheeses, etc. It was one of the biggest breakfast spreads I've seen. FYI, you have to order coffee and specifically ask with milk from the servers. They pour everything for you so you have no control over how much or how little milk you get. That's the annoying part. They should just give you a carafe of coffee and milk at your table. I find this takes the most time - flagging or waiting for a server to come by to refill coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ExPat0331
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
Cotton House Hotel, Autograph Collection
Alma Barcelona
Alma Barcelona
#17 of 521 in Barcelona
Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona

Been to Renaissance Barcelona Hotel? Share your experiences!