Caledonian Hotel
Sunotel Central(Barcelona)
H10 Casanova(Barcelona)
Hotel Advance(Barcelona)
View Hotel
Hotel Catalonia Gran Via BCN(Barcelona)
Ako Suite Hotel(Barcelona)
Soho Hotel(Barcelona)
Els Angels(Barcelona)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsplaza universitatgreat locationsingle roomla ramblamain roadmetro stationthe hotel staffluggage roomlarge balconyminute walkcentral locationrestaurants and cafesfloor roomfree wifihotel breakfasthop on hop off buscleaning staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Room was spacious for a city centre location and well cleaned. The balcony was a good size and had great views of Barcelona (room 509). Staff were friendly and spoke English. Have stayed in similar hotels that have been 4 star rated.

Although on a main street, it was relatively quiet and we had no problems with noise on an evening. There are several bars just outside the hotel that are much cheaper than the main tourist areas.

It is a good central location for sightseeing ( Approx walking times - 5 minutes to Las Ramblas/ Plaza de Espana, 15/20 minutes to marina and 30 minutes Sagrada Familia or beach).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GrayShar
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Caledonian hotel during our stay in Barcelona. Our room was nice and the decor is contemporary. The best part of the staying here was the location - so close to La Ramblas!! The staff was professional and friendly. Wish we had stayed longer here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pallaviumarji
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had 3 rooms with terraces on 5th floor. Great views of Barcelona for a fraction of the cost of more expensive hotels. Definitely recommended for City break. Close to bars and restaurants and La Ramblas.

Room Tip: Book rooms 508 and 509 for great views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was in Barcelona in May 2014. My travel agent booked me a room at the Caledonian and it was a good choice, central to most places, close to the metro, La Rambla, La Boqueria Market and the downtown area. A peasant 30 minutes walk to the Sagrada Familia.
Interior décor of this hotel is modern and tastefully done.
Service staff was very courteous and multi-lingual speaking.
Room was very clean and had all the amenities needed, bathroom in the room.
Morning breakfast included Continental and American style was plenty and very satisfying.
Close to the hotel in a walking distance there are many restaurants, tapas bar and coffee shop.
I recommend this hotel very much.
Valentina
Interior Designer

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Valentinadesigns
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at Caledonian Hotel as a solo traveller for 3 nights. This was an alternative hotel to the one I originally booked.
The hotel was great. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. The foyer is well decorated and inviting.
The rooms were spacious and very well decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable.
The breakfast room was a good size with a decent size bathroom. The breakfast was a buffet style which I prefer and there was plenty of choice.
The location was great. 2 minutes walk to the nearest metro station (universitat) and 5/10 minutes walk to the main street La Rambla with all of its main bars and restaurants.
My only very minor complaint would be that I was on the 3rd floor and the wifi was either slow or non existent. If I wanted to use the internet I found it easier to go to reception. However, this is only a minor issue and didn't not effect my stay at all.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo