I stayed in this hotel for 5 days in October while I was in Barcelona with colleagues on business. It was expensive but since the company was paying for it I can't complain.
The hotel is in a great location - very close to shops / bars / restaurants / tourist attractions.
We ate breakfast and lunch in the hotel every day and the food was very nice. Conference facilities were also good - we had a decent sized room and staff were quick to adjust the air con for us when required..
The bar and lobby area was very nice with big couches, and there was also a terrace on the 9th floor with great views over the city.
My bedroom was nice and fairly modern, with a massive comfy bed and nice trendy decor. The only issue was the bath was open into the room, not in a separate room, so the full room steamed up when I had a shower. Also, the shower pressure was terrible and took me a good 10-15mins to rinse the shampoo out my hair, further adding to the steam in the room.
The room had bath / shower, separate toilet, complimentary toiletries, flat screen TV, mini bar, coffee machine, and air con.
I was surprised the window opened up fully since I was on the 16th floor, but no complaints as it was good to get some air in and hear the noise from the city. It wasn't too noisy at night as there were two sets of windows to reduce noise. Great views out my bedroom window.
The main problem with the hotel was that reception staff were slow, with typically only one person serving you (with another 1 or 2 looking on from behind which was annoying), and the 2 elevators were small and slow. Staying on the 16th floor meant I wasn't eager to take the stairs so often had to wait a long time on the lift.
The hotel was very nice though and couldn't fault the location. It also looked expensive with a very nice reception and bar area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hesperia Presidente hotel made an impressive addition to the Barcelona skyline when it opened its doors in 1964. Located in the geographical heart of the city, it’s still a significant landmark, with easy access to the city’s business district, shops, restaurants, nightlife and tourist attractions – including the Paseo de Gracia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, NHHotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your NH Hesperia Barcelona Presidente reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Presidente Barcelona
- Hesperia Presidente Hotel Barcelona
- NH Hesperia Barcelona Presidente Catalonia