“Beautiful Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days in October while I was in Barcelona with colleagues on business. It was expensive but since the company was paying for it I can't complain.

The hotel is in a great location - very close to shops / bars / restaurants / tourist attractions.

We ate breakfast and lunch in the hotel every day and the food was very nice. Conference facilities were also good - we had a decent sized room and staff were quick to adjust the air con for us when required..

The bar and lobby area was very nice with big couches, and there was also a terrace on the 9th floor with great views over the city.

My bedroom was nice and fairly modern, with a massive comfy bed and nice trendy decor. The only issue was the bath was open into the room, not in a separate room, so the full room steamed up when I had a shower. Also, the shower pressure was terrible and took me a good 10-15mins to rinse the shampoo out my hair, further adding to the steam in the room.

The room had bath / shower, separate toilet, complimentary toiletries, flat screen TV, mini bar, coffee machine, and air con.

I was surprised the window opened up fully since I was on the 16th floor, but no complaints as it was good to get some air in and hear the noise from the city. It wasn't too noisy at night as there were two sets of windows to reduce noise. Great views out my bedroom window.

The main problem with the hotel was that reception staff were slow, with typically only one person serving you (with another 1 or 2 looking on from behind which was annoying), and the 2 elevators were small and slow. Staying on the 16th floor meant I wasn't eager to take the stairs so often had to wait a long time on the lift.

The hotel was very nice though and couldn't fault the location. It also looked expensive with a very nice reception and bar area.

Room Tip: ask for high floor for excellent views over the city
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great location and fantastic price for the value. Breakfast is very nice with good choice. The junior suites are nice, but soon they need to do some renovation (carpets, divans). The room has an espresso machine (not Nespresso). The room is still modern.
At the reception they are always slow. Fitness is too small and needs upgrade.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed here in June for 3 nights. Booked through Priceline.com. It's location was not as near the attractions as stated but a 10 euro cab ride would get you there. The lobby was nice. We found our room to be clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable. We and our travelling companions went to the bar area upstairs to have a drink but the selection was limited so we went down the street to a great spot. There are a couple of nice cafés and restaurants near there. Overall, we would stay there again. Just a note, be sure to bring your copy of the priceline confirmation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank CRP94
Murphy, Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I had never been to this hotel and found it on Trip Advisor. We loved it! The lobby was beautiful and our room was spacious, comfortable and cool! Everyone there was very nice! I will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank khanebutt
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Far from all attractions, be aware this hotel is not accommodating. Staff was very rude and unprofessional would not aid to our need or request. Would never stay at this hotel it ruined my holiday, my husband and I left and stayed at another hotel a couple of doors down.
Would not recommend this hotel even to my worst enemy.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank robert b
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here last year, made the booking on LastMinute.com, noticed right after the booking was submitted that I had somehow accidentally selected a check-out of Monday when I meant to check-out the day before, which cost me an additional €100. I immediately contacted the hotel to try to change the date and get a refund, but they said very sorry, because I booked with LastMinute, I could only change with them.

I contacted LastMinute, who were very helpful, and said if the hotel would agree to change the date, they would be happy to refund the extra €100. I forwarded this email to the hotel, and the "Bookings Jefe" responded and said he was very sorry, but it was clearly a no-refund booking I could not possibly convince him to change the date back to Sunday for me, even if I leave on Sunday I will still be charged for the extra day, thanks for my interest. I wrote them a letter but no response.

Finally seeing no other option, I angrily visited the hotel and found a very nice place, with a beautiful view Avignuda Diagona, a terrific and very clean room, great service in the lobby, and a reasonable price per night, even if their reservations chief was a bit of an idiot.

All in all great stay, just be sure you don't let them have any money you're not 100% sure you want them to keep.

Room Tip: Ask for confirmation of view of Diagonal.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Charlie B
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great hotel. Friendly staff and clean modern room that has good soundproofing. Room is larger than other hotel rooms I've seen. Soft big bed. If you get a room on the upper floors, you have a great view of Barcelona and the ocean. Large shower stall, but no tub, but it really didn't bother me because it was a nice bathroom. About a 15 minute walk from the metro. Diagonal avenue has lots or restaurants and shops and is very safe. If you don't mind walking, you can walk down Passeig de Gracia, which has lots of places to shop, and be at the Rambla in 30 minutes and not even have to take the metro. Only wish hotel staff spoke English a little better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends